• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Spriggans Scaling to Etherion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, what even

Can anyone tell me the "fors" and "againsts" so that I can make a clear vote? Not an FT expert by any means so context would be welcome.

Guys, what we're trying to convey is that Etherion is like a specific type of weapon that is meant to have set number of power, which everyone else in the verse also does. Like Etherion isn't as broad as a "Nuke", it's a very specific type of weapon.

Like Etherion is as specific as "AK-47", it's a specific type of weapon that has a generalized and similar power output

Like you would be right in thinking that one AK-47 has around the same power as another AK-47 right?

That's exactly what we're all trying to say about Etherion. The set power for Etherion is that it has the power to destroy a country, which is stated 4 times. So Wall using his own "Etherion" would also mean that it should be capable of the same power.

It’s not. Are y’all not getting the example?
I explained it offsite and I will explain it here.

One technique has a stated power level.

The other one canonically varies between users, and heck, it varies inbetween a single user.

Rasengans are techniques with similar mechanics but different power outputs.

Etherion is a weapon with a specific yield.

I explained it offsite and I will explain it here.

One technique has a stated power level.

The other one canonically varies between users, and heck, it varies inbetween a single user.

Rasengans are techniques with similar mechanics but different power outputs.

Etherion is a weapon with a specific yield.
That’s still pure assumption for FT part. It’s literally Wahl making the cannon but not knowing if the power is EXACTLY like it

N6hAT7T.jpg

I know that, but we don’t even know again if Wahl’s cannon is inferior to the other. Just know that he made the same replica of it
It's the same weapon, not a replica, but the very same Etherion. There's no "it's inferior" because it's the exact same thing.

It makes less sense and requires far more assumptions to treat Wall's Etherion as if it were not the same power as the Council's Etherion

I mean the idea "Well it may not be weaker than the Council's Etherion" is just as invalid as the statement that "Well it may be stronger than the Council's Etherion"

In general, the thing that makes sense is to assume they are equal and since the Spriggans are relative to each other, the others would reasonably backscale from Etherion

Guys, what we're trying to convey is that Etherion is like a specific type of weapon that is meant to have set number of power, which everyone else in the verse also does. Like Etherion isn't as broad as a "Nuke", it's a very specific type of weapon.

Like Etherion is as specific as "AK-47", it's a specific type of weapon that has a generalized and similar power output

Like you would be right in thinking that one AK-47 has around the same power as another AK-47 right?

That's exactly what we're all trying to say about Etherion. The set power for Etherion is that it has the power to destroy a country, which is stated 4 times. So Wall using his own "Etherion" would also mean that it should be capable of the same power.
Seems simple enough to accept at a glance unless I'm missing something.

I would be against it if I didn't see the visual of wahls etherion that quite literally looks like the same exact thing. I do agree stuff in this thread isn't solid but its more so supporting shit. Aka brandish being a nation destroyer and wahl just so happen to have a nation destroying move. Its to make it not seem as outlandish cause I know if brandish straight up shrinked a country people wouldn't scale it to her ap at all. Even though its shown brandish ability is limited by magic power and increasing gajeel to massive size enough to fight a dragon clearly isn't beyond her magic power is capable of cause she quite literally did it

I agree with these posts, though there are a few things, Wall didn’t really have his own etherion, just possessed a method that would give him an attack akin to Etherion, such as fusion reaction. Agree as well as Brandish scaling to Gajeel as it is her power that was supplying Gajeel‘s giant form, and considering that there is a time limit like any machine that runs on a limited fuel supply, and she immediately ties her feat with Gajeel to that of her title Nation Demolisher, as in that is not just a title alone.

Ok, so I got my awesome friend to translate the original kanji of the statement when referring to Brandish and it translates as such
B7ehvLl.jpg

国崩しのブランディッシュ好戦的ではないが国をも崩すという魔力の持ち主
"Country Destroyer Brandish, while not belligerent, also holds the magical power to destroy the country"

So that's direct as hell that Brandish can destroy countries with her magic power and would support Spriggan Etherion scaling

Ok, so I got my awesome friend to translate the original kanji of the statement when referring to Brandish and it translates as such
B7ehvLl.jpg

"Country Destroyer Brandish, while not belligerent, also holds the magical power to destroy the country"

So that's direct as hell that Brandish can destroy countries with her magic power and would support Spriggan Etherion scaling
Oh God.

RIP Consistent and smooth scaling.

B7ehvLl.jpg

consistent with the official
image0.png

consistent with the official
image0.png
what do you mean by that?

Also forgetting to add Irene’s Compression magic, which is stated to be reconstruction, considering the land is broken down to tiny bits of dirt and dust when activated.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it be countered if she can multi-task? And considering that it is not officially stated as master enchantment, it would likely not even be her string feat,

I find it odd that the AOE fallacy should be considered for this case, since the one time it’s been fired it doesnt destroy a country, yet were putting multiple statements above it? The feat isn’t very consistent with the statements.

the whole defintion of an AOE fallacy should be reworked for statements,
compared to feats for a different thread IMO
What.... the only time Etherion is fired is at the tower of heaven.

It completely absorbed all the 270 million edea of magic power of the Etherion. How th is it supposed to destroy a country when the magic power has already been sucked up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back