• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tien and co. back to 5-C (Dragon Ball Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don't work
It's this
latest.png

What do you think that means?

Because as far as I can tell, that's just an explanation of who Roshi is. Not a statement about his Power Level.
That's a valid interpretation, I suppose
However, someone with a Power Level of 177 surpassing him makes it pretty dubious

Roshi never used the Kamehameha in the King Piccolo Saga. His only attack in the entire story arc before dying was the Mafuba.
"He fires the original Kamehameha" appears to be a funny way of saying "He invented the technique".
If we take that approach, we might as well just say that the Guide is wrong since it puts someone we already accept as above Roshi (Yamcha: 177) below him (Roshi: 180)

If we take that approach, we might as well just say that the Guide is wrong since it puts someone we already accept as above Roshi (Yamcha: 177) below him (Roshi: 180)
That is fine, too. Weekly Shonen Jump's and the Daizenshuu's lists of Power Levels are conflicting in nature, and the former makes mistakes like placing Kami below Demon King Piccolo. Then again, Bulma could have captured Yamcha inactive, rather than actively raising his Ki. They had only just reached The Lookout.

Casual Mr. Popo > Goku during Raditz. Yeah it's not very trustworthy. So back to 139 casual after training for 22nd Budokai. We will make what we can with that.

Wouldn't exactly say the Daizenshuu's Power Levels are very reliable either.
Bos Goku PL doesn't really contradict anything as PL really don't have any way to be scaled. I don't think Pl was ever accepted as linear. Also couldn't understand the issue with Roshi?

I don't think Pl was ever accepted as linear.
Straight from the-
...horse's mouth?
Also couldn't understand the issue with Roshi?
Roshi implies that 139 is his limit when Krillin suggests he can easily trump his strength.

Also, where'd this "casual" footnote originate? The 139 metric refers to the Jackie Chun that fought Tien. His accompanying image is a depiction of an active exertion of strength, the page before he used the Afterimage Strike, and 139 is the only available metric, which implies that is his "maximum" power.

This is further substantiated by the fact that Beginning of Z Goku and Piccolo are listed with their unweighted Power Levels, rather than their weighted and unweighted Power Levels. It appears as if the list covers their maximum abilities demonstrated, with the exception of Gohan, as his power fluctuates.

The wiki claims that's Goku's power when using the Super Kamehameha in the 23rd Budokai. Do you have a source that contradicts that?
Ah, yes.

Weekly Shonen Jump, which never clarifies whether the Power Level refers to his normal strength or his Kamehameha. The number is shown to broadly represent his strength against Piccolo Jr. but before reaching 8,000 after his training with King Kai.

Is the number likely referring to his Kamehameha? Likely. But y'know.

Okay, I'll acknowledge KingTempest, Damage and everyone's conclusions of this, I believe we can reach a compromise. I'll make a big post summarizing what we already agree with. We've already debated enough and made ourselves clear, so what I will try to do is;
  • Summarize all the evidence
  • Acknowledge everyone's points
  • Gather votes for the most acceptable conclusions (we will do three ends)
So there will be no need to go in circles about this anymore. I just need to confirm, is everyone okay with that?

Ah, yes.

Weekly Shonen Jump, which never clarifies whether the Power Level refers to his normal strength or his Kamehameha. The number is shown to broadly represent his strength against Piccolo Jr. but before reaching 8,000 after his training with King Kai.

I'm not familiar with Weekly Shonen Jump's presentation of power levels. That's why I am asking.

Ah, yes.

It directly contradicts the source material, and better guides so it likely shouldn't be taken into account. (Not saying it's unusable, just discard the incorrect info)

Okay, I'll acknowledge KingTempest, Damage and everyone's conclusions of this, I believe we can reach a compromise. I'll make a big post summarizing what we already agree with. We've already debated enough and made ourselves clear, so what I will try to do is;
So there will be no need to go in circles about this anymore. I just need to confirm, is everyone okay with that?
Fully onboard with that. If someone wants to reopen the topic at a later date they can do so but for now I don't think anymore more can be said.

Sure, we're at...over 270 posts now. That should be more than sufficient.

Let me get this straight OP is arguing that Max Power Roshi scales to the super kamehameha since he has to be that powerful to shoot off the attack? Is the argument here that max power roshi = super kamehameha?

But the attack has to be somewhat larger than his own power level so I don't see why roshi would completely scale to this normally. I know that Roshi has to be max power to shoot off the attack but he still wouldn't completely scale to it.

Let me get this straight OP is arguing that Max Power Roshi scales to the super kamehameha since he has to be that powerful to shoot off the attack? Is the argument here that max power roshi = super kamehameha?

But the attack has to be somewhat larger than his own power level so I don't see why roshi would completely scale to this normally. I know that Roshi has to be max power to shoot off the attack but he still wouldn't completely scale to it.
We're waiting on a summary post to finalize things and get final opinions so for now lets just wait on that as to not stir up new arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back