• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tien Shinhan has Immortality Type 1

I think that Roshi is refering that he can be killed same way as Tien, I think that Roshi is saying that he can't be killed and the only who stand a chance to "convince" Tien of not fighting

Proof? That contradict his statement?

Roshi refer to their immortalities being the same, they can't die of old age or natural causes, but they can still die in battle.

Tien is a triclops which I think Toriyama said in an interview were from a different planet.

Ether way he should at least have longevity.

Tien can also do the Mafuba, and Goku is immune to poison. (The Lady in Snake way also try to poison him remember, and it didn't work either.) Both feats in the lin:

http://*********.com/Manga/Dragon-Ball/Chapter-151?id=260737

I guess if it was stated that triclops doesn't die by aging we can write that in his profile, we I can't say that he is immortal for that chapter, he even was knocked by that spray, so he isn't immune to poison at all.

Base on what you can't say Tien has the same immortality as Roshi? When the chapter says otherwise.

What does been knocked out by a spray has to do with being immortal in the sense that you can't age or die of old age.

Goku is the one immune to poison, not Tien.

I just think that Roshi isn't being that literally, for example: why would he said that he has an advantage agaisnt Piccolo when that immortality isn't useful at battle? What I can interprete here is that Roshi said to Tien that he is immortal, the way that Piccolo can't kill him, in order that Tien doesn't interfere (didn't work tho); I more inclined to the Radical comment, so, if was stated previosly that they can't die by aging, we can change it

Roshi had the advantage, with the Mafuba, but he missed and failed. He then died from using it.

Of course, but it can also be interpreted as having the same immortality, which is still useless against Piccolo in battle, since both of them can still die.

The real cal howard said:
Poison kinda works in the same way as the heart virus that killed him. As in it shuts down your organs
A Virus have a lot of different agents, and it can't be considered poison in most cases, unless you can prove what type of virus Goku got, and how is related to poison, you can't compare the two. His virus was caused by his SSJ transformatin anyways, so i doubt you can prove it, in human terms.

Goku should still have Poison immunity for his two feats. Karin's poison water, and Snake ways poison food.

It was a play on words

Basically, he "indirectly" saying that he can die like Tien, and that his immortality wasn't Perfect

AidenBrooks999 said:
It was a play on words

Basically, he "indirectly" saying that he can die like Tien, and that his immortality wasn't Perfect
Yeah, that is what I'm trying to say

Being immune to poison means being unaffected by it. He was affected, therefore, he isnt immune. He wasnt killed, so, he is resistant to poison.

Edit: Tien at least should have longevity, or even type 1 immortality if what roshi said is reliable (which probably is).

Yeah, that resistent to poison for Goku.

It should be reliable, what would be the point of saying it, plus years later he still looks the same as he did in the beginning of Z, while all the others are old. That proof is longevity which is still classify as Immortality type 1 in the page.

Oh. Well either way, going by looks after "many years" as a reason for type 1 immortality isnt really concrete. We can say the same for Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and other characters who appear to not have aged after such a long time and we know for a fact they dont have longetivity. Unless im missing something, I don't think the same should apply to Tien based on this logic, someone who isnt even human to begin with.

Yeah, Roshi was just using an expression.

Which I agree, however is base on the logic that Roshi compare his Immortality to Tien's. Which was in Dragon Ball canon, he compare their immortality by suggesting that neither had a chance againts Piccolo since having Immortality type 1 won't save you from getting killed. (Someome mention above that Akira said that Tien's race was not from Earth, but from another planet.) Gt while not been canon, it still stays true to the original source, that's all.

Also, can someone add the Mafuba to his page.

Has Goku Immortality Type 1? Does Vegeta? Piccolo?

Yamcha? (Who, if pay attetion, aged as much as Tien)

Also, they are in their 40s, considering that they train routinely, they can't be any big change in aspect.

@Aiden and @Promestain are right, as I said, Roshi only used an expression/metaphore, and age slower =/= longevity (longevity implies that they'll never die by aging, when slower is just die when they have a high age)

Yes, he expressed that their immortalities are worthless in combat, since they can die.

Who said Tien age's slower? From where is this assumption coming?

God-King Superman77 said:
I think Piccolo has longevity.
No. There is no evidence or mention of that. It was even said that King Piccolo could die, as he grew older and weaker everytime he lay an egg.

@Hokage I meant he ages slower, not that he can't age. I disagree with longevity for Tien.

Roshi has Immortality type 1 (longevity), and he can't die of old age.

Base on what are people assuming that he age's slower?

Where was it said or show?

The only thing mention was that he had the same immortality as Roshi.

Back