• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Paradox Immunity for all Dragon Ball Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beerus Hakai-ing Present Zamasu did not have an affect on Future Zamasu because of the Time Ring. Which gives Acausality Type 1.

Should we give all Dragon ball characters Limited Acausality Type 1 (If they don't have Resistance to Existence Erasure or Void Manipulation) since we know that if Beerus or GoD hakai someone without the Time Ring they will get destroy accross on all time-lines.

If they have one those resistances mention above then they should get Acausality Type 1 without the Limited.

@DragonEmperor23

That's still a weakness in the dragon ball universe that a GoD's can exploit. Giving Limited Acuasality to DB characters with no Resistance to Existence Erasure or Void should be limited.

I would question that GoD's destruction works at temporal level considering that Beerus said that he knew than that wasn't going to work. Anyway, if we go with universal's rule = power in equalization I'm fine with the addition isn't like Time Paradox Immunity its the most useful immunity.

ProudLearner said:
@DragonEmperor23

That's still a weakness in the dragon ball universe that a GoD's can exploit. Giving Limited Acuasality to DB characters with no Resistance to Existence Erasure or Void should be limited.
How is that a weakness for Type 1? Type 1 means that you are not effected by changes to the past. If Beerus Hakai's something across all timelines, that isn't just the past, that also includes the present.

Antoniofer

It did not work because Future Zamasu had the Time-Ring which protects him from changes in time. Thus, Beerus hakaing present zamasu did not have an affect on Future Zamasu.

@Proud

"Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities."

Krillin killed Cell when he hasn't developed his body and the Cell in the present were unaffected (obviously because the timeline was parted way before, but IIRC Trunks said that killing that Cell wouldn't take care of the one they had to deal with later on the arc).

It seems that Hakai would be able to affect the target in every timeline. That's even more OP.

The Calaca said:
Krillin killed Cell when he hasn't developed his body and the Cell in the present were unaffected (obviously because the timeline was parted way before
Even the Cell of the future was doing A-OK till Trunks killed him.

Another example is how Trunks got killed by Cell and that's how the Bio Android got access to a time machine to get to the present timeline in the first place.

I still believe that Beerus was simply lying considered that he admitted it wouldn't have worked (and he didn't took the ring into consideration); the other Zamasu was also unharmed, although you may argue that his immortality made him immune.

I think this is BS in both cases. More a case of time travel mechanics being wonky in verses and writers being stupid rather than actual powers.

Right? I mean, like what Calaca brought up, the whole "Killing the Cell from the present has no effect on the Cell from the future" is an extremely clear cut example of Type 1.

That's because when you travel in time in Dragon Ball you create a new timeline. OFC it has no effect on the Cell of your present timeline.

Meanwhile MCU follows a rule where if you travel back in time, you are actually going forward in your timeline, meaning that you're not causing any time paradox at all.

TL;DR. Neither verse qualifies.

These two times are two entire arcs, even then. The plot comes from the time travel so it's natural to have it as a major point.

I'm leaning towards agreeing with Matt. Dragon Ball basically treats that every time someone travels back in time, a new timeline is born. Let's say you killed someone as a baby, you killed one version of that character. But there's still as many copies of said character as there are timelines and that doesn't mean the same character from other timelines can still travel to your timeline. No one in Dragon Ball has shown the ability to completely undo a timeline just by traveling back in time to change something; it simply creates an alternate timeline. So I wouldn't necessarily given anyone Time paradox immunity because of that.

And Beerus initially said that Hakai'ing Zamasu should erase him from other timelines, but when they came back to say it didn't work, Beerus kind of admitted he lied about it working on such a scale. Beerus even freaked out when Whis told him he created a new timeline + Time Ring when he hakai'd Zamasu.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm leaning towards agreeing with Matt. Dragon Ball basically treats that every time someone travels back in time, a new timeline is born. Let's say you killed someone as a baby, you killed one version of that character. But there's still as many copies of said character as there are timelines and that doesn't mean the same character from other timelines can still travel to your timeline. No one in Dragon Ball has shown the ability to completely undo a timeline just by traveling back in time to change something; it simply creates an alternate timeline. So I wouldn't necessarily given anyone Time paradox immunity because of that.
And Beerus initially said that Hakai'ing Zamasu should erase him from other timelines, but when they came back to say it didn't work, Beerus kind of admitted he lied about it working on such a scale. Beerus even freaked out when Whis told him he created a new timeline + Time Ring when he hakai'd Zamasu.
If this is your stance then you need to get over to the MCU one because their reasoning is the exact same.

I think Matt said it was more about context and I believe he mentioned the difference was because the MCU characters do travel back within their own timeline rather than simply travel to a new timeline.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That's because when you travel in time in Dragon Ball you create a new timeline. OFC it has no effect on the Cell of your present timeline.

Meanwhile MCU follows a rule where if you travel back in time, you are actually going forward in your timeline, meaning that you're not causing any time paradox at all.

TL;DR. Neither verse qualifies.
Actually, Matt says neither of them should have it.

Yeah Dragonball's timelines working the way they do there is no paradox to be immune to, it just creates a separate branching timeline.

Same with the MCU honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back