• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
My Unpopular opinion:
1. Cowboy Bebop is Overrated:
2. Sucking chocolate is better than chewing it
3. "If you don't work hard you'll be a garbage collector" is bullshit and stupid as well. Garbage collectors have a workers union, have insurance, and make on average over 25 dollars an hour
4. Camping in video games is a legitimate strategy.
5. EA is a great company and cmon, the loot boxes in Battlefront 2 or other EA games are not that bad.
5,5. EA games are ALWAYS good
6. Old sports games are way better than they are today.
7. I don't like Berserk manga, they are edgy like the anime adaptations, they are dull, lame, full of rape and violence. Drugs, gore, violence, sex, all that taboo must serve a purpose to the story and Berserk brings them as decorations and it has ALMOST nothing to do with the plot.
8. I like Call of Duty Ghosts and here's why:
  1. Its downloadable content is pretty good, bringing guests like Michael Myers and the Predator, although the Wii U version lacks it
  2. Strikezone became a popular map in the game, even it was remade as Genesis in Infinite Warfare. (It is the only good map, most of the maps in Ghosts are too big and ugly)
  3. To be fair the Extinction mode can be fun sometimes and it was something new for the Call of Duty co-op modes. And at least Infinity Ward didn't forget about it and brought some references in Infinite Warfare, and through the last DLC, the aliens from Extinction appeared in its zombie map The beast from beyond.
  4. The Chaos mode was back from MW3 for free.
  5. The multiplayer introduced killstreaks based on some maps (like the aforementioned Michael Myers and Predator), unfortunately, that mechanic was repeated only in Advanced Warfare.
  6. Elias’s death was sad and emotional.
  7. It’s the last Call of Duty to be released on a Nintendo platform and to lack any Supply Drops (at least until Modern Warfare (2019) came out).
  8. The story is not that bad but most of the characters' deaths are bad.
  9. The guns' sounds are amazing.
9.Touhou is not that great, I know I said this in my previous Unpopular Opinions thread but:
  1. The character's art is "so bad, it's good". In newer games, it gets better, but conversely, endings and the Reimu art on the title screen look worse with each new game.
  2. Generic plot. Although it gets much more development in the official manga and the lore and background behind the world of Gensokyo itself is interesting.
  3. Twilight Frontier often rushes their fighting games and without patches, they don't look good.
  4. Repetitive Gameplay and fighting games are average
10. Five Night at Freddy's is a bad series
FNAF 1:
  1. Boring gameplay. Most of the time, all you do is check the cameras and close the two doors until the timer runs out. Once you figure out the ideal strategy the game loses any challenge or meaning to play, as you can repeat that strategy every night.
    • For that matter, there are only three cameras that you actually need to check, the rest can be completely ignored.
  2. The jumpscares quickly stop being effective, let alone scary. It doesn't help that it's easy to predict when a jumpscare will happen, which completely defeats the point of a jumpscare.
    • Foxy's jumpscare is not even that scary. It just consists of him leaning into the office while screaming.
  3. The only thing that changes between each night is that the AI for animatronics becomes more aggressive.
  4. With the sole exception of Foxy, none of the animatronics has any walking animations, instead of the security cameras malfunction whenever they move to a different room.
    • The primary reason for this is that Clickteam Fusion uses sprites instead of 3D rendering.
  5. The AI sometimes becomes cheap, because Freddy will just teleport into your office, no matter if you have your doors closed or not. Bonnie and Chica will also sometimes stand next to the doors for too long and drain so much power that clearing the night becomes near impossible without luck.
  6. The graphics look poor for 2014, the game looks like it was made in the mid-to-late 2000s.
  7. After beating all five nights, the sixth night, and Custom Night, the only thing you get is a star.
  8. If you try to beat Custom Night on 20/20/20/20 mode, it's almost impossible to do so due to it being luck-based.
    • The mobile versions also feature microtransactions, including decorative "plush toys" that do nothing, and a cheat mode that removes all challenges from the game for $4.99.
FNAF 2:
  1. The game is more difficult than the first one but mostly through cheap methods, as the player is required to manage much more animatronics at once, and putting on the mask to avoid getting killed requires too quick (and rather clunky) reflexes.
  2. Many times clearing a night boils down to RNG.
  3. Because of the increase in difficulty, the jumpscares become dull much quicker.
  4. Just like the previous game, the only thing you get when completing all the nights is a star.
