• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tien and co. back to 5-C (Dragon Ball Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
joaquin-phoenix-laughing.gif

Just before replying to the whole thing... You know damn well this is not true.

They better not harp on that one damn point istg

I'm fine with the rating becoming a concrete one rather than a possible one. The statement, while not directly specifying what exactly is being compared here, as in if it's still just a generalized technique difference or a comparison between individual's usage of both techniques. I don't believe the statement explicitly proves both. I do however believe it does implicitly prove it's more so talking about a level of superiority of this technique above all other techniques. It specifically talks about how the technique used by Tien became the "most powerful lethal technique that had been seen in Dragon Ball".

Roshi's Max Power Kamehameha would be included in this statement since it's a lethal technique previously used in the series. Damage brought up the manga's explanation of the scene, which does more so talk about generalized technique differences in my honest opinion. But the problem with Damage's arguments is that none of those explanations actively disprove the databook statement. It's entirely possible for the technique in general to be above Kamehameha, while it's also possible that Tien's usage of the technique is above Roshi's Max Power Kamehameha. Both claims aren't inherently incompatible, both can be true in this situation. The statements in the manga also don't have just one valid interpretation in my opinion. So they aren't default defeaters to the claim.

So while the claim doesn't explicitly state such, I believe with the compounding evidence given, that it has enough credence to have a concrete rating. I would also be fine with it being upgraded to a likely rating as compromise if needed.

As for this scaling directly to stats or not, I'm neutral on it. I will let the debate continue on before commenting on it.

Frypan Kamehameha ≠ Max Power Kamehameha

A Kamehameha used by Roshi at full Power ≠ A MAX Power Kamehameha

The Daizenshuu says so.

All you guys proved was that it's a Kamehameha, which it is. It's just stronger.

The Legendary Guide says it's a kamehameha at its maximum potential.
It's stated to be a maximum power kamehameha, which makes it the strongest Kamehameha Roshi has used at that point, including superior to the one used at frypan, the one with the 180 power level, which he didn't say maximum power for.
The Daizenshuu confirms that the first time he ever used the Max Power Kamehameha is during the 21st, and the one he used was just a regular kamehameha used at full power.

Max Power Kamehameha used by Full Power Roshi ≠ Kamehameha used by Full Power Roshi

Frypan Kamehameha ≠ Max Power Kamehameha

A Kamehameha used by Roshi at full Power ≠ A MAX Power Kamehameha

The Daizenshuu says so.

All you guys proved was that it's a Kamehameha, which it is. It's just stronger.

The Legendary Guide says it's a kamehameha at its maximum potential.
It's stated to be a maximum power kamehameha, which makes it the strongest Kamehameha Roshi has used at that point, including superior to the one used at frypan, the one with the 180 power level, which he didn't say maximum power for.
The Daizenshuu confirms that the first time he ever used the Max Power Kamehameha is during the 21st, and the one he used was just a regular kamehameha used at full power.

Max Power Kamehameha used by Full Power Roshi ≠ Kamehameha used by Full Power Roshi
The Daizenshuu never said it was Roshi that used it. The user was JackIe Chun that's why it was stated again. It was the same as the frypan one except if you have some other scan.
I challenge you to give a reasonable explanation to how Roshi went from 139 to 180 in a few hours without doing any training at all.
An explanation from Damage stated that it was just Roshi raising the percent of his strenght. But considering the original kamehameha part and the fact that in all the others only the base pl is stated it's kinda weird to say it's just the power level of a higher percent Roshi. Even if that were the case if his full buff form has the same PL as Goku's and Tien's base it kinda would make sense for them to easily scale to it.

So while the claim doesn't explicitly state such, I believe with the compounding evidence given, that it has enough credence to be a concrete rating. I would also be fine with it being upgraded to a likely rating for a compromise if needed.

A Likely rating is fine with me too if it comes to it, for the record. I just don't believe it is solid based on all of the available evidence.

The Daizenshuu never said it was Roshi that used it. The user was JackIe Chun that's why it was stated again. It was the same as the frypan one except if you have some other scan.
THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON

Bro wtf

So do you want a scan for each Kamehameha used by different people if they're all the same?
Like now you're just being dishonest

I challenge you to give a reasonable explanation to how Roshi went from 139 to 180 in a few hours without doing any training at all.
Don't ask me I didn't make the guide I'm just literally saying they said perhaps. Hell I'm trying to get yall a compromise so don't bite the hand helping ya

THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON

Bro wtf

So do you want a scan for each Kamehameha used by different people if they're all the same?
No I'm literally saying that the reason they said it was because it was done under the appearance of of Jackie Chun. Nowhere is Roshi stated and it's done for fun as the previous picture shows Jackie Chun going full power. You can see that the person who did it is Jackie Chun and nowhere is Roshi stated. That move however is not included in the technigues Yellow posted because it was the same kamehameha Roshi used.

Right now I'm leaning to giving Tien outright 5-C via Kikoho and giving Tien, Goku and I suppose Roshi a likely 5-C rating.

