• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

Gargoyle One said:
Quick fun fact.
GATE's main writer was actually in the JSDF for a brief 4 years before eventually becoming a writer for the GATE novels.

Coming from someone who has actually read the books briefly, I can clearly tell A1 pictures are responsible for the bias towards the JSDF and the JASDF bias within the show.
So how do the books compare to the Anime quality wise?

For one the Gary Stu, while still an Otaku, only briefly shows that he is during certain scenes of the books like whenever he's relaxing before a mission, but he typically is the nobody of the squad and isn't anyone special.

That said he doesn't have an attraction to the girls like he creepily does in the show, but more of a uncle to their niece type view.

The book also focuses more on how the two nations view eachother and what they can do to build one another, granted there's still action in the books and it's still dumb, though not as dumb as the show.

It's an average book I guess, nothing of any real note, JASDF scenes are fun but they are few and far between and given my username that should be obvious.

The phrase "backwards scaling" gets misused all the time and is often just said to make completely legitamate powerscaling sound less valid.

I think his music just sucks.

I kinda liked "Coming Home" if I am being honest. Apart from that, agree 100%

Modern music as a whole is a major downgrade from the musical progressions and abstracts we saw during the 60's to 90's mainly in part that there's now a general idea on how successful a song will be and most writers and producers follow that algorithm, leading to the homogonized, montonoous, repetitive, and artificial "music" we have now. Also most music has sound artifically baked into it as to make it seem different but the only difference is it's getting louder. So sorry, but I'll take my Frank Zappa, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Judas Priest over any modern pop stars.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I prefer Videogame OST's than regular music nowadays.
Video game OSTs can be genuinely good and even breathtaking. Unlike the mass produced pop music garbage, video game music is meant to enhance the atmosphere of a location in a game, deepen your immersion, and keep you focused on the game. It just enhances the overall experience.

Back