• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Easy there, the game is good (it has flaws but understandable), but the broken shennanigans TH19 has overshadowed it lel
So it's a kusoge and a good game at the same time? Doesn't kusoge mean "shitty game"?
Only Aunn and Okina who got the massive impact while the rest? Not so much, you only remember Narumi as part of Marisa harem, and Mai/Satono didn't reach the big hit as the previous stage 5 bosses despite their difficulty spike
Other than that HSiFS was great, but still nowhere the same level as LoLK and WBaWC
That's what I am saying, Aunn and Okina are way more popular and impactful than anyone in WBaWC. I admit the rest aren't popular though. I barely see WBaWC get talked about by the fans.
LoLK > HSiFS > WBaWC in terms of impact.
Well, Yuuma became instant classic and Flandre appearance on TH17.5 has placed her on no. 1 most popular character, if that's not the example of fans given their love so much on the characters in that game then i dunno what to tell you lel
I mean, love for the girls that weren't already popular. Flandre was already popular so it's obvious she was going to get more love if she appeared in a new game.
The others? Still way less impactful.

So it's a kusoge and a good game at the same time? Doesn't kusoge mean "shitty game"?
Kusoge can be used for a good thing, otherwise the fighting game like that Hokuto no Ken wouldn't be that much beloved if not because of the kusoge shennanigans that game has
That's what I am saying, Aunn and Okina are way more popular and impactful than anyone in WBaWC. I admit the rest aren't popular though. I barely see WBaWC get talked about by the fans.
LoLK > HSiFS > WBaWC in terms of impact.
Then you didn't ever seen WBaWC that much enough, that's all i'm saying
If Fuji is the one who responded this, she will neck-snap you for sure lel
I mean, love for the girls that weren't already popular. Flandre was already popular so it's obvious she was going to get more love if she appeared in a new game.
The others? Still way less impactful.
Then that just you at this point

Kusoge can be used for a good thing, otherwise the fighting game like that Hokuto no Ken wouldn't be that much beloved if not because of the kusoge shennanigans that game has
I see
Then you didn't ever seen WBaWC that much enough, that's all i'm saying
If Fuji is the one who responded this, she will neck-snap you for sure lel
I doubt she needs any good or over elaborate reason to want to snap my neck but ok lol.
Then that just you at this point
Nuh-uh. Anyways.

A little bit unrelated but you Touhou fans in general are very complacent with anything ZUN does. Almost as if y'all put him on a pedestal above criticism.
Absolutely anything is fine as long as there is a new girl to play with for several months.
Touhou fans are nearly as bad as gacha players.
It makes me wonder what will be the amount of bad quality of the Kusoge coming straight from ZUN's anus y'all will eat before y'all start complaining.

Well I personally wouldn't be here if I didn't like Touhou, so if you're not enjoying the series (and it really looks like you don't, at all), then maybe just leave?

Nuh-uh. Anyways.
Yeah you lost me, i don't appreciated this kind of respond at all
A little bit unrelated but you Touhou fans in general are very complacent with anything ZUN does. Almost as if y'all put him on a pedestal above criticism.
Absolutely anything is fine as long as there is a new girl to play with for several months.
Touhou fans are nearly as bad as gacha players.
It makes me wonder what will be the amount of bad quality of the Kusoge coming straight from ZUN's anus y'all will eat before y'all start complaining.
This is why i really dislike your behaviour sometimes

Well I personally wouldn't be here if I didn't like Touhou, so if you're not enjoying the series (and it really looks like you don't, at all), then maybe just leave?
It's not that easy, I've considered leaving, but I do enjoy several aspects of Touhou and its fandom. Most of my friends like Touhou, so I'll feel left out if I stop keeping up, and Touhou has influenced my identity and me a lot.
Yeah you lost me, i don't appreciated this kind of respond at all
My apologies, that was rude of me. I meant to say that I dissagree, but I lost interest in continuing to argue.
This is why i really dislike your behaviour sometimes
ok

my house been broken into by twinks, what do i do please help
IMG_2443.jpg

Anyways the first of (hopefully many) Comtpiq issue has arrived, here's a compilation of all the notable stuff for Genso Narratograph. There's also an author interview but that's all text lol, I'll post the translated version or a TL;DR here later.
IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

Sukusukus are now roleplaying...
IMG_2460.jpg

I don't wanna get too ahead of myself but Genso Narratograph is shaping up to be really interesting VS-wise. There's a really fucking funny social influencing feat in here that I wanna include more than anything.