No I'm literally saying that the reason they said it was because it was done under the appearance of of Jackie Chun. Nowhere is Roshi stated and it's done for fun as the previous picture shows Jackie Chun going full power. You can see that the person who did it is Jackie Chun and nowhere is Roshi stated. That move however is not included in the technigues Yellow posted because it was the same kamehameha Roshi used.
Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_11.52.59_PM.png

On top of that, it wouldn't mean shit

The same techniques used by different people would still have the same "first usage" moment.
This isn't a "character technique list", it's a "special attack list", and unless it says "first usage done here by a different person", it's the same

THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON

Bro wtf

Jackie Chun first appears in ch. 51
Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_11.17.48_PM.png

Jackie Chun's kamehameha appears in ch.51. Literally don't understand how you don't see this. The user is different for a reason. The same reason you are denying that they included because it was done under a disguise.

Literally the mountain FRY PAN one says with all his might and all of the energy in his body. It's literally the same thing. We see him gasping after Mt. Frypan. He literally couldn't go higher.

Yellow posted a list with all the technigues. Max power kamehameha is never stated as it's just a kamehameha. Super Kamehameha is stated though.

Jackie Chun first appears in ch. 51
Jackie Chun's first appearance is not chapter 51.
All that says is that's the chapter of the scan used (aka a reference), not the first time the technique was used.

You're not even listening
Screen_Shot_2023-08-06_at_11.17.48_PM.png

Jackie Chun's kamehameha appears in ch.51. Literally don't understand how you don't see this.
That is not the first time "Jackie Chun's Kamehameha" was used.
It's the first time The Max Power Kamehameha was used.
Jackie Chun was doing Kamehamehas in chapter 47.
Yellow posted a list with all the technigues. Max power kamehameha is never stated as it's just a kamehameha. Super Kamehameha is stated though.
Stop piggybacking off of Topaz and do your own research, cause if you did you'd see that Super Kamehameha and Max Power Kamehameha are under the same section of "Kamehameha"

Oh, okay, this is intentionally being disingenuous. Right. So that is the Daizenshuu 2. The final Daizenshuu 7 lists only Jackie Chun as the user of the MAX Power Kamehameha, whereas both the Kame-sennin and Jackie Chun are listed as users of the original.

Jackie Chun's first appearance is not chapter 51.
All that says is that's the chapter of the scan used (aka a reference), not the first time the technique was used.

You're not even listening

That is not the first time "Jackie Chun's Kamehameha" was used.
It's the first time The Max Power Kamehameha was used.
Jackie Chun was doing Kamehamehas in chapter 47.

Stop piggybacking off of Topaz and do your own research, cause if you did you'd see that Super Kamehameha and Max Power Kamehameha are under the same section of "Kamehameha"
Okay can't deny what you posted. I stand corrected.

• He could hurt him. You're saying it's such a big gap that only way Roshi could've kept up is with his full power strength
I never mentioned anything about you saying Roshi could draw blood from Tien. I said your argument of him hurting Tien makes no sense because Tien is the only one who has provable damage in that fight.

You're actually required to prove that Roshi did any damage to Tien. Believe it or not, you can't just talk outta nowhere!

Also yes I said Roshi is too inferior to Tien to ever consider beating him with his base form, that's the truth.

• Several Misinterpretations: Once at full power, he instantly blinded Roshi, made it harder for him to look. Tien after saying "full power" just blinded Roshi and cheap shotted him.
At this point I highly recommend you re-read the entire fight, because good god, you're arguing a strawman so hard.

Tien gave Roshi a cheap shot, and only AFTER ROSHI HAD ALREADY BEEN RECOVERED, he rushed him. It's a clear indication of superiority in strength and speed there, you can't blame the Taiyoken from 3 pages ago.

• They way they word it is that if Roshi kept fighting how he was, he would've lost.
"Interpretation is my passion".
I don't know what to tell you, this is just false. You were the one who went out of your way to explicitly point out that Tien knew Roshi wasn't at full power, and now is claiming that both Tien and Roshi are referring to Roshi's performance on the ring, and not taking said full power into account.

Oh wait, didn't you say Tien was never referring to Roshi's performance?.

Tien is absolutely assuming Roshi's full power wouldn't be enough, and Roshi is confirming it.

• when he fires the original kamehameha... like back on frypan..?
This isn't real... There is no way one could misinterpret the most basic statement ever.

No, Roshi didn't have a Power level of 180 on Chapter 14, Tempest. Can you believe it? It's his power level during the 22nd when he uses the original Kamehameha.

• the same Kamehameha but different naming for it. Like Super Kamehameha
You don't know how to use fallacies. It's not a false equivalent, I didn't equate anything, I pointed out that minor factors are enough for the guide to make identical techniques appear as two seperate ones, so the sole fact MAX Power is listed separately isn't enough to prove it's a different version. As you said, Kamehameha Deflection is there too.

Difference is, Super Kamehameha has a lot more statements of strength accross multiple guides.

• it's just a kamehameha, but much stronger. Just like Super Kamehameha.
It's just a Kamehameha, but with more energy imbued into it, yes! ... But not because the technique is stronger, but because Roshi himself has access to more energy in his buff form.