  5. The music box mechanic is very annoying and tedious, to the point that when you progress during the nights, the game forces you to only check the Prize Corner camera constantly just to wind up the box, as the difficulty increases, making the rest of the cameras pointless.
  6. The mobile versions suffer from the same limitations as with the previous game, including choppier animations with missing frames, lower visual quality, and a lack of transitions. The animatronics are also noticeably more aggressive in the mobile versions.
  7. Balloon Boy is very annoying because if you don't put the mask on in time, he will steal batteries and render your flashlight completely unusable.
FNAF 3:
  1. Unlike the other games where you can predict and control the movements of the animatronics for the most part despite the heavy RNG involved, Springtrap is too unpredictable and random. This is made worse by the fact that the methods used to keep Springtrap away often don't work.
  2. The Phantom animatronics (especially Phantom Foxy) are hard to avoid and leave you unable to distract Springtrap, which often results in you getting killed because of them.
  3. The game tries to add variety by requiring you to keep track of several systems within the building, like oxygen, audio, and the cameras themselves, however, these systems break down too frequently and the time it takes to reboot them could lead to you dying from a cheap death.
  4. The methods required to unlock the secret minigames and get the true ending are too convoluted and cryptic to figure out, and all you get for clearing them is a slightly different "THE END" screen.
  5. The mobile version has minigames that have also been simplified from their PC counterparts, including several removing the ability to jump and their layout being changed to fit a smaller screen.
  6. Starting from this game the lore begins turning very confusing and nonsensical, going from haunted animatronics to a serial killer experimenting with dead souls to him ending up trapped inside a rotten suit for decades to the same serial killer haunting the player until the building the game takes place in is lit on fire.
  7. You can beat the game within one hour.
FNAF 4
  1. The lore in this game is made much more confusing.
  2. The margin for error is too small bordering on unfair to the point that the game had to be patched to be less punishing. Even with the patch, it's still very unforgiving.
  3. Even if you beat the Plushtrap mini-game, the bonus is a one-time guarantee. Basically meaning it becomes invalid if you die during the night.
  4. The game is too reliant on sound cues, in order to know where the animatronics are, you need to listen for incredibly quiet "breathing" noises, which can make the game almost unplayable without headphones or speakers, and is made worse by the incredibly loud jumpscare sound effects.
  5. The Halloween Edition DLC doesn't add anything to the experience other than giving Jack-o-Lantern aesthetics for both Nightmare Bonnie and Nightmare Chica (Also renamed Jack-o-Bonnie and Jack-o-Chica respectively), Plushtrap being replaced with Nightmare Balloon Boy, Nightmare Foxy replaced by Nightmare Mangle and the Puppet replacing Nightmare.
Thankfully, Sister Location fixed all the issues.
11. Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield 5 are not that bad
Battlefield 5:
  1. Combat is still good.
  2. The maps "Aerodrome" and "Twisted Steel" are fun to play on.
  3. Aside from the bad lighting, the graphics are great.
  4. The sound design is good.
  5. All DLC is free, and the microtransactions are only for cosmetics.
  6. While easy, campaign missions are now less linear, and there are multiple play-styles to use.
  7. The additional War Story, The Last Tiger, allows you to play as Germans and shows that not all German soldiers were actually Nazis and bad people, which is very rare for a WW2 game, even though it's pretty watered down. It is also arguably the best chapter in the campaign.
  8. Many of the worst bugs have been fixed, even though some bugs remain.
  9. Finding games is much easier nowadays.
  10. Animations (apart from a few bugs of course) are exceedingly well done.
  11. Despite the numerous historical inaccuracies and SJW-pandering, some of the war stories cover more obscure aspects of World War II, like the Tirailleurs Sénégalais.
  12. Before the game's discontinuation, DICE didn't give up on the game despite the initial turmoil, and they (for the most part) listened to player feedback.
  13. Pacific Theatre maps and combat which were added in 2019 are a great experience.
Hardline:
  1. Great soundtrack.
  2. Great sound design like other Battlefield or DICE games.
  3. Despite the weak story, at times it makes you interested.
  4. It would be better as a completely new IP and if it was more polished.
  5. The weapon animations are a big improvement over the previous games, as they have robotic animations.
  6. Lots of funny rare reload animations and Easter Eggs, like a drivable couch and an alligator that you can use as a weapon.
  7. Good vehicle designs.
  8. The servers, while disappointing, are still much better than Battlefield 4 at launch.
That's all, I will add more
Rules are the same as the last one

