• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evil At Earth's Core: Dark Gaia [Vol. 2, Pt. 2 - Sonic Revision Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all. With Perfect Dark Gaia being upgraded from jobber status because of CloverDragon's magic, I'd figure now was a good time to drop this.

You know what time it is, so let's get to it!

The Update
Here's Dark Gaia's current profile.

Here's the revised version of it that I did.

As always, ladies and gents and staff alike, the sandbox is at the mercy of your scrutiny and discussion. Some abilities still need scans and I'll be adding them tomorrow when I'm less tired.

Discuss!

Tally
Staff Agree: 2 (CloverDragon03, Maverick Zero X)

Staff Neutral:

Staff Disagree:

Last edited:
My only concerns lie in Dark Gaia's speed section. For one, the first key has zero justification. And in addition, I'm not sure where the "Superhuman movement speed" part comes from

W.I.P.

That's from the profile already, did you happen to remove that after your revision?
I didn't, because I didn't know where it came from. Honestly, I think it's wholly redundant. Just go with straight up Massively FTL+ or "At most Immeasurable" and be done with it

So like I’m just spitballing here but.

Tails didn’t actually see Perfect Dark Gaia or its fight with Super Sonic. Can it really be used to scale DG to the End when all Tails saw was some not even planet busting lasers?

I was busy with other stuff.

I’m not sure I wanna make a whole thread about it and this is Dark Gaia related so, just thought I’d voice some preemptive thoughts.

Well, two things in regards to that:
  1. This comparison being made indicates that Tails has some form of knowledge about Perfect Dark Gaia's power
  2. This also falls under the idea of authorial intent, where evidently the fact that the comparison is made indicates that the writer's intention is that Perfect Dark Gaia is on par with The End's casual lasers. Some contentions that arose in the thread are also why it's "at most" rather than a full-on Low 1-C rating

Tails makes no reference to the perfect form, he just says “Dark Gaia”. Which keep in mind, even DG’s weaker forms demonstrate power that is about in line with these lasers.

Tails also didn’t know The End would go on to fight Super Sonic at this point, he arguably didn’t even see Knight yet. He has no idea that TE is Super Sonic level, he just knows it is a planet razer.

Tails makes no reference to the perfect form, he just says “Dark Gaia”. Which keep in mind, even DG’s weaker forms demonstrate power that is about in line with these lasers.
It's because he doesn't say which form that we default to Dark Gaia's strongest form
Tails also didn’t know The End would go on to fight Super Sonic at this point, he arguably didn’t even see Knight yet. He has no idea that DG or TE are Super Sonic level, he just knows they are planet razers.
"Planet razers" All he saw from The End was that it wiped out an island and he made that deduction. He's clearly referring to power, not destructive capacity. And Tails seems to be good at these deductions given he also compared the Ancients' tech to the Eclipse Cannon

It's because he doesn't say which form that we default to Dark Gaia's strongest form

"Planet razers" All he saw from The End was that it wiped out an island and he made that deduction. He's clearly referring to power, not destructive capacity. And Tails seems to be good at these deductions given he also compared the Ancients' tech to the Eclipse Cannon

Again, Tails didn’t see PDG at all. At best, he has a secondhand account from Sonic. And we will never know if Sonic said “yeah I had to fight at my maximum power to win”

How can Tails immediately tell The End is multi+ or 5-D from those lasers? There is nothing about them that indicates they are that strong besides overpowering the Ancients lasers (who were compared to the Star piercing at best Eclipse Cannon).

BEFORE I CONTINUE everything else looks good in terms of abilities and stamina and such.

Again, Tails didn’t see PDG at all. At best, he has a secondhand account from Sonic. And we will never know if Sonic said “yeah I had to fight at my maximum power to win”

How can Tails immediately tell The End is multi+ or 5-D from those lasers? There is nothing about them that indicates they are that strong besides overpowering the Ancients lasers (who were compared to the Star piercing at best Eclipse Cannon).
This argumentation kinda ends up defeating itself. By acknowledging Tails's comparison of the Ancients' tech to the Eclipse Cannon, you acknowledge that Tails has a good grasp on the power of certain things. Thus, his comparison to Dark Gaia is valid (and we default to Perfect Dark Gaia because we default to his strongest form in the case of ambiguity)

guys, this thread is not even about his Low 1-C rating......why discuss something that the thread is not even suggesting to begin with?

go discuss in your walls or something

Tails: “Moreover, its capacity is ludicrous. It could level a mountain. It's almost up there with the Eclipse Cannon!”

I fail to see how this is Tails being able to immediately discern exact power levels at a glance when the feats of the Eclipse Cannon are obvious.

Realistically, you're not even allowed to try and remove something so soon after it's accepted anyway, so I don't know why this is being argued

Tails: “Moreover, its capacity is ludicrous. It could level a mountain. It's almost up there with the Eclipse Cannon!”

I fail to see how this is Tails being able to immediately discern power levels at a glance when the feats of the Eclipse Cannon are obvious.
"It's almost up there with the Eclipse Cannon!"

That's how. And you fail to address the point of authorial intent, that being how the narrative intention is for Dark Gaia to be at that level, or for the Ancients' laser tech to be nearly Eclipse Cannon level.

And then Tails is able to gauge that Knight would be a tough fight even for Super Sonic, which is proven right. Clearly he knows what he's talking about, and there's nothing contradictory here. Your argument doesn't add up, and if this back and forth is to continue, I'd rather just stop so as to not clog up Shake's thread

I guess you’re right, kinda derped on the Knight scene. Nvm ig Tails can gauge power levels from looking.
I mean admittedly, I didn't remember it until I checked Knight's profile since that dialogue is on there. So fair is fair

Tails needs Information Analysis

Jokes aside, I think Dark Gaia scaling to Multi-Stellar LS is fine because many of the Dark Gaia creatures can physically wrangle with him during those QTEs iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back