The Super Kamehameha itself has a greater strength with little deplet in stamina. MAX Power drains Roshi.

Daizenshuu 2 bundled all the Kamehameha together and then said Super Kamehameha is stronger.

• Roshi's regular kamehamehas wouldn't scale to that at all, neither would anyone else.
Again, it's a regular kamehameha, the user is just stronger.

Aight, I'm tired. I'll respond to the rest later.

Also, Shin is Buu level according to that logic of regeneration. Of course I'm joking but there is a lot more examples.

No, Roshi didn't have a Power level of 180 on Chapter 14, Tempest. Can you believe it? It's his power level during the 22nd when he uses the original Kamehameha.

But he never uses the Kamehameha during the 22nd Budokai, does he? (At least, not during his round)

This is the conclusion I came to after reading the thread.
Tien having the same power level as the original KameHameHa (180) should scale to this (Low 7-B), but the Kikoho should scale to 5-C
Or so I think... I know you don't care, but I wanted to say it

This is the conclusion I came to after reading the thread.
Tien having the same power level as the original KameHameHa (180) should scale to this (Low 7-B), but the Kikoho should scale to 5-C
Or so I think... I know you don't care, but I wanted to say it
Links broken

• He could hurt him. You're saying it's such a big gap that only way Roshi could've kept up is with his full power strength
I never mentioned anything about you saying Roshi could draw blood from Tien. I said your argument of him hurting Tien makes no sense because Tien is the only one who has provable damage in that fight.

You're actually required to prove that Roshi did any damage to Tien. Believe it or not, you can't just talk outta nowhere!
EWYdfuL.png
3GEjOSt.png
TL2z0av.png

Also yes I said Roshi is too inferior to Tien to ever consider beating him with his base form, that's the truth.

That is not the truth at all

Bro even the name of the chapter when they fought was "evenly matched" like what.
  • Several Misinterpretations: Once at full power, he instantly blinded Roshi, made it harder for him to look. Tien after saying "full power" just blinded Roshi and cheap shotted him.
At this point I highly recommend you re-read the entire fight, because good god, you're arguing a strawman so hard.

Tien gave Roshi a cheap shot, and only AFTER ROSHI HAD ALREADY BEEN RECOVERED, he rushed him. It's a clear indication of superiority in strength and speed there, you can't blame the Taiyoken from 3 pages ago.

He rushed him, got blocked, then landed one hit.
You need to get into more fights if you think 1 hit automatically means that it's clear that you're superior in strength and speed.
  • They way they word it is that if Roshi kept fighting how he was, he would've lost.
"Interpretation is my passion".
I don't know what to tell you, this is just false. You were the one who went out of your way to explicitly point out that Tien knew Roshi wasn't at full power, and now is claiming that both Tien and Roshi are referring to Roshi's performance on the ring, and not taking said full power into account.

Oh wait, didn't you say Tien was never referring to Roshi's performance?.

Tien is absolutely assuming Roshi's full power wouldn't be enough, and Roshi is confirming it.

He's not making any assumptions of his full power.
He's saying "he didn't use his full power, but if he kept fighting how he already was, he would've lost"
He can't make a measurement of his full power if he doesn't know his full power.
  • when he fires the original kamehameha... like back on frypan..?
This isn't real... There is no way one could misinterpret the most basic statement ever.

So his held back Kamehameha he used on Tien's sensei who's weaker than his physicals is at a 180 when his regular PL was 139?
On top of that, this is him when he's not "Jackie Chun" and when he's against Piccolo, when he doesn't use the Kamehameha, AKA serious base Roshi.
  • the same Kamehameha but different naming for it. Like Super Kamehameha
You don't know how to use fallacies. It's not a false equivalent, I didn't equate anything, I pointed out that minor factors are enough for the guide to make identical techniques appear as two seperate ones, so the sole fact MAX Power is listed separately isn't enough to prove it's a different version. As you said, Kamehameha Deflection is there too.

Difference is, Super Kamehameha has a lot more statements of strength accross multiple guides.

You don't use fallacies. Fallacies aren't "I summon fallacies".
A fallacy is a bad argument. You have a bad argument.

You're saying that they're both noted as separate techniques when they aren't, aka you trying to equate them.

The Kamekameha is noted as a different technique.
The Max Power Kamehameha is noted as the same technique, but a different version of it. Same as the Max Power Kamehameha.
  • it's just a kamehameha, but much stronger. Just like Super Kamehameha.
It's just a Kamehameha, but with more energy imbued into it, yes! ... But not because the technique is stronger, but because Roshi himself has access to more energy in his buff form.

The Super Kamehameha itself has a greater strength with little deplet in stamina. MAX Power drains Roshi.

Daizenshuu 2 bundled all the Kamehameha together and then said Super Kamehameha is stronger.

The Super Kamehameha does not have a little depletion of stamina. Goku just has a crap ton of stamina.
  • Roshi's regular kamehamehas wouldn't scale to that at all, neither would anyone else.
Again, it's a regular kamehameha, the user is just stronger.
This is false for reasons above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back