• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Quick" Possible? Sans minor resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nowhere pedantic, let alone it is not even the premise from the OP itself. It is an additional purpose from Strym which is extra derailment.
Also, I still stick to supernatural willpower, there is “no heat” as ability.

Dread's just being pedantic. Just change "Resistance to Heat Manipulation" to "Resistance to Harsh Temperatures" or just "Resistance to Heat" and you're good to go.
Issue it's that a good load of Undertale profiles have this:
And this for the characters who can resist both the heats of Snowdin and Hotland (I don't bother to check the rest, but Sans and Papyrus should get both the resistances). For verse consistency, Sans and Papyrus should get both in that wording as well.

Temperature Manipulation is used as a placeholder for the extreme temperature resistance that's common- but doesn't have a page, hence, heat resistance.

I would additionally add resistance to toxic manipulation due to the fact that when it comes to the extreme heat, the environment around lava is also extremely hazardous due to toxic gases and the lack of breathable air.

Also for “heat resistance”, I would rather give it supernatural for the reasons above:
Supernatural Willpower is the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond real human standards.
Characters that have a willpower on this level can go vastly beyond what should logically be possible for them, with more extreme cases being able to oppose natural phenomena such as death.
In order to survive in this perilous environment, you would require a surpassing of ordinary constraints.

Sans also sleeps in Hotland during the Undyne fight and Papyrus always talks about how he always falls asleep in his Snowdin Stations, so yeah

Temperature Manipulation is used as a placeholder for the extreme temperature resistance that's common- but doesn't have a page, hence, heat resistance.
Seems to solve the issue, we need a page for the temperature scale since I don't see any.

I will go with toxic and heat resistance, then.

I would additionally add resistance to toxic manipulation due to the fact that when it comes to the extreme heat, the environment around lava is also extremely hazardous due to toxic gases and the lack of breathable air.

Also for “heat resistance”, I would rather give it supernatural for the reasons above:

In order to survive in this perilous environment, you would require a surpassing of ordinary constraints.
Or, we go the much, M U C H more simple route and just give them heat resistance. They aren't bothered by the heat because they're willpowering through it(IE, Solid snake in MGS4 tanking Microwaves for several minutes) they aren't bothered cause it's just how they live

And by your logic, it wouldn't be toxic Manipulation resistance either, they'd be using their willpower, despite 0 statements or implications of such.

Or, we go the much, M U C H more simple route and just give them heat resistance. They aren't bothered by the heat because they're willpowering through it(IE, Solid snake in MGS4 tanking Microwaves for several minutes) they aren't bothered cause it's just how they live
Alright, I will admit, I assume I misunderstood it. I will go with heat and toxic resistance
And by your logic, it wouldn't be toxic Manipulation resistance either, they'd be using their willpower, despite 0 statements or implications of such.
Alright.

Seems to solve the issue, we need a page for the temperature scale since I don't see any.

I will go with toxic and heat resistance, then.
I don't think many would agree with that

I'd just change the Temperature Manipulation page to have a note or a resistance thing that basically says "Yeah not being bothered by extreme temperatures just links here cause we're not making a page just for tanking heat/cold"

Obviously in much more professional terms.

My reasoning for toxic resistance (if anyone is interested)

When it comes to extreme heat, the environment around lava is also extremely hazardous due to toxic gases and the lack of breathable air. Lava emits gases such as carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and hydrogen sulfide, which can be harmful or deadly if inhaled in high concentrations. The lack of oxygen and the presence of toxic gases would make it impossible for a person to survive for any significant amount of time. So unless, the context or the series explained or shows the setting differently, this should be the default assumption to such environments.

And I will concede that supernatural willpower is unreasonable, since (I overlooked) nothing happened through sheer willpower.

I agree with toxic and heat resistance (my clear stance in the thread).

But once again, @Adem_Warlock69 and @StrymULTRA why are we discussing this? This is not included in the premise.

I don't think many would agree with that

I'd just change the Temperature Manipulation page to have a note or a resistance thing that basically says "Yeah not being bothered by extreme temperatures just links here cause we're not making a page just for tanking heat/cold"

Obviously in much more professional terms.
Alright thanks for the idea, I will try to create sandbox and add the note. I appreciate the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back