• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

@Real Cal Howard @Veloxt

Nope. Not an SJW thing. Just that fans of female characters other than Lucy and Ezra would dismiss them as being only fanservice characters while completely ignoring the fact that EVERY ******* female character has fanservice moments during EVERY major appearance. Freaking Ooba Babasaama and Wendy, who are 80+ and 13 respectively, have fanservice moments.

The real cal howard said:
I have Ooba's fanservice horribly branded into my frontal lobe after that scene... (shivers)
That was one hell of a gag moment. Not going to lie. I laughed out loud for real during that scene.

I'm more disturbed by the Wendy and Sherria fanservice. Makes me question what the hell is going on in Mashima's head.

Concern meme

Soldier Blue said:
Wall of text
Stealth games like Splinter Cell do have better mechanics, but i do agree that Crysis really nails the shooting and overall gameplay for an FPS of that type. Even though it's an "ego" shooter, it does do a lot of interesting mechanics for the genre, like the on the fly weapon customization and the fantastic destructible enviroment mechanics. It's not Half Life 2 or Doom level of innovation, but it's pretty great.

And to give credit to Crysis, it at least did it well. Because Far Cry has aged about as well as rotten milk.

https://youtu.be/PnGAuJz4dMU

I don't deny that. As far as FPS titles go, I love the gameplay of Crysis. I really do. It's so much fun.

By far the thing I love most is the cloak feature. I love sneaking around and sniping at targets with a silenced carbine from a few dozen metres away. Makes me feel like Predator.

Actually, I would say that Far Cry has aged well. Keep in mind that the engine and game were developed in 2001-2003. Compare Far Cry to other games from that time period. Far Cry was quite advanced for its time.

Soldier Blue said:
Actually, I would say that Far Cry has aged well. Keep in mind that the engine and game were developed in 2001-2003. Compare Far Cry to other games from that time period. Far Cry was quite advanced for its time.
While I admit that they are different genres Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, FFX-2 and Sons Of Liberty have all aged much better.

In terms of FPS games, Stranger's wrath, Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and HL2 are still masterpieces.

Yobobojojo said:
Overhaxxed characters can reaslly suck the life out of a versus thread, even with memes
No wonder my Kirby Vs. Soma Cruz thread is dead, even after continous bumping... for 2 weeks!

LordWhis said:
In terms of FPS games, Stranger's wrath, Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and HL2 are still masterpieces.
I agree. One can keep replaying those games over and over and never get tired of them. I got tired of Far Cry after a point. Even Crysis I dind't get tired of.

Starter Pack said:
BattleReviews said:
the first Sonic game is the worst classic sonic game of the trilogy
True enough. They didn't even add the spin dash until Sonic 2. I've played the later versions of the original Sonic where they added in the spin dash to Sonic's move set, and I really can't imagine him without it.
I have to agree with this too.

Anything past Green Hill is usually considered by many as terrible by many in Sonic 1, so I think this isn`t unpopular.

Idk what Fortnite is, but from what I've seen, it looks overrated.
Someone plz tell me I'm wrong. I kinda wanna have hope in it.
It is pretty overrated and overhyped by the fans but it's not a bad game by any means, solid in what it aims to do

Shadowbokunohero said:
Idk what Fortnite is, but from what I've seen, it looks overrated.
Someone plz tell me I'm wrong. I kinda wanna have hope in it.
It is pretty overrated and overhyped by the fans but it's not a bad game by any means, solid in what it aims to do
I personally can't stand it.

Players Unknown Battlegrounds, or PUBG is better.

I think Bryce Papenbrook and Austin Tindle are very good dub voice actors, and I think they have done pretty well when given a good role, such as Eugene or Meliodas for Bryce and Accelerator for Austin

I actually though Bryce did a really good job in Pokemon Origins, was kinda cool to get a Pokemon protagonist that can emote and doesn't sound like their balls are constantly being crushed.

@Veloxt1r0kore:

Actually, Bojack Horseman is the greatest cartoon of all time. For some reason it didn't enter my head when I thought cartoons.

i actually dont want the current Star wars canon to get higher than City+ in AP

id rather have more hax for the characters

I agree. I think they're fine at 7-C to High 7-C. I just wish we'd get some 7-C feats in the films themselves.

I also wish we'd actually see something like a BDZ in a movie or animation. And not that underpowered nonsense we got in Zero Hour. I'm talking like heavy turbolasers melting a city with one shot as we saw in the Phasma novel and causing planet-wide tectonic spasms as we saw in Aftermath: Life Debt.

If they let Matthew Stover write some Star Wars films, I bet you we actually would see a Force adept quake a moon or even a planet.

I honestly want them to be as strong as in Legends, so shaking the entire galaxy with their force powers !

All hail 4-A Canon !

They should let Genndy Tartakovsky work with Dave Filoni on the next Star Wars animated series. Then we'd probably get some consistent superhuman feats for Force adepts and less PIS. But with Filoni monitoring everything, it'd likely be less over-the-top than the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon.

Balance!

talking about OP Star wars characters, I'm surprised we don't have a profile for Waru, a being capable of tearing holes in time and space

Shadowbokunohero said:
talking about OP Star wars characters, I'm surprised we don't have Waru, a being capable of tearing holes in time and space
I remember Waru. Comes from the really freaky side of Legends.

I first learnt of Waru from EckhartsLadder XD

I have no idea what we'd put in a profile for that guy, also didn't he need kid Jaina or kid Jacen or some other powerful force user nearby to do his wormhole thing ?

Also, why don't we have a profile for Jaina ?

Back