• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tweeking a niche Power Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really like Elemental Locomotion either. What would we call it if they walked on oil? Is oil an element?

I'm personally fine with leaving the name as Water Walking and clarifying that it covers other similar difficult-to-traverse materials as well. A general term escapes me for now.

Free Movement sounds fine, I actually have some characters I wanna make who would have it (even just current Water Waking, too)

Free Movement sounds fine, I actually have some characters I wanna make who would have it (even just current Water Waking, too)
Free Movement could sound fine but I've heard the term apply to something else (moving freely through difficult terrain such as thorn bushes, as opposed to legitimately walking on water).

Actually, perhaps just Free Movement with types. One for walking on otherwise untraversable materials, another for just moving through extremely difficult terrain, and so on. The name could be fine, I feel.

I'm not opposed to moving through really difficult terrain unhindered, feel like that'd help a lot of characters from stuff like strategy games

I suggested something like this and it got rejected, but I think it was because the examples I provided sucked. But I recall reading something about mythical elementals from the legendary Paracelsus. There were elementals called gnomes that could move through their earth element like rocks and soil as if it were air.

Actually, perhaps just Free Movement with types. One for walking on otherwise untraversable materials, another for just moving through extremely difficult terrain, and so on. The name could be fine, I feel.
Okay. Somebody would need to write a draft for the new page though.

This'll probably suck since I've never done this before, but let'sa go wahoo yippee

Free Movement

Free Movement refers to the ability to traverse otherwise difficult or impossible terrain with less restrictions, such as walking on water, moving through mountains, or remaining unhindered by snow or sand

Type 1: Difficult Terrain, which refers to characters who can walk through terrain that would, theoretically, be possible to traverse normally, but with far less difficulty or danger, such as mountains, swamps, or jungles

Notable Users:

Type 2: Impossible Terrain, which refers to characters who can walk through otherwise impossible terrain, such as water or lava

Notable Users:

Last edited:
Air should be removed as an example
That's just flight
Otherwise seems fine

This'll probably suck since I've never done this before, but let'sa go wahoo yippee

Free Movement

Free Movement refers to the ability to traverse otherwise difficult or impossible terrain with less restrictions, such as walking on water, moving through mountains, or remaining unhindered by snow or sand

Type 1: Difficult Terrain, which refers to characters who can walk through terrain that would, theoretically, be possible to traverse normally, but with far less difficulty or danger, such as mountains, swamps, or jungles

Notable Users:

Type 2: Impossible Terrain, which refers to characters who can walk through otherwise impossible terrain, such as water or lava

Notable Users:
Isn’t type 1 basically the same as acrobatics all-terrain mobility, would it be redundant?

idk, but I do know some characters are capable of Type 1 without necessarily being acrobatic

I have literal tanks with difficult terrain mobility, don't think those are acrobatic lmao

Yeah that should be moved to this power if we're making it.

I think that water walking should probably be a separate section of the new page, given how common it seems to be, but I am not certain.

So does anybody have further input here based on what we said earlier?

I believe that Water Walking specifically can just be specified in justifications on pages, it doesn't necessarily need it's own full section imo.

Okay. How do the rest of you think that we should handle the structure of the page?

Thank you for the evaluation. I think that would probably be fine.

What do the rest of you think?

Thank you for the evaluation. I think that would probably be fine.

What do the rest of you think?
Aye, Anton's idea is fine. I've no problem with the page being less regimented.

Okay. Would somebody be willing to write a wiki sandbox draft based on Antoniofer's idea then?

Bump

For a draft maybe something like this:

Free Movement
Free Movement is the ability to travel through impossible or through diffcult terrain such as water or snow unhindered.

Possible Uses:
Walk on water
Run through deep snow without being slowed by it
Swim through mud without any trouble

Yes, but somebody needs to write a competently crafted sandbox draft first.

Sort of. I made some grammar fixes.

Also, sandbox pages should not contain regular categories, and I am not sure if the examples that you choose are the most appropriate. Input and suggestions from other members here would be appreciated.

Also, sandbox pages should not contain regular categories, and I am not sure if the examples that you choose are the most appropriate. Input and suggestions from other members here would be appreciated.
I just copypasted the examples from water walking so

Yeah, this seems good. Although surface scaling and water walking are definitely much more easily digestible names. But I've been thinking we needed something for the extreme feats of mobility and traversing through impossible terrain for a while as surface scaling and water walking wouldn't really be applicable to walking on lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back