• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

@Gar I worded it that way cuz maybe there is someone out there who hates fictional things for the example reason: they wasted too much money on said fictional things and it turns out to be bad so they felt they had been ripped off.

That is also still not the fiction fault tho.

And how does that in any way refer to what I spoke...Like at all...?

Great, I talk about nothing but the quality of the show and the precedent itself, and I got a response about something I typed literally nothing about, seems I typed all of that for nothing.

It is the fault of the fiction to have set a precedent that other fictions decide to follow from popularity and with that the same flaws arise, that is the fault of the fiction, it also more then half my post.

And literally nothing to do with what you just said.

@Homu was the point about money directed at Gar or just a general observation you had?

Edit: I meant to say 'response to Gar'. Sorry.

@Gar I mean, to me, it's not the fiction fault cuz that is the risks I should take when I devoted on something, in this case, fictions.

Takes Fairy Tail for example. When I starts reading the series, I, as a reader, was always thinking for the best and the worst for the series, despite the promising premise. I did that so when it turned out to be not as I wanted to, I wouldn't go and say "Damn, I hate it. What a waste of time". Disappoints? yes. But hates?

To me, devoting oneself into some fiction and it went downhill is not the fiction fault if they didn't considered the risk of it to become a disappointment.

But that is just me, people has different mindset regarding this kind of stuff.

Where They Cremate the Roadkill is a great game

(It's an unpopular opinion bc i'm the only one on the wiki who has played it)

Is it better than Middens tho

I played a bit of it and while it's not bad, it didn't hook me in that much.

I really don't get the "Mario is a dick" thing, like... obviously that was never their intention, and at best it could be seen as poor characterization for a dude that is a pretty blank slate.

I mean, whenever he is seen actually interacting with luigi, he seems to be really supportive and cool.

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Ending Complete Full HD
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Ending Complete Full HD

Not really seeing the dickheaded part here.

I never thought Mario was a dick. I always thought of him as a good, brave and heroic man who ca and has been a real dick at times. These are exceptions and not the rule, of course.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Is it better than Middens tho
I played a bit of it and while it's not bad, it didn't hook me in that much.
Middens isn't that great. It's an okay game. The exploration is nice too but yeah the game can get pretty frustrating and there isn't much there compared to Gingiva or Roadkill, although it does have some pretty memorable NPC quotes.

Gingiva actually has custscenes, multiple characters that are actually interesting, an actual story to tell besides "kill everyone", and it's more of a linear game as well with a little bit of wiggling room for exploration here and there. Generally there's a lot more to Gingiva to develop the world.

Roadkill is a culmination of both of the selling points of Gingiva and Middens; exploration plus storytelling. Animations are much less choppy, there's an actual reward for exploring, battle system is a lot more engaging (although there is a bit of a learning curve), and there's also the added mechanic of being able to use your mouse to interact with the environment like in Putt-Putt. But it's super frustrating at times and you're gonna die. A lot.

Overall they aren't super amazing games; they're rough around the edges and frustrating at times but if you're willing to look past that they're gonna stick to you for a while.

I don't really have a problem with generic games al la la 80 Percent of Jrpgs including XB2. yes that game is such a ripoff of another >_>

anyway I don't care

I just want to have fun with the game

Modern JRPGs tend to suck in general. They're either way to tongue-and-cheek to take seriously or generic moe anime nonsense. Even the ones that break away from those molds usually boil down to shallow treks through nostalgia without much nuance or depth.

A lot of JRPGs nowadays seem to parody a game that never existed. Useless princess kidnapped by demons in super uber generic medieval world, and you have to save her. They act like it's the most tired cliche when really I can only think of a handful examples of that happening in classic JRPGs (SNES/Genesis and below) and even some of the ones that did it then poked fun at it. Play games like Chou Mahou Tairiku Wozz, Shinsende, Columbus: Golden Daw, The Adventure Of Hourai High School, Square's Tom Sawyer, The Glory of Heracles or even big name games like Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV and you'll realize just how much variety we had in JRPGs back then.

JRPGs were best in the SNES era for sure; though, I disagree with all of them sucking. Both Xenoblade games were fascinating, I actually really liked The Last Story, and Bravely Default wasn't bad. It's mostly Western RPGs is what I have problems with nowadays; even Skyrim and various MMORPG's just feel like Quantity over Quality IMO.

Though, IMO, the most recent Final Fantasy games do pretty much suck nowadays.

I'm actually so sick of the Open World genre...not because I hate Open world games, to the contrary they are amazing assists that can improve a game immensely depending on the game... but not every game has to be open world.. the sub-genre is just oversaturated

Yeah,both Xenoblade series is not really bad and Persona 5 is still very successful,and then there is SMT 5 who maybe best JRPG,and then there is NiER Automata altough it's more like action rpg.

Yeah,FFXV is honestly sucks here.

Oh they don't all suck. The Digimon Story is some of the best JRPGs i've ever played. I'm just so tired of the generic stuff we get nowadays.

@DarkAnine, and even the most generic RPGs that do suck are no wear near as bad as the even more generic FPS's and Sports; though never really cared about either of the genre's as mentioned above. This video sums up exactly what I think about Madden and pretty much every Sports game; especially EA ones.

"This statement is wrong because the character who said it was wrong about something before" is an incredibly asinine argument that I see used way too often.

It basically suggests that in order for anything a character says to be taken seriously, they must be omniscient, perfect and never make any mistakes. If someone says something wrong, it means that everything they ever say is wrong. Even if this statement has nothing suggesting it's wrong, and is backed up by other reliable sources.

Heck I've even seen cases where multiple people say the same thing, yet since one of those people was wrong once before, then all the statements are supposedly invalid.

Now of course if the character has a history of being unreliable and/or their statement is highly outlandish then of course we shouldn't accept it. However taking one completely unrelated instance of a character being wrong in the past and saying it has to mean they're wrong this time, is silly in my unpopular opinion.

I agree Ryu people forget everyone makes mistakes but it doesn't automatically make everything you say invalid

Black Clover>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairytail

Shadowbokunohero said:
Black Clover>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairytail
Calling anything greater than Fairy tail won't be an unpopular opinion.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
GATE is a terrible anime.
I agree with this.
And here's why.

Uninteresting, borderline Gary-Stu protagonist surrounded by a fantasy harem. Including two underage girls, and one Demigod loli.

I don't need to explain why Episode 6-7 made me very uncomftorable.

No tension whatsoever, since the JSDF can comfortably mow down every obstacle they encounter.

Strong propaganda vibes from the series itself. Portrays the Japanese army as wonderful. And other nations as evil. Hell, I've even heard about GATE characters being used in Japanese army recruitment pics.

Also why are they called "Japenese Self defense Force" when they mercilessly mow down innocent civilians and shit?

So yeah.....

As a matter of fact. I would go as far to say that GATE is worse than the likes of the Akame ga Kill anime adaptation, and Halo 5 Campaign in terms of quality.

Quick fun fact.

GATE's main writer was actually in the JSDF for a brief 4 years before eventually becoming a writer for the GATE novels.

Coming from someone who has actually read the books briefly, I can clearly tell A1 pictures are responsible for the bias towards the JSDF and the JASDF bias within the show.

Back