• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Yun Seong vs Heatblast

It remind me of soulcaliber 2 boss battle call inferno. (In melee combat & heat area)
All Characters possibly can fight Fire user boss or energy user.

I vote Yun

It remind me of soulcaliber 2 boss battle call inferno. (In melee combat & heat area)

I vote Yun

So Size Manipulation up to Type 1 is not going to give him any trouble ? Also HB Heat = AP so....
He needs hits as seen in the video getting in CQC is like the end for him via Transmutation.
He obviously can fight, But Supernatural Willpower will keep Ben going until he can transmute.
Also saying he "fought a fire boss" is a very bad example cause he doesn't posses half of the abilities Heatblast does with Toon Force like changing his physiology.

Last edited:
So in Soul Calibur IV, Yun-Seong (along with other characters) have these things called "skills" that help them in fights.

Here are the skills Yun-Seong has:
  • Charge Cancel (Allows Yun to cancel an attack at any point. Pretty useless imo)
  • Start Dash C (Increases all of Yun's stats at the start of the match for a temporary time period)
  • Will Power (Increases all of Yun's stats when he's weakened)
The Will Power part is literally just the effects of Qing Long (though I do think that warrants a CRT for getting Yun Supernatural Willpower), but Yun's Start Dash C will help here, though I will say the stat boost for Start Dash C isn't as potent as the stat boost Yun would receive for Will Power.

(Increases all of Yun's stats at the start of the match for a temporary time period) will this be enough against a Large Size Type 1 + Class G restrictions.

(Increases all of Yun's stats at the start of the match for a temporary time period) will this be enough against a Large Size Type 1 + Class G restrictions.
Smaller target = harder to hit.

Using your LS against someone who's faster will be a difficult task.

I'm confident in saying yes.

I vote Yun

Yun-Seong never fought Inferno in the canon timeline of Soul Calibur, so this can't be used unfortunately.

Backup Evidence:
Heatblast specie's can go Supernova level temperature.
(In the original show)
Screenshot_20230212-192215.png

According to the creator of the show Reboot aliens power and abilities works the same.
(He doesn't need to learn to get angry in this case to reach Supernova temperatures)
Screenshot_20230212-193532.png

RB_Humungousaur_Hasnt_Learned_How_to_Alter_His_Size.png

Ben going "supernova hot" is an obvious hyperbole and is just a figure of speech, especially considering how Gwen afterwards said that "all four year olds have meltdowns." This is moreso Ben just exuding intense amounts of heat. If it really was as hot as a supernova, there would be much bigger effects than what was shown.

Ben going "supernova hot" is an obvious hyperbole and is just a figure of speech, especially considering how Gwen afterwards said that "all four year olds have meltdowns." This is moreso Ben just exuding intense amounts of heat. If it really was as hot as a supernova, there would be much bigger effects than what was shown.
Heat isn't my wincon so I don't really care that much, It's about Transmutation and Higher L.S so it'll vote for Heatblast.

Hold on! I forgot one more sword/weapon Yun-Seong has...

Soul Edge (Complete)

Looking at the gameplay of this weapon on display, not only does it do significantly higher amounts of damage than normal, it also heals your health every time you damage your opponent.

Hold on! I forgot one more sword/weapon Yun-Seong has...

Soul Edge (Complete)

Looking at the gameplay of this weapon on display, not only does it do significantly higher amounts of damage than normal, it also heals your health every time you damage your opponent.

Yun already had life steal ability in his profile from this weapon so it count.

I think we should ask some people who were watching the thread to vote now. Don't want to go another day doing this lol.

Anyway to be honest I never knew Yun was 6 -A before in the series
But when i understand Attack potency logic & Lore to scale from in his profile still understandable
Because of this thread alone let me first knew about his 6 - A so thank to that.
My Point of view I seen yun should at least 9-B in the series without my understand how attack potency work at all
Yun 6-A kick Yujiro face and knock him out (I cant imagine that)
Yun had outspeed Musashi in Sword fight lol (Still cant imagine that)

Attack Potency logic kind of surprise me but it work for fictional setting fight.

Yun fight heatblast kind of remind me of Inferno fight that still amazing match up

Heatblast will use spam energy blast move the whole match more than Nightterror & Inferno for sure that consider broken in fighting game a lot.
Yun still had more ap than heatblast but cant go near heatblast due to nature of Melee combat fighting game setting.

Game Over. Heatblast win 100%

My wincons for Yun-Seong are the following:

• Start Dash C gives him a headstart in the fight, allowing him to quickly close the range gap between the two.
  • He has the overall physical advantage, being 2.5x stronger and more durable than HB
  • His many swords will help him deal large amounts of damage, as well as heal his own HP.
  • His Will Power/Qing Long gives him an even bigger stats advantage whenever he gets weakened.
  • His critical finish will likely end the fight when hit.

Yeah but intang sounds like a pretty good counter to Yun Seong given he didn't have npi needed ngl
That's like the only real thing HB has going for him in the long run.

Other than that, I'm confident in Yun-Seong ******* up HB with his good ass stats advantage when closes that range gap.

Anyway if speed is equalized Yun would have the advantage in reactions and combat speed.
One thing that was briefly mentioned before but never brought up again was Yun's advantage in reaction speed (due to the nature of speed equal), as well as combat speed due to his stat amps.

So... HB still has the reaction speed advantage thanks to having Relativistic Flying speed, that should grant relativistic Reaction speed, and thanks to equalizing speed still gives Fire Blast a enourmour reaction speed advantage.

I'm wrong?

My wincons for Yun-Seong are the following:

• Start Dash C gives him a headstart in the fight, allowing him to quickly close the range gap between the two.
  • He has the overall physical advantage, being 2.5x stronger and more durable than HB
  • His many swords will help him deal large amounts of damage, as well as heal his own HP.
  • His Will Power/Qing Long gives him an even bigger stats advantage whenever he gets weakened.
  • His critical finish will likely end the fight when hit.
Yun wincon remind me of Wolverine vs Jean gray in X men-last stand.

Wait, if the Speed equalized thread says that combat speed is what gets equalized then doesn't that mean that Yun Seong is the one that ends up with crippled movement speed?
Yes Yun is speed fighter so he cant use his advantage speed fighting sty at all except he land a blow first but still cant stop Heatblast in one hit right?

Yes Yun is speed fighter so he cant use his advantage speed fighting sty at all except he land a blow first but still cant stop Heatblast in one hit right?
He can not one shot Heatblast. HB if he does hit with his signature frying pan then he get's transmutated into a pancake.
Does his speed amp last for the entirety of the fight ?

Back