• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

I agree with deleting Touhou FRA (it gets swept by Anos anyways so there's no point in keeping it here).
Tf did you smoke? Just look at the weakest 2hou character smh...
:touhou:

The Anus Voldigoad verse KNEELS to Outerversal Cirno (Lowball)

okay jokes aside why did they just copy/paste her profile from vsbw and remove all scans
Does that profile explain anywhere why he thinks Reimu is Outerversal??
CASP is a free system, I can go if I want and put this character to H1-A and there will be no problems, I just make up a random justification, only if you copy any VSB profiles are deleted, so parts of the profile or scans are removed.

Damn, is there not any quality control there? (If there is, I can probably go to their Discord server and ask for the profile to get deleted haha)

3 questions.

1 - Is the game good? It has neutral reviews.
I've played it, it's alright. It's the kind of thing where you can only enjoy if you're really into Touhou.

2 - Has it already been on sale?

3 - Are all the achievements possible to achieve? (no missable or speedrun achievements)
idk lol (i played it before they remade it)

That Touhou Castlevania game has been on my radar for a while. How good is it compared to Luna Nights? Assuming Luna Nights is a 9/10.

Did a bit of formatting stuff on Reimu's sandbox profile, how does everyone feel about this being the standard for equipment sections? Might do the same for NA&T, although I also have something else planned for that.
image.png

Also, feel free to ask me to render shit because that's gonna be one of the more tedious parts of profile creation and I wanna get a head start on it.

It's been a while and I see that the revisions are going nicely.

Anyways, does Kogasa get anything?
Cos right now she's basically impossible to find a battle for in this wiki.

Seems like Touhou characters are in the worst spot possible, right at the middle.

2hu characters are too strong to be matched against people weaker than them yet are also too weak for anyone stronger.

Bruh, examples?
Sure.

Exposure to one's magic power, even centuries after their death, is able to forcefully puppeteer one's body - effectively, all magic users have passive body puppetry as a result. Spell card users can nullify powers via contact, or by using their own spell cards. Youkai have 3 to 4 layers of high-godly regen, as spirit is now conceptual in nature. Youkai also passively absorb spirit around them, with spirit also now containing one's information, life force, and possibly memories. Youkai are also now invulnerable to both physical attacks and magic via existing outside of logic, requiring external forces to impose logic onto their existence in order to be harmed. Many characters have access to urban legends while also embodying them, effectively becoming nondual and beyond the common sense/uncommon sense dichotomy represented by Gensokyo and the Outside World, while also using urban legends to forcefully impose rules and remove logic from the battle field (which the Occult Balls can also do). Magic power now acts as a singularity, drawing in more power from the world around it, with those who possess more magic power absorbing it at an increased rate (regular humans can also absorb a youkai's powers). Every religious character can recite the truth of the universe to create flaming discs or avert death. There exists a layered hierarchy of nonexistence, with fantasy existing at the very top. There may exist a form of namelessness lesser than that of the gods, meaning gods would somehow exist in a state absent of the absence of the absence of duality, so good luck unpacking that. Spell card users can create auras that paralyze people, slow time, absorb spirit, and banish spiritual beings to the afterlife. Pure beings exist in an unchangeable state due to existing outside of history, which is type 5 acausality, and "impure" beings passively weaken the effects of purity in their presence (this also means there's a hierarchy of type 5 acausality). Youkai can warp space-time, create portals, or bind entire dimensions together. Youkai become divine spirits when failing to resurrect, and a god "dying" reverts them back to their previous form, so youkai may be genuinely unkillable barring shit like narrative erasure... which would have to be layered, since Touhou characters regularly ignore alterations to the narrative and can even "overthrow" the author. Magic users can make their hax more layered at will by adding more magic power to it. Using magic also requires fortune, which bends the memory of the world (which is superior to history, another system of causality) to one's will in such a way that it makes probability and fate favor the user, while also nullifying precognition. Everyone has at least 2 kinds of souls, one of which is a higher-dimensional self making up the fundamental forces of existence. Gods can just straight up remove each other's divinity. Magic can be used to bestow curses (semi-passively, and youkai do this passively as well), which renders items unusable save for the owner. This can also turn items into tsukumogami.

This is about 10% of what I have cooking. Maybe less. No, definitely less.

stop spoiling us tf

👌
My brother in christ you literally have access to the doc where i wrote all of this

Ngl I don't mind doing some spoilers at this point, because the actual research process is coming to a close. I know how much I can share without giving everything away; Like I said, the wall of text above is only a small sampling of what's to come. I don't think there'll be anything too major in the stuff I've yet to cover, anyways.

Sure.

Exposure to one's magic power, even centuries after their death, is able to forcefully puppeteer one's body - effectively, all magic users have passive body puppetry as a result. Spell card users can nullify powers via contact, or by using their own spell cards. Youkai have 3 to 4 layers of high-godly regen, as spirit is now conceptual in nature. Youkai also passively absorb spirit around them, with spirit also now containing one's information, life force, and possibly memories. Youkai are also now invulnerable to both physical attacks and magic via existing outside of logic, requiring external forces to impose logic onto their existence in order to be harmed. Many characters have access to urban legends while also embodying them, effectively becoming nondual and beyond the common sense/uncommon sense dichotomy represented by Gensokyo and the Outside World, while also using urban legends to forcefully impose rules and remove logic from the battle field (which the Occult Balls can also do). Magic power now acts as a singularity, drawing in more power from the world around it, with those who possess more magic power absorbing it at an increased rate (regular humans can also absorb a youkai's powers). Every religious character can recite the truth of the universe to create flaming discs or avert death. There exists a layered hierarchy of nonexistence, with fantasy existing at the very top. There may exist a form of namelessness lesser than that of the gods, meaning gods would somehow exist in a state absent of the absence of the absence of duality, so good luck unpacking that. Spell card users can create auras that paralyze people, slow time, absorb spirit, and banish spiritual beings to the afterlife. Pure beings exist in an unchangeable state due to existing outside of history, which is type 5 acausality, and "impure" beings passively weaken the effects of purity in their presence (this also means there's a hierarchy of type 5 acausality). Youkai can warp space-time, create portals, or bind entire dimensions together. Youkai become divine spirits when failing to resurrect, and a god "dying" reverts them back to their previous form, so youkai may be genuinely unkillable barring shit like narrative erasure... which would have to be layered, since Touhou characters regularly ignore alterations to the narrative and can even "overthrow" the author. Magic users can make their hax more layered at will by adding more magic power to it. Using magic also requires fortune, which bends the memory of the world (which is superior to history, another system of causality) to one's will in such a way that it makes probability and fate favor the user, while also nullifying precognition. Everyone has at least 2 kinds of souls, one of which is a higher-dimensional self making up the fundamental forces of existence. Gods can just straight up remove each other's divinity. Magic can be used to bestow curses (semi-passively, and youkai do this passively as well), which renders items unusable save for the owner. This can also turn items into tsukumogami.

This is about 10% of what I have cooking. Maybe less. No, definitely less.
It's so Tohoever for VS matches 🙃

Back