• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 5 strongest F's on vs Fandom wiki

ElixirBlue said:
But Fate potency doesn't come from tiers. It from what Acausality it can bypass, due to how Fate functions.
I'm fairly confident that you'd need Type 5 to bypass fate-hax on either Gan, Jill or Tzeench's level. Resistance would also have to be on a 1-A scale at the least.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Because someone with 1-A fatehax will always overcome someone who only has 3-D fatehax
Yes, that is true. But how can you always tell that the FateHax is 3D?

Well, I actually want to make a top-five list of fate manipulation that has shown feats, not just existing because they are connect to a Tier 1.

ElixirBlue said:
Well, I actually want to make a top-five list of fate manipulation that has shown feats, not just existing because they are connect to a Tier 1.
Kinda hard when the one's connected to a Tier 1 are superior by default.

The Lurk has Plot Manipulation, not Fate Manipulation

Huh? Lurk has fate manip by virtue of being a narrative entity on the level of swann.Is that not listed?

Kinda hard when the one's connected to a Tier 1 are superior by default.

Yeah, but if they have no feats, it's hard to tell how they'll be used in SBA, if at all.

ElixirBlue said:
Yeah, but if they have no feats, it's hard to tell how they'll be used in SBA, if at all.
Gan's fate-hax is literally his will. Tzeench embodies the platonic concept of fate. Don't know about Jill but I assume it's just as impressive from what I'm hearing. Feats aren't everything when it comes to how powerful an ability is. Nature, context and effective scale are also important.

Gan's fate-hax is literally his will. Tzeench embodies the platonic concept of fate. Don't know about Jill but I assume it's just as impressive from what I'm hearing. Feats aren't everything when it comes to how powerful an ability is. Nature, context and effective scale are also important.

How about Sonic's, which is passive and doesn't require him to actively manipulate anything or be aware that he is manipulating fate? It even created the chosen one prophecy.

sonic's is only 2-A it doesn't matter if it's passive it PALES in comparison to other top tier fatehax users.

ElixirBlue said:
How about Sonic's, which is passive and doesn't require him to actively manipulate anything or be aware that he is manipulating fate? It even created the chosen one prophecy.
Gan wanting to win a fight makes it fated to happen, even on a beyond dimensional scale.Tzeench is fate, period. By their very nature, fate bends to their goals. Not to mention how Sonic's fate-hax don't mean anything before a Low 1-C or higher which definitely isn't the case for our other contenders.

So then, not counting one's that automatically come with tier 1 but never actually used them for combat:

1. Gan

2. Tzeench

3. Jill?

4. Sonic

But where would you place them?

And Lurk doesn't have Fate Manipulation on its wiki.

Besides, i'm also ranking their functions as well, not just potency, in a vs battle setting.

ElixirBlue said:
So then, not counting one's that automatically come with tier 1 but never actually used them for combat:
1. Gan

2. Tzeench

3. Jill?

4. Sonic
I think that Jill is a definite numer 3 if she has 1-A fate-hax. But other Warhammer characters have 1-B fate-hax that put them over Sonic.

I'm ranking Sonic in the Top 5 because his FateHax is unquestionably always to win fights and how he ends up winning could be anything. It's not just about potency, but also about function.

1-A Fate Manipulation "You will always run around a corner and bump into a girl with toast in her mouth before school."

Vs

2-A Fate Manipulation "You will always win".

With that function differences, I'm obviously going to put the 2-A higher.

ElixirBlue said:
Ok, but how or what do they use Fate Manipulation for? Just having it isn't enough.
Some use it in conjunction with precognition to ensure victory in battles. Others manipulate the strings of fate to ensure their schemes meet success. But they definitely use it in combat and most, if not all of them, resist it to a degree on a similar scale. Meaning that Sonic's fate-hax are meaningless against them.

