• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Second VS Wiki Holy Grail War (Season 1)

Before I can hear Jeanne's answer, the creepy old servant from before suddenly appears, yelling:

"Jeanne, use your Luminosite Eternelle! Now!"

Before I can get a word in, Jeanne complies and the two of them vanish without a trace.

This old man is trouble. For some reason I can't rely on my future sense when he's involved. I need to get rid of him as soon as possible.

[Whatever Caster sees through Clairvoyance]

"Where did she go? Caster, do you know something?" Saber asks me.

This is very troubling indeed. I have to-

My train of thought is interrupted by a loud noise.

"If there is a priest here I'll like to confess I sped too hard in the city and yo everyone."

A new servant suddenly crash landed into the church (I'll have to find a new hideout soon.) I don't have to worry about him too much though. He'll probably leave on his own once he realizes my territory is making him lose mana.

Suddenly Saber attacks him, yelling, "GILGAMESH!!!". Someone she knows?

Or maybe she'll drive him out instead.

I leave those two to their business and go to wake up Chloe. I'm about to head out and I can't leave her here all by herself.

By the time we return, Saber looks visibly annoyed, but the other guy is gone.

[I told you. I'm out of plans]

[I would never have forced anyone to become my possession... but alright, let's go wih this]

[If you become my possession, I can't actually force you to do anything... that's not how it works. You don't become my magically bound slave or something, but I'll assume Jeanne is misunderstanding. So what Nameless Ruler wants if Jeanne becomes his possession... perhaps something to do with her reminding him of last war's Saber, and he wants another companion/queen in PS]

[I'll let you write it]

[Then comes new thread]

[Wait i don't get what happened with caster and saver plus what this war ruler did to make hell lol]

TISSG7Redgrave said:
[Wait i don't get what happened with caster and saver plus what this war ruler did to make hell lol]
[Which Saver are you referring to? Me or Llama?]

[Nothing really happened with Caster. Just his little POV. Like, when you break in the church, he didn't give a f*ck and flirting with his Master. Then, when he came back, you and Saber has already done your fight.]

[This war's Ruler killed Assassin.]

Ramesses the Sun King said:
['k. I'll continue from where you left. Though i have to say, not even a single day passed from that point.]

[0. Hizack is nowhere to be found, don't worry about him.]

[1. Ruler observe the church from faraway.]

[2. Me and Saber confused about our appearance. Assassin used all of her NPs to one-shot me.]

[3. I used LE to defense, Saber used Invisible Blast and forced Assassin to retreat.]

[4. You got there. Saber duel me and we have a little fight.]

[5a. Caster had a deal with Helena - Saber's Master.]

[5b. Saver Llama stopped our fight with TTBB and get away.]

[6a. Jeanne, Saber, Caster with their masters enter the church.]

[6b. Ruler go to Assassin's place.]

[7a. Caster asks Jeanne to tell her plan.]

[7b. Ruler kills Liz - Assassin's Master.]

[7c. Ex-Ruler take Liz's head to his PW via TTBB (outside time and space, no real time passed for this action. Like cat in the box theory, Liz is live and die all at the same time).]

[8a. Assassin faded.]

[8b. Ex-Ruler take Assassin to his PW via TTBB (outside time and space, no real time passed for this action. Like cat in the box theory, Assassin is live and die all at the same time).]

[9a. Llama get in the church, take Jeanne to the ESB via TTBB (outside time and space, no real time passed for this action). Jeanne hadn't given her answer to Caster.]

[9b. Ex-Ruler take Jeanne to his PW.]

[10a. Rider break into the church.]

[10b. Jeanne meet Assassin on PW. Ex-Ruler want Jeanne to become his possession to save Assassin or he will let Assassin die.]

[11a. Saber vs Rider. A little fight.]

[11b. Caster don't give a f*ck and flirt out with his Master.]

[12a. Ex-Ruler killed Ruler and shapeshifted to him.]

[12b. Rider got away after giving Saber some ticket to water park.]

[12c. Caster and Chloe (his Master) return after Rider left.]

[All of above happened in one night only.]

[Ex-Ruler's PW also has Ars Paulina. So right now, Assassin and her Master is alive and dead, both at the same time. The moment Ex-Ruler throw them out of his RM, the world will instantly take place and they'll die. As long as they stay in Ars Paulina, concept of death doesn't exist so even though only Liz's head was there, she's still alive. Right now we're inside Ars Paulina. And we're waiting for Monarch to create new thread, too.]

[@Ramesses might be worth noting that Ruler was pretending to be Lancer when he attacked Assassin's place.]

