• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few Super Mario Bros. Wonder additions (Power-Ups, Ghost forms, resurrection, and Badges)

koopa3144

He/Him

Power-Ups

So Power-Ups are pretty simple
Agree: @Armorchompy @ZespeonGalaxy @y3p_owo @Accelerated_Evolution @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:

Ghost forms and resurrection

So In Super Mario Bros. Wonder when a playable character dies they become a ghost, as ghosts they can pass through objects and can't be hit by enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, Dry Bones, and even Bowser who all have NPI. Playable characters can revive ghosts by touching them or via standees. This should give all playable characters layered NPI that says something like this:
Non-Physical Interaction (2 Layers; Can harm Boos, can interact with characters Ghost forms which are intangible to even those with Non-Physical Interaction)
And the resurrection can be something like
Resurrection (Can revive fallen allies by touching their Ghost forms or having them interact with their standee)

And for the ghost form
Transformation (Can become a ghost upon death or on will [I don't have a scan for this rn but holding L and R lets the character become a ghost])
Intangibility (2 Layers; as a ghost [character name] can pass through objects. They can't be harmed by enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, Boos, and even Bowser all of which can interact with intangible beings)

It should also be noted in weaknesses that the ghost form only lasts a few seconds and the countdown shortens after every revive.

Agree: @Armorchompy @ZespeonGalaxy @y3p_owo @Accelerated_Evolution (Thinks Resurrection should be game mechanics) @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:

Badges

Badges are also pretty simple
Everything I didn't include idk what it would be

Agree: @Armorchompy @ZespeonGalaxy @y3p_owo @Accelerated_Evolution @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:
Neutral:

Professor Connect

So this one might be controversial cause it might be game mechanics but I want to put it out there to see what others think. I'm proposing that Professor Connect should grant this:

Extrasensory Perception (Allows others to see and communicate with "Shadows" which can revive them from their ghost form and share items with them)

Agree: @Armorchompy
Disagree: @ZespeonGalaxy @Accelerated_Evolution
Neutral: @y3p_owo @DarkDragonMedeus

And that's all folks! I would have included Wonder Flower stuff but I'm too lazy to go through allat.

Last edited:
Unsure on the bubble transmutation, since enemies are replaced with coins once defeated, even without the use of bubbles

Power-Ups

Elephant Fruit also grants some kind of Water Manipulation, Body Control &/or Dimensional Storage due to the storing water in the trunks. (Which, if it's anything like real elephants, it may also be a Stamina feat, because an elephant's trunk has its nostrils; You try running around breathing out of only your mouth.)
The inclusion of the Bubble Flower unnerves me, as I fear its complexity & lacking consensus on what it is could bog down this thread, delaying implementation of other stuff here.
Isn't burrowing also an ability?

So In Super Mario Bros. Wonder when a playable character dies they become a ghost, as ghosts they can pass through objects and can't be hit by enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, Dry Bones, and even Bowser who all have NPI. Playable characters can revive ghosts by touching them or via standees. This should give all playable characters layered NPI that says something like this:
Non-Physical Interaction (2 Layers; Can harm Boos, can interact with characters Ghost forms which are intangible to even those with Non-Physical Interaction)
Resurrection (Can revive fallen allies by touching their Ghost forms or having them interact with their standee)

And for the ghost form
Transformation (Can become a ghost upon death or on will [I don't have a scan for this rn but holding L and R lets the character become a ghost])
Intangibility (2 Layers; as a ghost [character name] can pass through objects. They can't be harmed by enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, Boos, and even Bowser all of which can interact with intangible beings)

It should also be noted in weaknesses that the ghost form only lasts a few seconds and the countdown shortens after every revive.
IIRC, another caveat of Standees is that one's own Standee cannot revive whoever placed it.
I think you've missed some badges, like whatever the Safety Bounce Badge is, & also the somewhat Limited Power Modification of the "Always X" Badges, IIRC, as these will ensure any power-up always has the effect of the corresponding badge.

Since its kind of stretching I'll get rid of the sealing.
Elephant Fruit also grants some kind of Water Manipulation, Body Control &/or Dimensional Storage due to the storing water in the trunks. (Which, if it's anything like real elephants, it may also be a Stamina feat, because an elephant's trunk has its nostrils; You try running around breathing out of only your mouth.)
Minor water Manipulation might work but I'm unsure of the Body Control &/or Dimensional Storage. Also I don't think them holding water in their trunks is that impressive cause they can already hold their breath underwater for extended periods of time.
Isn't burrowing also an ability?
That falls under Underground Mobility which I forgot to include, i'll just add it rq.
I think you've missed some badges, like whatever the Safety Bounce Badge is, & also the somewhat Limited Power Modification of the "Always X" Badges, IIRC, as these will ensure any power-up always has the effect of the corresponding badge.
I didn't include them cause idk what they would give.

Wall Jump Climb is Limited Surface Scaling, Sealing im fine with, should just be limited maybe?
So this one might be controversial cause it might be game mechanics but I want to put it out there to see what others think. I'm proposing that Professor Connect should grant this:

Extrasensory Perception (Allows others to see and communicate with "Shadows" which can revive them from their ghost form and share items with them)
Idk about this one, I think its just a game mechanic

Everything else should be fine

Also doesn’t this give 1-ups mid godly, by virtue of recreating characters after the destruction of their soul.
Can you elaborate more? Im not sure how I feel, leaning towards disagreeing since theres no lore statement for 1ups as far as I know, though I would wanna hear more.

1-ups are items that are generally brought up in the story alongside the concept of game overs, and they can be bought in shops. Might be more I’m missing

Yeah I was originally gonna include a section of the crt talking about 1-ups being able to revive characters after their ghost form vanishes but I’ll probably save that for a bigger crt around 1-ups.

Power-Ups

Agree: @Armorchompy @ZespeonGalaxy @y3p_owo
Disagree:
Neutral:
I agree

And for the ghost form

Disagree:
Neutral:
I agree, but the Resurrection part looks like a game mechanic

Badges

Badges are also pretty simple
Everything I didn't include idk what it would be

Disagree:
Neutral:
I agree

Professor Connect

Agree: @Armorchompy
Disagree: @ZespeonGalaxy
Neutral: @y3p_owo

And that's all folks! I would have included Wonder Flower stuff but I'm too lazy to go through allat.
I disagree

Everything except the Professor Connect stuff has been approved by two staff members, so I'm gonna start work on adding the approved stuff to profiles when I get the time.

Edit: Also I'm probably just going to apply these revisions to Mario and Luigi cause all the other profiles of the playable characters are pretty so-so in quality and need revisions of their own.

Last edited:
So I've applied the ghost and badge stuff but I forgor to add the power-ups so I gotta come go back and add them.

I agree with everything here. Also, I think Mario should get Type 7 Immortality via the Boo Mushroom seeing how the Boos are already dead.

I agree with everything here. Also, I think Mario should get Type 7 Immortality via the Boo Mushroom seeing how the Boos are already dead.
Fair through this CRT is basically concluded so it's best to save that for a different one.

Everything except Power-Ups iirc cause I forgot to add them to profiles.
I added the rest.

Actually, no he can’t. When you get to the final part where you hit Bowser’s top button, normally he’s supposed to fire shots at you, but if you’re invisible then he doesn’t and just sort of vibes there.

Back