Last edited:
I rewrote Touhou's discussion rule to make it more readable.
This rule came from https://vsbattles.com/threads/touhou-discussion-rule-proposal.133744/ at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=7530837&oldid=7530825. As it stands, I find it quite clumsily written and unsourced, so I've rewritten it.
*Do not try to downgrade the characters' speed ratings from FTL levels based on [[Marisa Kirisame]]'s claim that nothing can move faster than light, as this statement is unreliable due to [[vsforum:threads/133744|contradicting explicit evidence]] shown in the series. Not only does Marisa outrun her lightspeed Master Spark shortly afterward, but characters like [[Sakuya Izayoi]] have direct FTL statements, and numerous other characters have [[User blog:Saikou The Lewd King/Touhou Explanation#Lightspeed and beyond speed feats|consistent FTL and higher feats]].
@Theglassman12 @CrimsonStarFallen Should I apply this rewrite?

Last edited:

This rule came from https://vsbattles.com/threads/touhou-discussion-rule-proposal.133744/ at https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Discussion_Rules?diff=7530837&oldid=7530825. As it stands, I find it quite clumsily written and unsourced, so I've rewritten it.

Yeah the old rule is pretty bad, I think the rewrite looks fine.

I wouldn't bother with Glass and @CrimsonStarFallen though, they're not that into Touhou.

I've been asking this everywhere else, but who here would be interested in an officially translated version of Genso Narratograph? There's a possibility of getting it translated, but the first step is making sure there's enough interest.

I don't really see anything wrong with the old phrasing of the rule, but adjusting the rule to cite the thread in which the rule was first decided on sounds like a good idea. I'd support this.

I don't really see anything wrong with the old phrasing of the rule, but adjusting the rule to cite the thread in which the rule was first decided on sounds like a good idea. I'd support this.
Thank you. I have applied my changes.

I mean, previously I only thought he was involved with the location descriptions, character dialogue, and replay, but it turns out he was a writing assistant for the whole damn thing. That's leagues beyond what any "canon adjacent" game gets, and really messes with the idea that we can only use what ZUN wrote (since he had at least some small part in basically the entire thing).
image.png

image.png

What do you mean? If this is about VS stuff, then 1. I don't care and 2. I'm already using a WoG statement from the book to upgrade Nitori's calc slightly (6.5 megatons to 16.3 megatons).
Technically vsbw stuff, but other than that not entirely as i'm more curious about what is this game going to tell about lel

I mean, previously I only thought he was involved with the location descriptions, character dialogue, and replay, but it turns out he was a writing assistant for the whole damn thing. That's leagues beyond what any "canon adjacent" game gets, and really messes with the idea that we can only use what ZUN wrote (since he had at least some small part in basically the entire thing).
image.png

image.png
Okay so there's a good chance I jumped the gun on this LOL

Genso Narratograph is almost definitely getting a translation at some point. Seems like there's a fair bit of support in favor of it getting an official translation, and it seems like someone has already been translating parts of it. So, hopefully that'll all happen soon (ideally before Touhoufest 2024), but it might be a while since this is a 300+ page TTRPG manual we're talking about here.

"Guys! I couldn't believe that Fate/Type-Moon has finally added Hieda no Akyuu on their series!"
Meanwhile Hieda no Akyuu that i mean:
latest

JK, they finally added the man who inspired Akyuu on Fate, and it's glorious
One of his Noble Phantasm is literally Reverse Gensokyo lmao

Back