• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1093 : Luffy vs Kizaru (Official Translation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pppyns.png

Damn, my boy Kizaru's really showing his stuff. Even if he doesn't have exactly the same AP as Gear 5 Luffy, he can still harm him with his light swords. Honestly, all of Kizaru's matches are probably going to have to be redone with his new techniques and feats.

I also like how this chapter kinda cements Zoro as slightly inferior to G5 Luffy. Zoro and Lucci can hold their own against one another and exhaust the other. While Lucci was somewhat able to fight G5 Luffy, it didn't take very long for Luffy to turn the tide in his favor. Just like Zoro was able to do some moderate damage to Kaido, but not enough to actually fight one-on-one against him. So looks like Zoro still isn't at Emperor level, and maybe still not ready to face Mihawk.

Last edited:
So does anybody else get the impression that Luffy might have been temporarily blinded by Kizaru in this chapter?

If Saturn takes control of the Pacifistas and Luffy is unable to help efficiently, the Straw Hats and their friends are all in serious trouble.

Oh brother, this was the same Kaido who got overwhelmed by Snakeman... maybe FTL Gear 5 ~ Kaido < Snakeman < LS is what you're basically saying.
I might be tripping, but didn't Luffy only use Snakeman against base Kaido?
I'll admit that Snook didn't really write a detailed debunk about Luffy not getting blitzed by anything but maybe the FTL kick, so I'll admit being the ass here
It's not only for this specific post. The second someone voices their disagreement about everyone and their mother being FTL (+), y'all label them as haters, downplayers, denying OP as a whole > LS, etc. It's become comical at this point, but whatever it's a consequence of being the number one manga series, some people are disrespectful and can't take any criticism.

As for your "debunks," I'm not interested in having a huge debate about what is LS and what isn't, I only wanted to comment on this thread because you guys were being dishonest about my stance and calling me this and that. But since you put in the effort to find these quotes, I'll say my piece and then head out so we don't derail this thread any further + it's exhausting dealing with around 5 people who constantly want to make me look bad because I challenged their speed meta:
Post in thread 'One Piece Chapter 1092: "The Tyrant Kuma's Rampage Through The Holy Land" (Fan Translation)' https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-p...holy-land-fan-translation.158350/post-6033792
Again this might just be me being blind, but I don't see Luffy intercepting or dodging any of those light beams. I can see his arms flying towards and making contact with Kizaru, but I don't see him aiming at those beams; they're just trading blows. It makes sense too: Snakeman/G4 is basically a full coat of armor, so it's not like he'd need to put in effort to intercept some weak light beams, whereas Kizaru boasted about his excellent defense.
Post in thread 'One Piece Chapter 1092: "The Tyrant Kuma's Rampage Through The Holy Land" (Fan Translation)' https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-p...holy-land-fan-translation.158350/post-6033047
Vegapunk stated that he can't recreate logias + one of the main translations for Drake's statement about the Pacifista lasers was that only Kizaru's attack power was replicated, not necessarily all of the ability's aspects including its speed.

It also doesn't make sense for Kizaru to have dodged Luffy's point blank attack by traveling at LS if base Luffy was FTL, let alone Snakeman who's much faster + can continuously speed up his attacks. He was also staring at Kizaru's previous position even though he had traversed literal KMs at that point. A common argument to debunk this is to say that Kizaru traveled at FTL (+), however, we're explicitely shown and told in the next page that Kizaru can only travel at FTL (+) speeds when he's accelerating. Oda went out of his way to change Kizaru's statement from "speed is power" to acceleration is power," and then he also went out of his way to draw Kizaru's travel speed differently by showing a visible increase in speed. Oda made it very obvious that there is a clear distinction between his accelerated kick (FTL) and his previous showcases (LS).

It also wouldn't make sense for everybody and their mother to dodge the Pacifistas' so called LS attacks with ease but then struggle to perceive Kizaru's LS form and attacks.

As for the Raid Suits being LS, I find it very strange to argue that Sanji's siblings would fare better than against Kizaru post-Wano Snakeman. Same goes for Niji naming his attack "Light-speed blade," arguing that he was literal in its naming holds as much water as arguing that Oda's SBS statement about needing to dodge Enel's lightning at LS was also literal.