[@Owari, I didn't actually say that she had Jack's memories, just that she had the one bit of knowledge from Jack "I was killed by Jeane D'arc" without any explanation to how, when, why, etc. And feel free to enjoy hugging the loli as much as you like!]

[Edit: whoops, mixed up who was Lancer and Archer… I seem to do that a lot.]

As i finish my word, Assassin stands up. She's trembling, but a little calmer now i believe. She doesn't cry any more. She slowly walks to us and faces MoClone. Then, she speaks her thought:

- Who… you are? You're not. Not the one who killed me. You aren't the Lancer, right?

Her tone is a little off, but she's trying her best to tell us. And then, she turns to me and says:

- Why did you kill me? Why are you different?

Huh? What did she just ask? And who is she looking to? Who is she asking? I turn around to see, no one is behind me right now. Then, i turn to her again. She's still looking at me, unwavering eyes. Yes, without a doubt, she's talking to me, she's asking me. This is strange, i haven't seen her before. How could i kill her? With confusion in my voice, i say:

- I... killed you...?

- Yes...

- But... this is my first time... i haven't met you before... then... no way... you're also... a Servant with memory from another world...?

She slightly nods. So there's also another world where i killed a little girl like her? But... i... there's no way i can... no... It's not my fault... that was another me... but she's also me... So if i was in her world before, i would do the same... i would kill her... No... i... no...

- Snap it off!

MoClone's yell cuts my line of thought and bring me back to my sense. Then, he continues:

- What you did in another world have no sense with what you are right now. Because you didn't do that. In another world, you killed her. But in this world, you wanted to save her, right? Just because you killed her in another world doesn't mean you have to kill her again in this world.

- But i...

- No but! Or are you telling me if you from that world love a guy, you right now have to love that guy, too?

- L... l... lllll... love...!?

How can he say something as embarrassing as that? My face got blushed just by imagining me from another world fell in love with someone. I kneel before Assassin and use her as a shield to hide my blushing face from that man. He walks next to Assassin, pats her on the head and says:

- She is different from that Jeanne who killed you. You understand, right?

Assassin looks at me, just like that for several seconds of silence. Then, she turns to MoClone and nods. This make me relieved, more like my guilty feeling toward her lessen down just by a simple action like that. I took some breath to calm down, then stand up and ask MoClone:

- She said you didn't kill her but Lancer did. Then why did you say that you killed her?

- Just to test your reaction. Remind me of someone i knew 60 years ago. I killed the murderer, so you don't have to worry about it.

- I see... you're not a bad guy... but then, why did you want me to become your possession?

- Living alone for 60 years, even if that was heaven, the unlimited boredom is unbearable, you know? For 60 years, all i can do is sitting and observing many parallel worlds. Observing other worlds is like wandering inside many dreams, all you can do is watch. Ahh... When will i awaken from this dream?

- Erm... what do you mean? I don't get it at all...

- Not so important. Just a punishment from a girl who stick with her ideal till the bitter end. Anyway, because of being a lonely king is boring, i want you to become my queen.

- Erm... i'm sorry... can you repeat what you just...

- Become my queen.

I instantly take out my Hades's cap, wear it and slowly take my distance with him. But then he yells out to me:

- That cap won't help, you know? I can easily see your tomato face.

I take out my cap, then grab rocks from the ground and throw them at him, multiple times, while saying:

- Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....! H.... h..h.h.h.h....how can you say "become my queen" with a straight face like that!? You shameless man! This isn't something you should ask a holy maiden!

Assassin is smiling and singing something like "tsun-tsun dere-tsun dere-tsun-tsun". I don't understand what is she singing, but i don't feel so comfortable about it. MoClone can easily dodges my rock and gives me his reply:

- I'm joking, just want you to be my friend. Though, messing with you is fun. You're just like that girl.

- I don't know about that whoever she is you're talking about, ok? If just your friend, ok, i will. But i still have my job to do. Please, let me finish my goal, i have to save them. After that, i'll come back here. I promise.

He looks at me, blankly. Then, with a big sigh, he says:

- The road ahead of you isn't that easy. Maybe you won't have your chance to fulfill that promise. Anyway, it's already midnight. Stay here and rest. I'll let you return to your world when the morning come.

