• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Sorry, the image has too many pixels so my computer crashes whenever I try to open it. Could you try compressing it more?
Is the image pixelated enough to satisfy your artistic preferences, or should I compress it even further beyond?
oRLHGNI.png

(Yes, I drew this in like 10 minutes to make this stupid joke)

has anyone wondered, in this verse is there or can the characters survive the vacuum of space? (tenshi using his last spell against almost the entire cast of SWR in space is a good example of this)?

has anyone wondered, in this verse is there or can the characters survive the vacuum of space? (tenshi using his last spell against almost the entire cast of SWR in space is a good example of this)?
I am pretty certain that the playable characters in Touhou 15 flew to the moon so they'd be capable of surviving in the vacuum of space. I don't know much about the others so I can't tell.

By the way, drafts are proceeding smoothly, and so far I'm liking how most of the threads are formatted. Once I get a thread to 90%~ completion, I'll make a sandbox to see how it translates to VSBW's format, mainly to see how good spoiler tabs look. Think I'll keep the trend of having art at the top of every thread, maybe even some music to help set the vibe. Can't claim these revisions are as big as I say they are if they don't have the presentation to match, after all.

Research is trucking along at the same pace as usual, just kinda going through a bunch of interviews and blog posts at the moment. ZUN's afterwords in the fairy manga are unironically insane for one specific thing I have planned, and ZUN's old blog seems to have some very interesting statements as well (although I just got started on that, so we'll see). I think I'm on pace to have all three facets of the revision (research, threads, and profiles) almost done, if not completely done by the time Touhoufest rolls around, so ig expect the first thread to hit some time in May or June. Don't hold me to that, though.

By the way, drafts are proceeding smoothly, and so far I'm liking how most of the threads are formatted. Once I get a thread to 90%~ completion, I'll make a sandbox to see how it translates to VSBW's format, mainly to see how good spoiler tabs look. Think I'll keep the trend of having art at the top of every thread, maybe even some music to help set the vibe. Can't claim these revisions are as big as I say they are if they don't have the presentation to match, after all.

Research is trucking along at the same pace as usual, just kinda going through a bunch of interviews and blog posts at the moment. ZUN's afterwords in the fairy manga are unironically insane for one specific thing I have planned, and ZUN's old blog seems to have some very interesting statements as well (although I just got started on that, so we'll see). I think I'm on pace to have all three facets of the revision (research, threads, and profiles) almost done, if not completely done by the time Touhoufest rolls around, so ig expect the first thread to hit some time in May or June. Don't hold me to that, though.
thread of?

Hmm... may I ask, what will the first thread be about? for some reason I sense that it could be the 2-B/2-A upgrade of the verse or maybe a CRT for Marisa

Hmm... may I ask, what will the first thread be about? for some reason I sense that it could be the 2-B/2-A upgrade of the verse or maybe a CRT for Marisa
First CRT will be profile rewrites. After that, a CRT for Reimu and Marisa's abilities. From there, I'll go through each game one by one and cover all the relevant ability additions for those characters, followed by additions for fighting game characters --> manga characters --> PC-98 characters --> everyone else. Then a CRT focused on general ability additions that apply to multiple people at once, followed by a physiology CRT for everyone except gods and youkai... after which, I have no order decided upon aside from a very vague idea.

Tiering revisions are dead last though lol
Hax additions and upgrades always take precedent before the tier stuff, so please wait warmly for five years.
Consider: The hax additions are going to be very funny.

which will be in May or June?
That's what I'm aiming for.
You mean, many characters will have physiology explaination? or CRT
I'll be doing a single CRT covering physiology additions for hermits, phantoms, vengeful spirits, celestials, Lunarians, and so on. Gods and youkai will get their own dedicated threads.

Thinking on it now, though, it may need to be split up into two parts.

Actually!!! The World clearly refers to gensokyo the island!! which is only island sized zzz.......
ermmm... world can be translated as universe so it's actually a universe level feat 🤓☝️
Space Survival is now an ability, so you can replace the Self-Sustenance type 1 on profiles with it, though only if the justification is for characters who survive in space
Do we even have type 1 SS on any profiles? Aside from the Sky-Blue Magatama, but that was specifically for an anoxic zone.

I see some poor poor bastard on another app trying to do Touhou vs Godzilla-verse characters. We know Touhou can easily solo Godzilla verse. Poor man

OKay, okay, i have a really dumb MU idea for Byakuren, but hear me out
Supes could actually be a decent pick. Sure, Byakuren probably stomps (i think she gets the funny Doremy scaling as well)

But like
Theres connections! Some are better then none

For a while I was worried that I was misinterpreting the scene at the end of AoCF where Reimu instantly adapts to Shion's aura and starts drawing infinite power from it, because that felt way too good to be true, but no, it really is just some bullshit ZUN didn't think too hard about.
image.png

For a while I was worried that I was misinterpreting the scene at the end of AoCF where Reimu instantly adapts to Shion's aura and starts drawing infinite power from it, because that felt way too good to be true, but no, it really is just some bullshit ZUN didn't think too hard about.
image.png
what is ZUN meaning? (and yeah, it seemed too good to be true , though , we have the statement of miko saying reimu has an infinite potential)

Where do we get Marisa and Reimu age?
Presumably from the fact that the most recent description of their age suggests they're old enough to legally drink in Japan, as when they invite Sumireko to a party in CoLA, Sumireko responds that she can't drink with them because she isn't old enough. So they're definitely older than Sumireko (who is 16, iirc), and Sumireko has no issues with them drinking despite being against underage drinking.

Presumably from the fact that the most recent description of their age suggests they're old enough to legally drink in Japan, as when they invite Sumireko to a party in CoLA, Sumireko responds that she can't drink with them because she isn't old enough. So they're definitely older than Sumireko (who is 16, iirc), and Sumireko has no issues with them drinking despite being against underage drinking.
umm... in which chapter? I also remember hearing that ZUN didn't like the depiction of minors drinking Sake but well the existence of some japanese globin contradicts that.

Back