And if you wanna bring up Foxy...his devil fruit works differently than natural light + the dude straight up said that the photons he uses haven't been studied by the scientific community yet. It also wouldn't make sense for pre-timeskip Luffy to have that level of reaction speed, then improve his stats by lightyears, gain two more gears (both of which are tremendous increases to his speed), and still have this much (or any tbh) trouble against Kizaru's LS attacks, let alone his FTL (+) kick.

Post in thread 'One Piece Chapter 1092: "The Tyrant Kuma's Rampage Through The Holy Land" (Fan Translation)' https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-p...holy-land-fan-translation.158350/post-6033095
I do not remember this ever happening.

As for @MonkeyOfLife:

If I said luffy gear 5 is FTL and kizaru blitzed (Actually blitz) him in light form, I would instantly say that what I said, is now wrong... What your doing is completely denying you were attacking FTL when it's insanely clear that you were
You need to stop being so heavily biased towards OP to the point where anyone who challenges (or in your words, "attacks" lmao) the current speed meta on this site is a hater, downplayer, enemy, etc. You cherrypicked my posts and said I was "attacking" FTL OP as a whole and that whatever I said after post #242 is irrelevant. I proceeded to show you a post before that in which I agreed with someone who believes in FTL OP but not everyone and their mothers being FTL, but ofc being the biased person you are, you completely ignored that section of the post and cherrypicked this out of context:
Smh...behavior like this is what makes many people think us OP fans are bad. The second someone doesn't preach GOda and FTL+ scaling for everyone, y'all riot.

Smh...behavior like this is what makes many people think us OP fans are bad. The second someone doesn't preach GOda and FTL+ scaling for everyone, y'all riot.
Always... The number 1 thing to say when they have been pointed out in being wrong and can't take accountability
You need to stop being so heavily biased towards OP to the point where anyone who challenges (or in your words, "attacks" lmao) the current speed meta on this site is a hater, downplayer, enemy, etc. You cherrypicked my posts and said I was "attacking" FTL OP as a whole and that whatever I said after post #242 is irrelevant. I proceeded to show you a post before that in which I agreed with someone who believes in FTL OP but not everyone and their mothers being FTL, but ofc being the biased person you are, you completely ignored that section of the post and cherrypicked this out of context:
Don't care... Nothing I said in this thread has been heavily biased... You completely ignored everything else you have said and the only thing that you think makes up for that is because you said this
Like bro what?

As someone who doesn't randomly go in a thread to then argue and say bs stuff on a verse, I'm not someone who would purposely cherry pick, ignore or be dishonest... There's no reason to waste my time doing that, I literally promise you... I do not give an f about the op ratings/stats on this site (me not putting myself as a supporter of the verse and me having never ever done a crt to change stats (besides adding abilities awhile ago) should be proof of that)

RTS Base Luffy with Intermediate Kenbun: "Light is slow, get that shit outta here"

Luffy every arc after: Gets stronger and improves his Haki

Post-WCI Future Sight Boundman Luffy: Gets instantly blitzed by Kaidou from several meters away.

Scabbards: Land hits on, and avoid hits from, Kaidou despite not having Future Sight.

Person online: "All this FTL scaling is ridiculous, they're just making anyone FTL for no reason."

And if you wanna bring up Foxy...his devil fruit works differently than natural light + the dude straight up said that the photons he uses haven't been studied by the scientific community yet.
You seem to just be thinking of visible light. Electromagnetic energy is anything made of photons, including gamma rays, x-rays, microwaves, radio waves, infrared, etc, and all forms of it move at the speed of light because photons are massless. They're all forms of light.

In the OP world, Foxy's powers are just another, mostly undocumented form of EM radiation.
Vegapunk stated that he can't recreate logias + one of the main translations for Drake's statement about the Pacifista lasers was that only Kizaru's attack power was replicated, not necessarily all of the ability's aspects including its speed.
Vegapunk said that he hasn't recreated the physical fruits, besides Zoans, through lineage factors, and that he's found a way to grant complete replicas of Paramecia via the green fluid. IIRC, lasers in OP are technological and just based on Kizaru's powers, which is why Franky and Queen can even replicate them, let alone use them without actually gaining additional DF properties.

