• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top tier Fairy Tail scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Continued from here:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1650240

Basically there are two different calculations of the energy output of Etherio, and we need help to decide which method that is more appropriate to use, or if somebody needs to combine the different methods into a single version.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:CinCameron20/Etherion_causing_an_explosio

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DodoNova2/Etherion_Destroy_Countries_-_Fairy_Tail

Take note that only calc group members, CinCameron20, DodoNova2, and interested staff members with something worthwhile to say should preferably contribute to this thread.

Thanks in advance for any help.

When we evaluate calculations we do not necessary are required to always go with the absolute low end. Instead the goal is to go with the most logical result after having evaluated not only that one specific feat but also have taken the surroundings in the verse into consideration. It is confirmed that Etherion was actively used in a time prior to the story.

http://i.imgur.com/U2a9QPi.jpg

And is confirmed to be able to wipe out an entire country on the continent of earthland multiple times.Please also note what emphasis is given on "one-shot / immediately etc.".

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-L8YqMmVxh...al4sbuyB4a0lr5v5NumVYwCHM/s16000/0363-015.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uOrOGNCel...sAWAgDMd9vbki-L8zxwOmQCHM/s16000/0317-012.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9m-l1gMhi...TpRkEP3ZRFRGo9Dl1GNIzgCHM/s16000/0451-013.png

And the discussion whether or not it should be used on Ka-Elum, a country of bigger size than Fiore.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GKoT0V5_U...ZPghtlbp-NnIr2odR2tv_QCHM/s16000/0083-007.png

It never happened on panel. As such i can understand, and are of the same opinion, that we can not just randomly assign a calculated value for Etherion using the values from countries such as Iceberg, Desertio, Minstrel or the Pergrian Kingdom.

A logical and fitting assumption however would be to use the values for the smalles possible countries.

The smallest possible country would be either Midi in the southern Edge of the world map or Ila.

Given canon sizes for Fiore it would allows us to scale the size of Fiore and then Midi/Ila - using the found size for Etherions destructive capabilities, taking all the canon evidence into consideration.

I am 100% with DodoNova and Raven here. Our goal is to find the average value, not the lowest end of the lowest end.

Okay. What about the method used for calculating the energy output required to destroy the average-sized country then? Is DodoNova2's or are either of CinCameron20's more appropriate to use?

With reservations for that I may have stated a stupid question, as I am juggling a lot of different tasks at once, so it is hard to remember the specifics.

Since Raven does propose that we use one of the smaller countries (Ilia or Midi), I agree.

Etherion
Using the map: Fiore's diameter is 83px (which is 4327km)

Ilia is 36.6878726557px (1912.631km) Radius = 956.3155km

Midi is 43px (2241.6988km) Radius = 1120.8494km

Using Widespread as LE and Near-total Fatalities as HE

Ilia LE = 2.692 Teratons of Tnt (Low 6-B)

Ilia HE = 51 Teratons of Tnt (6-B+)

Midi LE = 4.355 Teratons of Tnt (Low 6-B+)

Midi HE = 82.47 Teratons of Tnt (6-B+)

Going from statements in the Manga, we're probably going to resort to Near-Total fatalities (the HE), so Country+ for both.

@Ant - it seems as thought Raven is not accepting either due to questions posed in my blog, and that Dodo's blog includes the largest countries in the calculation, so Raven is proposing we use one of the smaller countries since the manga repeatedly states that "a country would be wiped out by Etherion"

I have asked all of the current calc group members to comment here, so we just have to wait to see what they think. Would combining your method with DodoNova2's average size or the area of Fiore be more appropriate?

956.3155 = Y^(1/3)*0.28

Y = 39.8409321218 teratons. Divide that by 2, and we have ~20 teratons (Country level)

Kepekley23 said:
956.3155 = Y^(1/3)*0.28
Y = 39.8409321218 teratons. Divide that by 2, and we have ~20 teratons (Country level)
@Kep, Midi's Radius is 2007 km via pixel scaling for all the country

I do not know if it's good because the px does not cover the whole country, can you check with this ? if the one from Cin is good, then no problem for Midi

For llia, i agree i found Country level too

I also agree with Raven. We should always go with the end that makes the most sense, in both in-universe logic and mathematical accuracy.

Personally I would use a more average sized country like Joya or Bosco but using Illia seems like a fine low end (though I don't know anything about FT outside the first few arcs).

So can any of DodoNova2's results be used, or is a new calculation blog required that uses another method and Ilia's size?

@Kepek - This does. The distance from magnolia to hargeon is 370 kilometers, so scaling that to Fiore makes it >4000km.

How exactly did you get 20 Teratons for Ilia btw? I'm not sure I understood that equation.

@Dodo - well, you scaled Midi from north to south where the diameter is at its utmost. That would be more than enough to engulf the country inside of it twice-over with almost nothing outside of it.

I got incredibly defensive when I saw you do the same for Minus since that would result in High 6-A for a country that's baseline 6-A (to be fair, i'm kinda downplaying Minus).

It's probably best to go with the low end when dealing with Statement only calculations, especially when it's as vague as this.

"When we evaluate calculations we do not necessary are required to always go with the absolute low end. Instead the goal is to go with the most logical result after having evaluated not only that one specific feat but also have taken the surroundings in the verse into consideration."

This.

Unite My Rice said:
"When we evaluate calculations we do not necessary are required to always go with the absolute low end. Instead the goal is to go with the most logical result after having evaluated not only that one specific feat but also have taken the surroundings in the verse into consideration."
This.
There is no "Logical end" in this situation to my knowledge, nothing indicates it was referring to any country in particular (unless someone can provide proof it does)

I don't mind going with the logical result but when the logical result is anyone's guess then it's better to lowball than it is to make an inaccurate upgrade.

After reading TataHakai's reply, if this is supposed to be a vague statement, then I agree with using the lowball to be a bit safe.

TataHakai said:
There is no "Logical end" in this situation to my knowledge, nothing indicates it was referring to any country in particular (unless someone can provide proof it does)

I don't mind going with the logical result but when the logical result is anyone's guess then it's better to lowball than it is to make an inaccurate upgrade.
Well idk anything about the calc, but it looks like multi-mountain / 6-C realm from the scans I saw. Idk how people are determining a size.

@Unite - The calc i did in my blog was an explosion caused by Etherion that would be Low 6-B+, which was the end i was arguing for, but there's many statement stating it could destroy an entire country, so we are scaling based off the size of the smallest country in the verse.

Low 6-B+ if i recall correctly is also the end that was accepted in the OBD if i recall correctly, whichever end uses the smallest country there is the one i'm fine with.

@Tata - Well, the feat i calc'd was with Etherion blasting a part of Seven, but Raven pointed out that the area might not be Seven, so the feat is questionable.

So we might as well be scaling to Ilia, the smallest country, which would give 6-B.

Using the largest country is obviously wrong, but using the smallest is wrong as well. Both are distinct from what an average country would constitute as.

In the real world, Russia is significantly larger than what I'd consider an average country, while Uruguay is significantly smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back