• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

VersusJunkie54 said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is severely overated. It's not nearly as dark and morbid as people have made it out to be. But Idk for sure since I dropped in on episode 6. All the characters bore me, with the exception of Homura. Who does seem legitimately interesting.
Mami's death was rather..... meh. When it happened I literally yawned. It was literally like Sheele from Akame ga Kill. Only executed even more poorly, on a character with even less development.

Honestly Hunter x Hunter does the whole starting out cutesy then turning morbid thing far far far better. And Hisoka alone has more character than the entire PMMM verse.
Meh,Hisoka still get murderstomped by majority of PMMM.

Honestly HxH is more annoyed me tbh,yes it have good story,but god Gon in Chimera arc is really worst that make me want to thorn the comic i read.

PMMM>>>>HxH,fite me.

That said tho,honestly i think PMMM is ruining the majority of magical genre for me like magical girl with no darker story=rip,but then again there is Carcaptor Sakura who is successful yet it have classic magical girl genre aside nostalgia.

@Dark Anyone who thinks what Mario did there is evil obviously has never had a sibling (and this is coming from an only child ovo). It's just playful rivalry. OVO

There was the Mario is communist theory and Mario's appearance looking very reminiscent of Stalin also. Also, I actually have a sibling; three of them, and I personally find that seen disturbing. Stomping on someone's foot is generally considered painful, the grinding thing, I'll admit that's more just weird rather than dickish.

But I forgot to mention that both generations of Mario has done quite a few dick moves to Baby Luigi in Partners & Time. Don't forget Mario punching Luigi in the balls in Superstar Saga.

@Ryu Not saying it was evil, just that it was pretty dickish.

Me and my siblings didn't really do stuff like that. We mostly just hit each other. Ever been kicked in the spine by someone nearly 10 years your senior? Not something you forget.

@Dragon You mean a theory so god awful even MatPat debunked it?

It's a little prank, Luigi obviously wasn't that hurt by it. They still love each other and have saved each other's lives countless times. One little thing like that doesn't define their entire relationship.

@Dark You do realize you just proved my point right? Your siblings did even worse stuff to you than Mario did to Luigi there.

I hope Dark wasn't punched the balls like Luigi was in Superstar Saga. And that's also a crime because it violates a copyright law. Only Johnny Cage is legally aloud to punch nuts; fact.

1. That was obviously just a little gag move.

2. You mean something Mario did immediately after Luigi flattened him with a giant hammer? Not helping the "Luigi is a helpless victim to Mario's antics" case.

Except the hammer never actually damaged Mario, it just magically shortened him so he could reach places. The Balls punching part was legitimately painful and actually damages him. Also, in Partners in Time, the Marios would frequently like shove Baby Luigi to the side while Adult Luigi seems to be the only one who cares for Baby Luigi. At least Luigi was nice enough to give Baby Mario a cookie. Also Baby Mario suddenly jumping on Baby Luigi for no reason was just mean. But hey, at least it lead to the discovery of how to cure Shroob transmutation.

People saying that the copious amounts references to classical literature in Masada's works means his works are intelligent is that same as people saying that Rick and Morty is an intelligent show.

Hitting Mario so hard that his entire body flattens would definitely be painful. If you're to say it's not because Mario immediately shrugs it off afterwards, the same could be said for Luigi.

But again it's just a little gag, and not something you have to do in the gameplay. So if people played this entire game without doing this, does this mean Mario canonically didn't do it?

I don't know which scenes in M&L you're referring to.

Either way my point is that even if Mario is flawed or has done some dick things, he is not some evil, heartless monster MatPat makes him out to be. And nearly all his reasons for such are very easily disprovable.

Dat Dot said:
But if we love real 3D person there's a chance that person will love you back. But if we love the 2D waifu... There's almost a 0% chance they will love you back.
I can't believe we're talking about this. Next! </div>
So anything ps1 Era and up then

D4510f98137d2fb1aa58309ed07ad347

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Meh,Hisoka still get murderstomped by majority of PMMM.

Honestly HxH is more annoyed me tbh,yes it have good story,but god Gon in Chimera arc is really worst that make me want to thorn the comic i read.

PMMM>>>>HxH,fite me.

That said tho,honestly i think PMMM is ruining the majority of magical genre for me like magical girl with no darker story=rip,but then again there is Carcaptor Sakura who is successful yet it have classic magical girl genre aside nostalgia.
Kharn the Betrayer, and Khrone say "No" to their uoverinflated, exaggerated hax abilities and clap the entire verse.

Honestly, I'd rather watch Dragon Ball than PMMM. And that's saying something, because I despise Dragon Ball in general.

That being said, HxH's story, characters, powers, arcs..... just about everything is better written and more interesting than PMMM. That is my opinion.

Definition of fact: Something that cannot be denied such as "a living being needs to breath".

Claiming an opinion as a fact is just arrogance.

Nah...You can hates a fictional series all you want (which is doesn't makes sense since how can you hate something that basically haven't and cannot do anything to you).

But don't just go and spouting that your opinions are facts.

@Homu

Oh dear lord! How dare someone not like a series and criticize it? Especially not the almighty PMMM how could I?

I was joking about it being a fact, I meant that it was my opinion.

There are people on this wiki that feel the same way about Bleach, One Punch Man, Halo, AGK, One Piece, etc. You can't really get angry with someone giving their thoughts and opinions.

@VJ When did exactly I said you cannot criticized PMMM?

But you wrote "That is a fact" in the way that some people would interpreted it as serious statement.

And I'm not angry at you criticized or hating a series cuz that is your right, nothing I can do about it.

Alright, we should drop this then. Sorry I didn't clear that up from the beginning. I have a tendency to act before I think honestly.

Don't really see how two different opinions on an unpopular opinions thread is derailing.

<how can you hate something that basically haven't and can't do anything to you.

For one, of you genuinely never hated a show, movie, or game or any sort of fictional series or even part of a series, I am amazed.

Second, say there's a show everyone keeps constantly raving about, to the point of annoyance like RWBY or PMMM, the former I used to like, the latter I genuinely do. The popularity of a show sets a precedent and an idea of what other shows or other mediums should also try.

Small example, take the fight between Kiritsugu and Kirei in fate zero, not flashy, every move is simplistic and easy to comprehend, people like me love this fight to death.

Then you get the people who prefer the flashy and over the top fights, like in RWBY or in Madoka Magica.

You then have shit like Fate Apocrypha where the studio tries and fails to make an over the top badass fight that makes no goddamm sense and just isn't anywhere entertaining enough to for me to get invested.

This is all just one tiny example.

Second, if you have an opinion on a popular show, someone on the internet mocks you for it, and that's not an opinion it's a fact, that will always happen and will never stop changing, when you get into repeated arguments from a terrible fan base spawned by a series of varrying quality (Like SAO or volumes 4 and 5 of RWBY) come back to me and tell me you don't have some form of dislike against the series, especially when you watch said series everyone raves about and end up wasting your time, and still hearing said people raving about stuff that simply doesn't make sense to you over and over.

To say a person hating a fictional series doesn't make sense, is logic that comes from no form of thought.

Back