• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale heat resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTT-Brand Ovens can reach up to 9000 degrees

Which is almost as hot as the surface of the su

Frisk and Undyne casually no-sold an overload of the same ove brought on by turning it up too high

Meanwhile Undyne fell unconcious due to heat exhaustion by just stepping into the Hotlands

Because of this, we can work out that the Hotlands is many times hotter than the surface of the sun.

Therefore, I propose that we either give all relevant characters(such as Sans and Alphys) a higher Durability or Heat Resistance.

Also, Mettaton should have Forcefield Creation.

bump

though the whole "MTT-Brand Ovens" thing being 9,000 degrees thing is definitely true seeing as Mettaton himself made them and it's perfectly possible Undertale's sun might be hotter then real life's sun.

The surface of the sun is 5500 d celsius, not 9000

Someone asked me to calculate the durability required to survive this temp in another wiki, guess this is the reason why.

The second link is you searching for the temperature of the Sun on Google, I asked for in-game proof that the number is in Fahrenheit.

99.99999% of the world uses Celsius.

@Kepekley Even if most of the world uses Celsius, Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale, is American, and the USA uses Fahrenheit. I feel it would be most likely that Fahrenheit is his intention.

DerpCity said:
@Kepekley Even if most of the world uses Celsius, Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale, is American, and the USA uses Fahrenheit. I feel it would be most likely that Fahrenheit is his intention.
I thought about that too.

^ Well the game was made in the US, which uses the English system, and thus Farenheit.

Multi-city block level Frisk normal durability confirmed.

Oh well, I want to ask why the AP of Frisk is 10-C? Even at LV 1 you can hurt and kill monsters.

Since Azathoth accepts the suggested changes, you can perform them if you wish.

Kepekley23 says that is only building level, not MCB.

Aren't they already far beyond the actual energy involved in terms of durability? Heat resistance is due to that fiction recurrently makes a distinction between this and withstanding blunt impacts.

It means that DontTalk once calculated the required energy resistance for a regular-sized human to withstand the heat from the core of our Sun, and arrived at Multi-City Block level from what I recall.

The problem is; the heat of the core of the sun is 16 million Kelvins. That is the heat required to be Multi-City Block level.

The heat of the surface of the Sun is only 5500 Celsius (or 9000+ F), and DontTalk calculated the energy required to survive such a temperature at Building level, not Multi-City Block level.

Kepekley23 said:
This is only Building-level, so no upgrades, only heat resistance.
I don't understand, a wall level character can resist a heat that can hurt a building level being?

Yes, if some character only has wall level durability listed, it warrants an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back