He disappear after finished his line. After that, i use my Pain Breaker to save Liz. I do have some doubt in my PB, but guess he was right. Even though there was only her head left, i can return her back to her shape, safe and sound (this including the hand Assassin cut off at first). Assassin and Liz spend many hours to talk about many thing, they are really happy about this. But at the same time, they don't want to return to that war. I can understand their fear after that massacre, i don't want them to return, too. This is a nice place, they can spend sometime here to recover. Then, we sleep together on a grassfield. Remind me of my time when i was still a farmer, sleeping on grassfield is very good for sweet dream.

When the sun rise and shine, MoClone come to us. Guess it's my time to say goodbye. Liz asks me to free her prisoners at her base in Midtown East. She understands why her gramp doesn't want her to join this war now, so this is the least she can do. So she isn't that bad, huh? She also gives me a sword named Sensou no Owari and tells me to give it to Saber's Master. But, Assassin tells me about her base has already been destroyed by an explosion, so it's more like search for survivors than prisoner. And for some unknown reason, she says Saber's Master want my NP Pain Breaker. MoClone creates a crack on his Reality Marble and tells me to go inside. As i pass through it, i find myself on the top of the ESB. That old man (Llama) was here, he was waiting for me? Or did he just return from somewhere? The moment he saw me, he asks:

- You haven't become his possession?

- I have to finish what i have started.

- Hah... more work to do...

He disappears, just like everytime. He reminds me of Gilles. A nice guy who always protect me whenever i need him. Though that princess-carry is a little... anyway, i'll try and finish Liz's request first. I wear my Hades's cap on, turn to spirit form and walk to the Birdhouse in Midtown East...

[Nice Owari~ There were a few more things I was planning to do before Jeanne left, it's mainly gonna be about your promise to Liz, so I'm gonna need to ask that you make a few edits. Also, currently Liz can't talk, and is therefore talking through telepathy with ???. She also is more timid than before. And keep in mind the building all the captives were in was destroyed. Liz may not know this, but ??? does, so she'd ask you to look for any survivors rather than free them (which ??? already did). Now to continue from where I left it.]

I kept staring straight at Jeanne, she knows it wasn't directed at the man, yet she still can't understand I was asking her. She looks around, is she checking to see if there's someone else? She eventually looks back, and I look straight into her eyes. I try to keep my Liz's thoughts from distracting me. Don't waver Question, you need to watch carefully. Make sure her answer isn't a lie. She responds, confusion clear in her voice.

"I... killed you...?" It seems genuine.

"Yes..." (?)

"But... this is my first time... i haven't met you before... then... no way... you're also... a Servant with memory from another world...?" Not quite right, all I remember is 'Jeanne D'Arc killed me' but I shouldn't break her train of thoughts, so I just nod. She's beginning to panic. It seems she doesn't know. Then it was a different Jeanne? What a relief.

The look on Jeanne's face intensifies. She looks like she's about to lose it. Maybe that was too far, oh well. The man cuts in, "Snap it off!" It's intimidating, I get caught off guard and freeze up for a moment.

"What you did in another world have no sense with what you are right now. Because you didn't do that. In another world, you killed her. But in this world, you wanted to save her, right? Just because you killed her in another world doesn't mean you have to kill her again in this world."

"But I..."

"No but! Or are you telling me if you from that world love a guy, you right now have to love that guy, too?" He uses weird metaphors, doesn't he?

"L... l... lllll... love...!?" And yet they still work…

Jeane's panicking for a completely different reason now, instead of being too guilty to look at me, she kneels down behind me and tries to hide her face in my back. That man walks up to me, pats me on the head, and tries to hide the fact that he's on the verge of bursting into laughter as he looks at Jeanne's face while he talks to me. "She is different from that Jeanne who killed you. You understand, right?"

He's right, we both knew that was the answer. Yet I still look towards Jeanne for a few seconds, the slightest hint of pity in my eyes. She still doesn't realize the man has been staring at her the whole time. I turn back towards the man, my eyes turn apathetic, and I nod.

Jeanne takes a few breaths, calming down, and finally re-asks the other big question, "She said you didn't kill her but Lancer did. Then why did you say that you killed her?"

"Just to test your reaction. Remind me of someone i knew 60 years ago. I killed the murderer, so you don't have to worry about it." (R) That's all? I direct more pity to Jeanne.

"I see... you're not a bad guy... but then, why did you want me to become your possession?" (J) Possession? They mentioned that before too. What do they mean by become his possession?

"Living alone for 60 years, even if that was heaven, the unlimited boredom is unbearable, you know? For 60 years, all i can do is sitting and observing many parallel worlds. Observing other worlds is like wandering inside many dreams, all you can do is watch. Ahh... When will i awaken from this dream?" Woah! He's an old man! I wonder who's older, him or teleporting Oldie [??? calls EX-Saver "Oldie"]

"Erm... what do you mean? I don't get it at all..." (J)

"Not so important. Just a punishment from a girl who stick with her ideal till the bitter end. Anyway, because of being a lonely king is boring, i want you to become my queen." . . . The plot thickens!