Even in OP, where physics don't make any sense, that's like saying a 5 watt laser isn't as fast as a 10 watt laser.

Last edited:
Same goes for Niji naming his attack "Light-speed blade," arguing that he was literal in its naming holds as much water as arguing that Oda's SBS statement about needing to dodge Enel's lightning at LS was also literal.
That's not why he has light speed in his profile, it's because he's literally stated to be light speed in his vivrecard

Vegapunk said that he hasn't recreated the physical fruits, besides Zoans, through lineage factors, and that he's found a way to grant complete replicas of Paramecia via the green fluid. IIRC, Lasers in OP are technological and just based on Kizaru's powers, which is why Franky and Queen can even replicate them, let alone use them without actually gaining additional DF properties.
Thank you for debunking this annoying ass argument

That's not why he has light speed in his profile, it's because he's literally stated to be light speed in his vivrecard
We should probably provide a source for that on the page.

A lot of profiles also lack these kinds of scans.

When I do my revision, I might get something organised.

@Eminiteable so what's the conclusion does Zoro use ACoC or not?

Because the black lightning sparks just looks like others CoA.
Katakuri.
0883-012.png

Luffy.
0883-013.png

Jinbe.
1018-014.png

Coby.
1088-013.png

Tbh for me zoro used CoC on lucci coz zoros sowrd have that cloud with lighting even tho its small so yeah.

@Eminiteable so what's the conclusion does Zoro use ACoC or not?

Because the black lightning sparks just looks like others CoA.
In general, yeah he does.

For this chapter, the part where we see the two fighting he isn't as lightning isn't visible. At the end of the exchange when they're talking it looks like he's beginning to activate it on Enma.

The next chapter we see them fighting should answer it.

Last edited:
Goda gonna hit us with that "only those with advance observation haki can see and react to Kizaru" and Damage will post a video of him doing the hardest cat daddy y'all ever seen. Straight pulling out all the 2010's moves.

In general, yeah he does.

For this chapter, the part where we see the two fighting he isn't as lightning isn't visible. At the end of the exchange when they're talking it looks like he's beginning to activate it on Enma.
I find that interesting, when Zoro vs King, Zoro's Sword in KoH mode not always have the Black Lightning Spark but only when he use named attacks.
The next chapter we see them fighting should answer it.
Fair enough.

Goda gonna hit us with that "only those with advance observation haki can see and react to Kizaru" and Damage will post a video of him doing the hardest cat daddy y'all ever seen. Straight pulling out all the 2010's moves.
All that's gonna prove is that Marco is a real high-tier.

This is my last shot.

Zoro fighting Lucci with KoH without CoA/CoC
https://temp.*********.com/manga/One-Piece/1093-008.png

Then Later on Zoro put CoC/CoA
https://temp.*********.com/manga/One-Piece/1093-009.png

Enma is literally th King of Hell, Unleashed Enma= King Of Hell.
Zoro not always use Hao infusion when he on KoH mode.

Enma is literally th King of Hell, Unleashed Enma= King Of Hell.
Zoro not always use Hao infusion when he on KoH mode.
"En-Ō Santōryū (閻王三刀流, literally meaning "King of Hell Three Sword Style") is a variant of his regular Santōryū. After Zoro allowed Enma to draw out as much Haki as it could, his three swords were infused with not only Busoshoku Haki but also Haoshoku Haki, dramatically increasing the strength and range of his techniques"

"En-Ō Santōryū (閻王三刀流, literally meaning "King of Hell Three Sword Style") is a variant of his regular Santōryū. After Zoro allowed Enma to draw out as much Haki as it could, his three swords were infused with not only Busoshoku Haki but also Haoshoku Haki, dramatically increasing the strength and range of his techniques"
Lol... Acting like op wiki is a Databook or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back