• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Translation Request Thread

Well if there are spanish translation you could do that then, and you said you are ok regardless of how long it is, i think as a general rule we should limit how many request users can make and also limit the translation to only one or two paragraphs however if some users are ok with doing more translation or longer ones they can do that, however you would have to ask the user first but i think if you are ok with more transaltion or longer ones you could put that on your wall and users could ask you or maybe we should post in the thread, members who are ok with more/longer translations?

In a seperate thread, we are just trying to determine the rules which we will use for that thread, and also if we should have the thread, everyone seems to be ok with it but i want to know what Ant has to say.

@Victor2 No, this is not the official thread, which has yet to be made. We are discussing how it would work fow now.

Anyway, if some members are ok with longer translations (more than a paraphraph) like KamiYashi, then that's fine. But I think entire chapters and wiki pages should not be allowed. No one deserves that level of stress for no pay and I speak from Tsubaki's experience of professional translating. It's rough, hard, and very tiresome work.

That i agree with Sera, it should be no more than a paragraph or two as a general rule but if other members are fine with longer lengths then that is ok, we can say that such and such members are ok with longer length translations, it should preferable be done on their walls as to not take up too much space.

how will i know about it?

i`m not online as often as i used to be, so a little shoutout will be nice if thread is made for it

Well hopefully if this gets implemented, we can put it under wiki management, as i feel it is important enough to be there, but if that doesn't happen, i can send you a link to it.

I think that this is a very good idea. Big thanks to everybody who have offered to help out.

However, before I create one, I wonder if the regulations suggested in the first post are appropriate, or if we should modify them first?

I think they are fine, it is voluntary so people shouldn't complain about not getting what they want translated, and i don't think we should allow anything more than a paragraph or two to be translated, as translating is hard, now if there are members who want to translate entire chapters or whatever they like, they should do that on their wall as to not clutter the thread i think. Japanese is going to be the most requested translations and sera, ven and tsubaki, if she decides to do it, don't want to do anything more than a paragraph, however i think we could be more lax with the other languages, as are they are not going to be that prominent.

Okay. I will create an official thread then, and link to it in the navigation bar. Are the rest of the staff fine with this?

There's probably more than a few people here who can speak Spanish, but if for some odd reason there's a shortage then I can help there.

Back