"Erm... I'm sorry... can you repeat what you just..." The red appearing on Jeanne's face isn't as nice as blood red.

"Become my queen." At least 41 years… let's not think about it. Instead, I'll think about this, the way he said that, it sounds like his "possessions" could stay around after the war. Does that mean… it'd become possible for me to watch over my Liz? But my Liz's thoughts cut off that train of thought, and in a moment Jeanne's invisible. I turn to where I would've gone if I were her.

"That cap won't help, you know? I can easily see your tomato face." And suddenly, RedAsATomato, Jeanne reappears right where I'm looking. With Rocks in her hands. Aiming at the man. I can't help smiling a little, get him! But he keeps dodging.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....! H.... h..h.h.h.h....how can you say 'become my queen' with a straight face like that!? You shameless man! This isn't something you should ask a holy maiden!" As she screams that, I realize my Liz calmed down a bit, and is singing in my mind, so I smile brightly and start singing along out loud.

"Tsun-tsun dere-tsun dere-tsun-tsun" I wonder what it means, I'll have to find out once my Liz is able to think and communicate properly.

"I'm joking, just want you to be my friend. Though, messing with you is fun. You're just like that girl." (R)

"I don't know about that whoever she is you're talking about, ok? If just your friend, ok, i will. But i still have my job to do. Please, let me finish my goal, i have to save them. After that, i'll come back here. I promise." (J) After those two things are said, my Liz stops singing, there's a bit of disappointment in her eyes. Did I not sing well enough?!

"The road ahead of you isn't that easy. Maybe you won't have your chance to fulfill that promise. Anyway, it's already midnight. Stay here and rest. I'll let you return to your world when the morning comes." (R) After that the man disappears.

Jeanne thinks for a moment, then comes towards me and says "Assassin, can I see… um, Liz?" I stare blankly for a moment, she's already right in your line of sight though. Then she reaches out her hand, and I realize what she meant. She wants me to give her my Liz. My hair bursts forward, and mist starts appearing from my body, closely followed by a dense Qi. I won't let anyone touch my Liz again!

But Jeanne calls out, "Wait! I can heal her." I immediately gasp, then retract my hair and mist, and stop releasing Qi. I walk towards Jeanne, and pass her my Liz's head. Liz panics for a moment, but I telepathically tell her "don't worry, I'm confident we can trust her."

I wasn't confident at all. But I couldn't face my Liz if I ignored this opportunity, right? Jeanne chants out "Let all things return to the unchanging peace, as All Flaws Must be Repaired. Pain Breaker!" And with that a light envelopes my Liz, it seems as if time is being rewound as her body parts return one by one, eventually even both her arms are regrown.

I quickly look to where I put down her arms, and gasp as I think, infinite Liz arms! No… bad Question! You can't Flowers for Algernon your taste in arms! What does that even mean!? Whatever, you can't get so many arms of my Liz, if you have endless of them how could other arms compare? Don't even talk about normal people, how could even the arms of the other servants you met, or the command seal arm of that Helena girl, or the arms of my Liz's family compare? Just stick to the two you got and the two she has.

After a bit, I look up from my deep thoughts, my Liz is hiding behind me, she's adorable! Meanwhile Jeanne is standing there looking between us concerned. Once I ascertain her location, I turn around and hug my Liz tightly, nearly crying. "You're okay!"

My Liz does cry, as she says to me, "Ah, ah ah, ah". Her mind's still cloudy from fear and shock. Dying like that must have been terrible, and then she was left alone here as nothing but an agonized head until I showed up. Those minutes must have felt like an eternity. And then before she could put herself together enough to recognize me, it had seemed to her like some stranger showed up and picked up her head, crying over it. I won't let my Liz go through anything like that again. We talk for a while, partially out loud, partially in our heads. I do most of the talking, since even with telepathy, Liz's having trouble forming clear sentences.

Once we've talked, it's already been three hours. I tell Jeanne we don't plan on going back to the war. She shows the slightest hint of surprise, but then nods understandingly. Then we all sleep on the grass. Quickly I run into a problem. Jeanne is tightly hugging me from behind as she goes to sleep. I turn around, touch my forehead and nose to hers, and then hug her head closer to mine. Our lips almost touch. When she starts freaking out, I yell "I am not a hug pillow! Hmph." She reluctantly lets go, and I start thinking maybe she wasn't only hugging me for my benefit earlier… Then I turn around and start using my Liz as a hug-pillow.

