• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Monkey D Luffy vs Mob Psycho 100 (Shigeo Kageyama)

I mean using precog, thinking and doing the amp should take longer than Mob just TK blasting or slicing with a thought

This also assumes that ???% or 100% dont already start with a shield
All forms of mob have a passive skintight shield protecting their bodies wich scales to his AP, since the energy used to attack scales to the energy used to make shields he can also create extra AOE spherical shields around himself and layer them if needed.

His physical durability should also scale to that value, as Koyama ( who should be High 8-C) has a barrier bypassing effect could give him an extended beatdown and didn't kill him. Plus psychic power is stated to be used to strengthen the body.

The passive skintight shield doesn't put enpugh distance between Luffy's fist and Mob to avoid the dura neg shield thing Luffy has with Ryou from happening. But the active spherical one he creates does.

Has Luffy ever turned pure energy into rubber?
FPyoHfTakAI7pR5

Lightning is still a form of energy, and it works on a quantum level. Unless Mob's barriers literally lack any form of matter (And given that they're still tangible they obviously do.) so Luffy should be able to effect it just fine.

So, essentialy, battle starts, Luffy precogs and sees he will die fast if he doesn't stop monkeying around and takes this seriously, Mob hits him with a thought based TK attack or explosion, Luffy survives if it isn't Cutting damage or something that restrains him since equal LS (for now), uses G2 in the meanwhile and starts to pummel mob with several blitzworthy dura neg punches through his rubber barrier.

Seems like Luffy wins more times than not

Couldn't Mob also just stall out Luffy by using his AOE spherical shields while he passively absorbs Luffy's energy?
what does it mean Stall out? sorry english is not my native language

also if i recall Luffy should be resistant to energy absorption, tough i'm not sure

Couldn't Mob also just stall out Luffy by using his AOE spherical shields while he passively absorbs Luffy's energy?
Like said before, Luffy can turn his shield into rubber and Mob's energy drain is more for giving him unlimited mp and growing stronger rather than affecting an opponent that doesn't use energy attacks or relies on psychic energy

I think it's more like he can give things rubbery properties rather than straight up transmute matter into actual latex made of isoprene

well, luffy has feat of affecting lightning.. which is energy, supernatural energy or not.. it's still energy, unless it's proven to be more "complex" than literally affecting electrons, I don't see why we should assume that luffy couldn't give it rubbery properties so as to simply bypass it and hit with dura nega

I think it's more like he can give things rubbery properties rather than straight up transmute matter into actual latex made of isoprene
Why would that still stop a barrier from being effective? Luffy turns it into rubber, okay, it's still there, if anything, it reflects his own attacks back at him.
bruh what
There's a difference in the scope of what the two can do
well, luffy has feat of affecting lightning.. which is energy, supernatural energy or not.. it's still energy, unless it's proven to be more "complex" than literally affecting electrons, I don't see why we should assume that luffy couldn't give it rubbery properties so as to simply bypass it and hit with dura nega
Why should we assume he can? Lightning ≠ Psychic energy, they're not in anyway similar. Also all i remember is seeing him grab lightning. Isn't that just NPI?

couldn't Mob just hold him in place with telekinesis and suffocate him with a mass of random buildings or earth? he's done something similar before iirc, and Luffy still needs to breathe.

couldn't Mob just hold him in place with telekinesis and suffocate him with a mass of random buildings or earth? he's done something similar before iirc, and Luffy still needs to breathe.
the debris isn't gonna cover his mouth. Luffy has pre cog can always see this coming and jump. Maybe his tk can help hold him down.

it would be useless, Luffy can escape by either becoming giant or giving the buildings rubber properties rendering his escape easier

also what Arkenis just said

Why should we assume he can? Lightning ≠ Psychic energy, they're not in anyway similar. Also all i remember is seeing him grab lightning. Isn't that just NPI?
luffy literally turned the lightning into rubber, he didn't just grab it .

unless the psychic energy has something different or a special property that makes it "immune" to transmutation, then luffy should be able to affect it perfectly well, especially since this supernatural energy... it's still physical energy.

luffy literally turned the lightning into rubber, he didn't just grab it .

unless the psychic energy has something different or a special property that makes it "immune" to transmutation, then luffy should be able to affect it perfectly well, especially since this supernatural energy... it's still physical energy.
Physical? Literally nobody but other espers or spirits can interact with ESP

The force they can exert on a being is physical (Ragdoll, crush, blow them up) but the energy itself is intangible to anyone without psychic powers

thing is and this is something that it should be said, is that his transmutation comes actually from this

so i think it will definetly affect the ESP

No offense but it's like the people in this thread are incapable of critical thinking when it comes to comprehending Luffy's wincons.
Not a diss but a mere observation.

I guess it lingers on if ESP can be affected here or not. For one i know that the psychic energy itself is invisible to normal people, tho (wich gets countered by Luffy's mind reading)

between can you give your wincons for Luffy winnings?
Empowerment closes any stat amps, plus he has Transmutation and Subjective Reality, among other abilities.
I'm not too familiar with Mob's abilities so I can't say for sure he loses here but it's quite possible going off the profiles and what I at least know about Luffy.

Back