• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tweeking a niche Power Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reply.

Do you or others have any suggestions for characters to use as examples in the bottom section of the page?

Seems good to me

I suppose if I had to suggest anyone, it would be Various Characters from Fire Emblem, most notably Takumi and most Magic users, at the moment

Hm, not quite sure if I would consider walking through water via sheer speed as Free Movement. Other thing, I would recommend to organize the example user by alphabetical order (verse's name).

Other than that seems fine for me.

hmmm, i think Free Movement is a very vague term, it should be like Irregular Movement or Anomal Movement

About Summary it should have more, for example:
This could be accomplished via sheer speed, by releasing energy that keeps the liquids or gas under their feet stable, by special power like manipulating the terrain itself to make going through it easier, or by specific equipments

About User i suggest Shipgirls from Azur Lane (Verse)

Walking in the air like Sanji and Hsien-Ko doesn't qualify if I remember correclty, right? If yes, it should be specified, linking to flight instead.
The same applies to Surface Scaling.

Also, the summary should include that some characters can just walk on these things for sheer supernatural reasons, as of now it seems every user employs some subterfuge.

About other examples, right now I remember that Dark Souls protagonists and several incarnations of Link are able to walk on lava without suffering, as long as they wear certain items.

Walk through air is just Flight with a different aesthetic, yes; and Surface Scaling neither is Free Movement, however, if someone can climb through a slippy wall without having its speed hindered (or not as hindered) it may also qualify as Free Movement.

I'm vaguely shocked Tllm didn't use D&D creatures.

Either way, the page looks fine enough for our purposes.

I'm vaguely shocked Tllm didn't use D&D creatures.

Either way, the page looks fine enough for our purposes.
So should we replace the contents of the "Water Walking" page with Tllmbrg's draft, and then rename the page to "Free Movement", with a redirect link included, then?

oh, is this hinging on me lol?

Yeah that's fine. I still think Water Walking as its own page is fine but if it bothers people, this is a good enough solution. A harmless one, at least.

What
The whole thing is just expending the current water walking page to encompass more stuff, why would it then be a a page by itself

Or am I misunderstanding y'all?

Yeah, we were suppossed to turn Water Walking into Free Movement, albeit keeping the water walking application.

I'm aware of what the CRT is for, and I'm not trying to undo it or anything. I just think it's less good than what came before. Not to any insane degree, but "Water Walking" is succinct and easy to grasp. Free Movement is not and functionally offers little more. Doesn't really matter.

Yeah. I'm not sure why the suggested powers for Free Movement can't be their own pages to be honest.

I personally also prefer if we keep the water walking page, and maybe create a new page from Tllmbrg's draft that encompasses a much more advanced and general ability.

What
DO we really want power pages which are just inferior/limited versions of other?

It's already bad what we have with Mind Manipulation and Transmutation but I'd rather not make the problem worse

I am not sure if it is necessary or not. It is a quite uncommon ability.

oh and Alternate Future Display, Transduality, Lower Dimensional Existence and so are are so common right?

The power itself was already accepted, is just that last hour comments opposed merging Water Walking to Free Movement, but don't recall people opposing the power itself. Personally I would merge both powers and ultimately leave as Free Movement, they both share the same principles; otherwise expect people to ask what power is moving through lava or moving through not so deep water with little resistance but still with more difficulty.

Okay. We probably need to list Water Walking as a listed sub-type of this power within the new page in that case though, preferably with a few other options as well.

Yah I prefer that
I imagine subtypes worth mentioning is like walking on clouds, lava and not having any problems with deep snow (Snow walking)

I edited the draft to add a Possible Uses section
I wasn't sure how to add a subtype section so I went with this, you may change it if you want

oh and Alternate Future Display, Transduality, Lower Dimensional Existence and so are are so common right?
While we have pages for Alternate Future Display and Transduality I'm pretty sure that we don't have a page for Lower Dimensional Existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back