• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Vytal Festival Bracket. (High 8-C User Team Brackets)

Would Liu Kang as my main be okay here? I know we already have a few MK people here already but wanna ask

What about people that are listed as at least building level plus like say Bart or Homer? Iirc they wouldn't be one shotted by Yang

Main characters are limited to 2 per verse, and Scorpion and Kenshi are already in.
However, if you find another character to use as a main, you can put Liu Kang in your back up, since they aren't affected by the rule

Aight, what about Lupin the 3rd? He's High 8-C but idk how high exactly (He'd also likely need prep time I guess?)

Last edited:
Well in that case I don't really have anything else I can think of, I was thinking Bart Simpson I guess (Iirc he's high enough that he wouldn't be oneshotted by Yang at least)

Overlord unironically isn’t strong enough to beat most of these top tier people. MHA Mirio? He’s also fine, he has one gimmick and is skilled as a top student but he’s not impossible to hit, as the show itself demonstrates.

You're pretty wrong (He is VERY versatile, but he mostly just chooses his vanilla abilities and Signs, plus has few resistances), but he's not that OP. If he was bloodlusted though, that's a different story. He would rekt 3/4 of his tier.

Aight could I use Aang as my main and Lupin the 3rd as my backup?

Fair,he just always seemed a little lackluster in fights.
Well, that's because we made a Standard Tactics page for him so he could be pretty organized in fights, rather than just throw anything in matches. Otherwise, his arguments for winning would always be like "Axii GG" or "Quen GG", like he uses it every time under any circumstances.

If Geralt will be an actual problem though, there are many other interesting and versatile Witcher characters, like Vilgefortz, Saskia, Dettlaff and the likes. Even Ciri could fit. (Their AP is only little bit away from High 8-C)

Last edited:
Okay, how about best girl Rem? Dunno her AP tho

Okay, how about best girl Rem? Dunno her AP tho

4.8 Tons of TNT

Aight, woke up. Going over the recent entries.

Will note that when I went to sleep, we were close to the max number of users, so not everyone might have made it in.

Well, Lupin need to reasonably beaten Yang in a one-on-one fight. Not sure if he can do that with such a huge AP difference

hey is izuru fair ?
hqdefault.jpg

Is there something that massively changed Digimon and made it's High 8-Cs fair to run against RWBY characters

Lung is fine but kind of hilarious in team matches.

I don't know which of them is better in terms of versatility and/or hax for this tournament, but I choose Marco and our dearly beloved Son Goku

Is there a rule about optional equipment/transformations? Or the characters can use all they have in their profile, as long as it is the proper tier?
Looks good. Transformations are allowed so long as they do not make the character stomp Yang.

Aight could I use Aang as my main and Lupin the 3rd as my backup?
Rem/Lupin are fine, sure.

hey is izuru fair ?
hqdefault.jpg

I feel like he stomps Yang.

And that's 24 entries. @00potato and @Mariogoods have until 11:59 PM, PST today to change their entries to fit the bracket or justify their entries as in-tier. If either fail to do this I'll enter @Zencha9 in their place. At that time I will randomize teams and create group chats via the Forum's PM system to discuss picks for round 2/3.

Well, if Zencha wants to run a character they're technically next in line if potato/Mario don't respond to my issues with their entries.

What about those digimon are unfair?
The AP seems close and you can put them in non-smurf mode since they lack hax.
Check the verse page it explains everything, if you are still worried I can change to
Wax man and Large dog

I’d rather not have to worry about physiological abilities for Digimon, I’ve run brackets with them before and they’re typically problematic. I’m fine with the changes, though.

Yeah that is valid. Even in re:arise they still have a bit of hax. Baroque Works should work though (if you are wondering the AP is about 8.5 tons.)

Gotcha.

That just leaves Mario. Which means I’m good for one more entry assuming he doesn’t respond by the end of today.

Back