• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Hm, do yall think Suika vs Bowser might be a rare non Touhou stomp fest? Like Suika wins out most times (Dreamy Bowser is a little iffy), but it shouldnt be stomp worthy, no?

crt drafts are going great
image.png

Chapter 32 of CDS got translated to english, translators sure work quick. How much was it? A day? Less than a day? Either way I have no complains. I'm just glad Mizuchi is jailed but I feel Reimu will screw things up.

In retrospective, wouldn't it have made more sense for Satori to employ Utsuho into her plans to nuke Mizuchi since she's Satori's pet rather than get a random chaotic uncontrollable neet lunatic she barely knows and is known for being too dangerous?

In retrospective, wouldn't it have made more sense for Satori to employ Utsuho into her plans to nuke Mizuchi since she's Satori's pet rather than get a random chaotic uncontrollable neet lunatic she barely knows and is known for being too dangerous?
I mean, yeah, she can, but that runs its own risks as well

god you're SO fucking smart, ZUN should retire
In 17.5 Utsuho had a job where she successfully guarded and powered up the blazing fire of hell nuclear reactor thingy.
And she's the pet of Satori.

Someone you know personally and you order around is nearly always a better than a jobless violent stranger.

Keep in mind though, Okuu is.....well, not the brightest bulb in the box (unless you ask about the subject she knows best), telling her to go around and hunt someone down (even if Okuu knew who to go after) would still cause a lot of collateral damage.

Okuu is literally a walking, ultra powerful, very dangerous, nuclear fcking bomb

Okuu failed to guard the fusion reactor from Cirno of all people. When you need something done well, you do not, in fact, ask the dumbest person you know. Flandre at least has a track record of following orders and getting the job done if 17.5 was any indication.

Okuu failed to guard the fusion reactor from Cirno of all people. When you need something done well, you do not, in fact, ask the dumbest person you know. Flandre at least has a track record of following orders and getting the job done if 17.5 was any indication.
Pretty sure Orin wouldve done a better job, at least she isnt a complete moron

Pretty sure Orin wouldve done a better job, at least she isnt a complete moron
Well she also isn't a destructive force of nature that can beat up almost anybody in Gensokyo, which is kinda what you need when the entire plan hinged on beating the shit out of people.

Well she also isn't a destructive force of nature that can beat up almost anybody in Gensokyo, which is kinda what you need when the entire plan hinged on beating the shit out of people.
Well, when your options are very stupid, very unpredictable, and very dangerous ticking time bomb, and someone who is weaker, but can generally get a job done with less casualties and less hatred mounting upon Satori for letting her bird loose.....

Yeah

Well, when your options are very stupid, very unpredictable, and very dangerous ticking time bomb, and someone who is weaker, but can generally get a job done with less casualties and less hatred mounting upon Satori for letting her bird loose.....

Yeah
Orin can't get the job done, though. Do you know just how insanely one-sided a 3v1 of Reimu, Shou, and Byakuren against Orin would be?

Orin can't get the job done, though. Do you know just how insanely one-sided a 3v1 of Reimu, Shou, and Byakuren against Orin would be?
Do you think Utusho would be any better when Reimu was able to 1v1 Utusho, in the middle of the Hell of Blazing Fires, and when Utusho was arguably at her most powerful with the divine spirit of Yatagarasu basically just being shoved into her body?

Yes, she is powerful, but compared to Haxxlord McShrine Maiden, Motorcycle Nun, and her subordinate....

Missed a couple spots in CiLR and FS, which have since been indexed, so the print work section is looking pretty damn good right about now.
image.png

11 games to go, and unfortunately, they're all the most annoying ones to get footage for.

Have y'all heard about how the first artist for CDS got harassed repeatedly by someone?

Sad to see, I wish her the best.

By the way, with SWR and Uwabami Breakers out of the way, I now only have 20 out of 74 entries left to index (to be clear, all of the remaining entries still have stuff written in them, they just aren't done; Half of them are like 99% done, though). So I can safely say I'm over 70% done with the research portion of the revisions, and I'll thankfully have a bit of help with gathering scans from UDoALG and PoFV in the coming months. Just gotta wait a bit for that Narratograph translation, and find the time to trudge through hours of Touhou station streams, and I ought to be set.

By the way, I did find a small-ish workaround for Nikenme Radio streams; There's a twitter account that frequently posts live recaps of those streams, so I may go back through their posts to see if anything of note pops up from the dates certain streams happened. Again, this will be insanely tedious, but I'm nothing if not dedicated to seeing this through.

What was it that prevented you from getting SWR out of the way? I guess being a game of the verse it wouldn't be so complicated to index it
Ah, nothing in particular. I just put it off for a while because I don't like gathering footage for fighting games due to all the different story routes. It gets pretty tedious after a while.

Ah, nothing in particular. I just put it off for a while because I don't like gathering footage for fighting games due to all the different story routes. It gets pretty tedious after a while.
Yeah, arent the fighting games all similar in that aspect? All the differing story lines ending up making the game bland after some time (hit button for dialogue, beat sometimes easy, sometimes bullshit AI, and then repeat)

At least ULiL Miko theme is peak AF

Had two extremely ground-breaking revelations that drastically alter two of the biggest revisions I had planned, both of which came from basic conversation. Can't complain tbh, even if it increases my workload even more.

Very good. I'll accept any amount of extra work, so long as it makes the verse more complete.
Would that include seeing the sandbox or character profiles numbering their skills in list mode and with the resistance section elsewhere and explaining each of the skills, abilities and more?

Would that include seeing the sandbox or character profiles numbering their skills in list mode and with the resistance section elsewhere and explaining each of the skills, abilities and more?
Already in the works. If it's relevant to the verse in any way, I'll find a way to fit it in the revisions; For example, I've already got a draft for Reimu's summary, since I wanna give each profile an actual explanation of who they are as a character (stuff like Reimu's variable personality and bisexuality).

Already in the works. If it's relevant to the verse in any way, I'll find a way to fit it in the revisions; For example, I've already got a draft for Reimu's summary, since I wanna give each profile an actual explanation of who they are as a character (stuff like Reimu's variable personality and bisexuality).
oh wow. that sounds good , about her personality... How do you think Reimu TRULY is? If I remember correctly there has never been a true interpretation of what her personality is really like since we have never seen a real perspective on herself since all the works present her with a variable personality, besides, is Reimu bisexual?

Back