• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Rule Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I said I was taking a break from Touhou revisions, but this should be pretty quick and easy. Just wanna get this out while I'm not drowning in real life stress.

One argument I have regularly seen in regards to Touhou’s speed ratings, both on this forum and off of it, is a single statement; That being Marisa’s infamous “nothing can move faster than light!” claim. Despite numerous debunks, the argument keeps resurfacing, so I feel that it’s necessary to make a discussion rule banning speed downgrades based on this:

Do not try to downgrade Touhou’s speed ratings on the basis of Marisa’s claim that nothing can move faster than light. Not only is this directly contradicted shortly after the statement is made due to Marisa outrunning her own light-speed Master Spark, but characters such as Sakuya are directly stated to move faster than light, and numerous other characters have demonstrated consistent FTL and higher feats. As such, this statement should be considered unreliable.

If it’s really necessary, I can try to provide more explicit examples of FTL and higher speed feats, but I should hope that all Touhou supporters here know what I’m talking about. Hell, we have 3 infinite speed feats listed on Reimu and Marisa’s pages, that alone should make the ‘no FTL’ shit look as stupid as it actually is.

How many staff agreements do we need for this to get accepted, anyways? I'd imagine discussion rules require a lot more support before going through as opposed to other CRTs.

I don't think a discussion rule is needed, you can write a footnote on the verse page, or make a blog outlining the reason why below FTL is wrong or whatever similar

We basically already have that though, it's on Saikou's old blog linked on the verse page and is one of the sources I linked in the OP, yet that apparently hasn't dissuaded people much over the years.

Yeah, I can see how that can be a problem for a verse. I can't say that I know much about Touhou lore but it does seem like as if people generally agree with this, so I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Seems we're all in agreement here, then. How much support do we need to get a discussion rule accepted?
It would probably be good to just message staff members like Vietthai96 suggested. I'm not familiar with the procedures regarding discussion rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back