After a bit Jeanne falls asleep. My Liz and I both get up from our fake sleep once we've watched her breathing for a bit for irregularities. We head over to where I dropped the sword, Sensou no Owari, switch it to healing mode, and I begin writing a message based on my Liz's instructions. I add in a few touches of my own. It reads "Hey Helena, it's been a while. I was also participating in the war. My servant and I survived the attack on the Birdhouse, but I can't say the same for the rest of the residents, so we're leaving the war. Watch over Jeanne for us, we owe her our lives, and she should be able to help you too. Now then, about this gift. This thing's the original Sensou no Owari, my Gramps has been keeping it a secret from Mr Shirou for the last 60 years. It wasn't actually destroyed, it simply was left behind by that Caster, and my Gramps went to pick it up. You should know this yourself, but its connection to that Owari should be strong from the stories I've heard, maybe it'll help. Though I'm mainly giving it to you cause I don't need it anymore, alright? Lastly, the one who attacked us was supposedly killed, we'd thought he was a Lancer at first, but we have reason to think it might have been a different servant now. Be careful, it'd be inconvenient if you died. If you find Lancer, try not to let Jeanne come into contact with him. I don't know why, but I guess it must be something that'll turn out poorly.

-Liz and Assassin"

I have to try really hard to not write my Liz at the end. When I read out the letter to my Liz, I skip over a few points that I added and repeat some parts as needed. Liz nods, happy with our work, and we attach the letter to the healing blade of Sensou no Owari, then switch it to the wind blade. This way the message will stay hidden until the healing blade is pulled out.

After that we return to Jeanne and go to sleep. When the Sun rises the man comes for us. In a moment my Liz is hiding behind me, but when Jeanne starts saying goodbye she runs up and tugs her sleeve. Jeanne turns around and looks surprised, she asks my Liz what's wrong. After a moment I realize this is my part. I jump in and try to roughly replicate what my Liz wants to say. "She says, 'thank you for your help, I need to ask to be allowed to inconvenience you again with a few things. "First, please take this sword to Helena, Saber's master. Tell them it's from Liz, who's alright, and that it's called Sensou no Owari. Also, we'd like you to free the people we'd imprisoned at our home. I understand why they were so against getting involved in the war now.'"

I pause for a moment and lean in close to Jeanne to quietly tell her, "It's too early to tell my Liz, but the building was destroyed, I doubt many survived, so please find any survivors. Also, if you see any magic items, texts, or blueprints around the wreckage, please hold onto them until you come back. Many of them are my Liz's family heirlooms, while others are stuff her family made." There's a pained look on Jeanne's face, but she quickly tries to hide it from my Liz. I keep talking, "don't worry my Liz, I just needed to check something with her. Anyways, the last bit my Liz wants to say is more advice than a request, 'you should tell Saber and Helena about Pain Breaker. It could help both of you achieve your goals.'" That's that, though we have one more thing to say.

"This one comes from both of us. Jeanne, good luck! We'll see you soon!"

After that Jeanne leaves. Then we go to the man, and say "We have some things to ask you. 'First, who killed us? You said you killed him, but you referred to him as our killer, not Lancer. Is Lancer still alive? I assume you were hiding it from Jeanne, can you tell us now that she's gone? Next, what should we call you? Jeanne called you MoClone, but that sounds stupid, so what should we call you? In other words, what servant class were you 60 years ago when you fought in the war? Third, is there any way we can monitor the war? Lastly, are there any Lizards you don't need here?'"

[I was gonna wait for the new thread before this, but I'm gonna sleep soon, so I'll just post it here before going to sleep.]

[New thread]

[Also, considering the blast left nothing but a massive crater a small city block wide, I somehow doubt there are any survivors from Birdie's family apart from liz, for a given definition of surviving. Unless one happened to have magic robot legs that let them sprint out of there top speed]

[Also, considering old Ruler's soul and consciousness is present across all of time and space, his correct age is "all of it"]

[Also, pretty sure you have zero solid reason to think the murderer was someone else than Lancer. All Ruler said on the subject was he killed the killer]

[As for excess lizards... find out next time on dragonba-]

[Well i'll be away for 2 days starting from tomorrow so don't kill me when i'm absent lol and if you want me in POV just make me look like a cocky A-hole for fun taunting just for kicks :p though I'll be back so can someone summarize what i missed pls?]

Back