Last edited:
Anyone who defends loot boxes, gacha or "surprise mechanics" needs to be conceptually erased on a tier 0 level for the betterment of humanity (including those who defend EA or Epic games) not an opinion just an axiom.

Now that's out the way:

1) Pineapple on pizza is perfectly acceptable and is only considered widely "weird" in NA.

2) Smash bros will always be a fun party game and that's about it. The "competitive" scene is a joke at best and I won't even talk about the worst for obvious reasons.

3) Sonic 06 is better than any "modern" Sonic game (post-generations), Shadow's character in 06 alone dumps on all Sonic game stories from the 2010s onwards.

4) Aang meeting a Lion-turtle to resolve his internal conflict on whether to kill Firelord Ozai or not was a Deus Ex Machina and not well written at all.

5) HxH is a good Shonen however it's nowhere near the masterpiece as fans would call it (most notably its pacing issues) and outside Meurem most of the cast are no more complex than other archetypes you'll find in other Shonen (also hiatus memes) and the chimera ant arc had a little too much nepotism for my tastes.

Those are few of my hot takes!

Last edited:
Anyone who defends loot boxes, gacha or "surprise mechanics" needs to be conceptually erased on a tier 0 level for the betterment of humanity (including those who defend EA or Epic games) not an opinion just an axiom.

Now that's the out the way:

1) Pineapple on pizza is perfectly acceptable and is only considered widely "weird" in NA.

2) Smash bros will always be a fun party game and that's about it. The "competitive" scene is a joke at best and I won't even talk about the worst for obvious reasons.

3) Sonic 06 is better than any "modern" Sonic game (post-generations), Shadow's character in 06 alone dumps on all Sonic game stories from the 2010s onwards.

4) Aang meeting a Lion-turtle to resolve his internal conflict on whenever to kill Firelord Ozai or not was a Deus Ex Machina and not well written at all.

5) HxH is a good Shonen however it's nowhere the masterpiece as fans would call it (most notably its pacing issues) and outside Meurem most of the cast are no more complex than other archetypes you'll find in other Shonen (also hiatus memes).

Those are few of my hot takes!
Unpopular opinion, smash bros is a better game than most fighting games

Unpopular opinion, smash bros is a better game than most fighting games
I actually agree with that opinion funny enough. Soul Cailbur is the only "legit" fighting game I bothered to learn the mechanics of (due to the massive amounts of customization) and I only enjoy MK for the lore, certain characters and ofc the fatalities.

Okay here's one unpopular opinion:
I actually prefer Godzilla (2014) over Godzilla: King of The Monsters even though I enjoy both films. My main reason is that the scale of the monsters compared to KOTM made Godzilla or the MUTO look so powerful compared to humanity that we're nothing more then insects to these titans. I also actually like Godzilla's small screen time as well, it made every scene with the guy more amazing and it fits the tone of Godzilla being an unknown ancient predator

Other unpopular opinions I have(not sure if any of these are actually unpopular):
  1. Jack Bros and Demi Kids P3 is one of the best games of the megaten franchise, being better than most of the megami tensei and mainline games.
  2. Undertale's Genocide route is poorly designed and monotonous.
  3. 8-bit artstyles are kinda getting overused now(not sure if thats really unpopular.)
  4. Re:Zero is really bad
  5. Most RPGs are kinda boring and only held up by story.
  6. Nier Automata is really boring

Last edited:
Bump.
More Unpopular Opinions
Call of Duty is better than Halo
People give criticism to Destiny franchise but I think it is fine.
What is the problem with Loot Boxes?
Epic Games are fine
-Before the 2012 takeover by Tencent, Epic Games has created several great franchise such as Gears of War, Unreal, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Infinity Blade. However, these franchises were de-prioritized in favor of Fortnite, and Microsoft acquired the IP rights to the Gears franchise in 2014.
-They developed Unreal Engine, a popular game engine which is renowned for its high graphical capabilities and constant support and updates every year.
-To be fair, most of the issue were caused by their horrible monetization method (ever heard of"games as a service" model) and not the quality of their games, which is actually great.
How is EA a horrible company just because of Loot boxes and cosmetic? their studios made Battlefield, Command and Conquer, Plant vs Zombies, Titanfall, Dead Space, etc.

Bump.
More Unpopular Opinions
Call of Duty is better than Halo
People give criticism to Destiny franchise but I think it is fine.

What is the problem with Loot Boxes?
Epic Games are fine
-Before the 2012 takeover by Tencent, Epic Games has created several great franchise such as Gears of War, Unreal, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Infinity Blade. However, these franchises were de-prioritized in favor of Fortnite, and Microsoft acquired the IP rights to the Gears franchise in 2014.
-They developed Unreal Engine, a popular game engine which is renowned for its high graphical capabilities and constant support and updates every year.
-To be fair, most of the issue were caused by their horrible monetization method (ever heard of"games as a service" model) and not the quality of their games, which is actually great.
How is EA a horrible company just because of Loot boxes and cosmetic? their studios made Battlefield, Command and Conquer, Plant vs Zombies, Titanfall, Dead Space, etc.
Like I said its an axiom nothing you can say or do can change that, now except your fate!

Anyway...

6) Planet Earth is a stupid name if anything it should be called "Ocean". I mean water is the source of life and last time I checked most lifeforms on this planet are mostly made of water and oh yeah this is the blue planet after all.

6B) Speaking of planets, the worlds in our solar system should've been named after the greek gods (considering the Romans essentially stole and re-branded the Olympian pantheon), Planet Cronus instead of Saturn sounds way better.

some of you getting really brave with your objectively wrong opinions, that's crazy

get a diary smh

Yeah the 1954 movie had some pretty memorable characters, especially Dr Serizawa. But I mean more so the franchise as a whole, I think the characters and drama are not as bad as they're claimed to be

Back