ElixirBlue said:
Besides, i'm also ranking their functions as well, not just potency, in a vs battle setting.
2nd, Due to neing narrator wntities fate is dictated by their mwrw existencee and will

ElixirBlue said:
1-A Fate Manipulation "You will always run around a corner and bump into a girl with toast in her mouth before school."
Vs

2-A Fate Manipulation "You will always win".

With that function differences, I'm obviously going to put the 2-A higher.
Unlike Sonic, all of the people on that list can actually choose what they wish for fate to be. That's actually better functionality than what Sonic has, which is only a single purpose variant of the ability. Again, always winning is something anyone halfway decent with fate-hax can do so Sonic isn't really special in this regard.

ElixirBlue said:
I'm ranking Sonic in the Top 5 because his FateHax is unquestionably always to win fights and how he ends up winning could be anything. It's not just about potency, but also about function.
Sonic has lost fights though despite his fate hax

WeeklyBattles said:
Sonic has lost fights though despite his fate hax
True. A lot of peole seem to forget that Sonic winning isn't necessarily in the very same battle and can take effect anywhere between a single fight or after an entire story arc. Not really the case with other fate-hax users.

Some use it in conjunction with precognition to ensure victory in battles. Others manipulate the strings of fate to ensure their schemes meet success. But they definitely use it in combat and most, if not all of them, resist it to a degree on a similar scale. Meaning that Sonic's fate-hax are meaningless against them.

Yeah, on potency. But function wise, Sonic's is better as it is passive and retroactive with Sonic's will and mind not needed for it to function. But they still have the potency on their side...

2nd, Due to neing narrator wntities fate is dictated by their mwrw existencee and will

I do think passively rewriting Fate is stronger than actively writing it. However, if the narrator functions close to narrative causality, virtually anything could be possible.

True. A lot of peole seem to forget that Sonic winning isn't necessarily in the very same battle and can take effect anywhere between a single fight or after an entire story arc. Not really the case with other fate-hax users.

Sonic has never lost a fight to the death or if the win conditions ever went against him and his way of life. Even when his home seem to be erased from existence or burn to the ground, he still always comes back on top with his family and kingdom saved.

Ok:

1. SCP 001 (S Andrew Swann's Proposal)

2. Gan

3. Tzeench

4. Jill?

5. Sonic

ElixirBlue said:
I do think passively rewriting Fate is stronger than actively writing it. However, if the narrator functions close to narrative causality, virtually anything could be possible.
Passive hax are neither stronger than nor more effective than active hax by default. They're constantly active and a user will always be quicker on the draw than one with active ones but their functionality compared to each other still depends on showings and in-verse mechanics. Is re-writing the fate of an entire narrative better than passively winning in a fight? No (assumng neither resist fate-hax and are on the same level). Is the narrative re-write better and more potent than passive victory as an ability? Yes.

In this case, the narrative fate re-write is performed by a 1-A that completely ignores Sonic's stuff.

@elixirblue

idk but anu itself is Tier 0 and considering the abundant amount of Hax TES has then anu's fatehax is presumably far superior.

Passive hax are neither stronger than nor more effective than active hax by default. They're constantly active and a user will always be quicker on the draw than one with active ones but their functionality compared to each other still depends on showings and in-verse mechanics. Is re-writing the fate of an entire narrative better than passively winning in a fight? No (assumng neither resist fate-hax and are on the same level). Is the narrative re-write better and more potent than passive victory as an ability? Yes.

In this case, the narrative fate re-write is performed by a 1-A that completely ignores Sonic's stuff.

I'm looking at the function more than the potency. And Sonic's FateHax has the feat of surviving being rewritten. Maybe the potency wasn't in tear 1, but the feat and function is there.

ElixirBlue said:
I'm looking at the function more than the potency. And Sonic's FateHax has the feat of surviving being rewritten. Maybe the potency wasn't in tear 1, but the feat and function is there.
Then your thread title is kind of misleading since your looking for the best functionality rather than which is the strongest. Strength trumps function when the difference in scale is massive enough, which is definitely the case here.

Back