• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From what I can gather, several MCU characters are High 6-B because of 2 calcs. Those being Thanos crushing the Tesseract, and Thor tanking a neutron star. However, as pointed out by Podonklos, the Tesseract calc gives a result in watts, which cannot be converted directly to joules, thus the feat is unquantifiable without more information about the Tesseract. The only real issue with the neutron star calc is that it assumes the radius of the Nidavallir is 10000 meters, whereas Comic Books vs the World found the radius to be 753 meters , and Aquatic_Pianist on Spacebattles found the radius to be 656.18 meters. Two separate sources found the radius of Nidavallir to be 650-750 meters, thus consistency. Plugging in both numbers: (5.67e-8*1000000^4)*(4*pi*753^2)/49.539*1.14 = 9.2969499e+21 joules or 2.22202 teratons (Small Country Level), (5.67e-8*1000000^4)*(4*pi*656.18^2)/49.539*1.14 = 7.059867e+21 joules or 1.68735 teratons (Small Country Level).

Sorry, I explained that poorly. Pondklos' point was that a timeframe would be needed to quantify the feat, and that emissivity only tells you how fast temperature would be lost.

Yeah I always thought the Neutron Star was smaller than 20 kilometers.

I think they'd only drop to country since Thor makes the storm over Wakanda or would that not count for base Thor since he already had Stormbreaker.

Well the Wakanda storm calc was done before storm revisions, so I'm not sure if it could still be used.

@Spino

Thank you for the help.

Well I agree with the neutron star part. However, we usually just directly convert Watts to Joules, so what exactly is the issue here for the Tesseract calc?

However said:
Sorry, I explained that poorly. Pondklos' point was that a timeframe would be needed to quantify the feat, and that emissivity only tells you how fast temperature would be lost.

I think we use Watts for feats that happen over a prolonged period of time, and Joules for short attacks. Not sure which this case would be.

Basically the Tesseract calc is calculating the durability of the Tesseract, which it was heated for a prolonged period of time. So I think Watts is ok to use in that case.

Though since Thanos is significantly stronger than Thor, I would suggest that Thanos stay at High 6-B while Thor and co. be Low 6-B.

I'll just quote what the other guy said

Major problem with this calculation is that you're getting an answer in Watts and displaying the result in Joules. This feat isn't quantifiable without more information on the Tesseract.

As an example, if we assume the Tesseract is as dense as granite and has a specific heat coefficient of water (one of the highest materials in this category) then this would calculate out like this:

1. The Tesseract has a volume of 0.002 m^3 (0.12 m x 0.12 m x 0.12 m)

2. The Tesseract has a mass of 5.5 kg (0.002 m^3 x 2750 kg/m^3)

3. Water has a specific heat coefficient of 4.186 J/g K, meaning it'd take about 2.7e12 J or 660 Tons of TNT to heat the Tesseract to this temperature, not teratons

The emissivity just tells you how fast the Tesseract will lose this temperature, not how much energy it's tanking or emitting. You can't know that without a timeframe.

@Qawsedf234

1. The calculation is calculating the heat transferred via radiation and conduction. I don't understand how that isn't the durability of the Tesseract.

2. The "example" seems pretty weird. The calc isn't about heating up water or whatever.

I don't get the point either since I don't really know what the calc is based on. I'm just quoting what Dino W mentioned was the opposition.

Though since Thanos is significantly stronger than Thor, I would suggest that Thanos stay at High 6-B while Thor and co. be Low 6-B.

I don't think that is reasonable,he gets downgraded along with everyone.

I feel it would be somewhat strange for Thanos, as well as Bleeding Edge Iron Man, to be hundreds of times stronger than the Hulk, Base Thor, Hela, Surtur, and Odin.

Actually, if you plug in the average temperature of a neutron star (600,000K) as suggested by ComicBookMyths. You would get (5.67e-8*600000^4)*(4*pi*656.18^2)/49.539*1.14 = 9.14958e+20 joules or 218.67514 gigatons (Large Island level), (5.67e-8*600000^4)*(4*pi*753^2)/49.539*1.14 = 1.20488e+21 joules or 287.96745 gigatons (Large Island level). More consistent with Surtur destroying Asgard, but less so with Captain Marvel tanking Kree Ballistic Missles.

What was the ballistic missile's yield again?

Also yeah I never knew why we wenty with the star being the size we did.

Unsure.

That said I think we could bump the MCU top Tiers down to Low 6-B if needed (Works out well with some DCEU revisions I'm planning)

I think Thanos should be downgraded, as the Hulk was able to throw him around, and Thanos strained to overpower Hulk. Also, BE Iron Man scales to Thanos, which would mean he is hundreds of times stronger than Base Thor.

3 for downgrade, 1 against

Back