• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The "Overmonitor" is not a name for the Overvoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would request to have the "Overmonitor" regarded as a false fanon name for the Overvoid.

Too many people across many forums have confused the Overmonitor (brother of the Anti-Monitor) with the Overvoid. And using that scan of BWL torturing the Overmonitor and etc. as an anti-Feat.

I don't want it immediately removed, I just wanted to make this thread to clear out any confusing misconception. Because I have dealt with 10 people on different occasions making this dumb misconception.

There has never been a time when the Overvoid/Monitor Mind was called the Overmonitor.

I suppose that I can remove it as an alias then.

Well, I would personally prefer to get rid of The Writer profile, but when it remains, we cannot list the Overvoid as a supreme being.

Yeah, I have gripes about the Overvoid as well.

Didn't Matteis confirm that to his perspective, the Void was just part of the Presence? Funny we ignore that, but use his much needed number to justify High-1B for our DC profiles.

Yes, I am also uneasy with this, but was outvoted.

I agree with Antvasim. The Writer profile is flawed and the self insert Grant Morrison has shown to be two shades less then an All Powerful Entity.

Dreaming Serpent said:
I agree with Antvasim. The Writer profile is flawed and the self insert Grant Morrison has shown to be two shades less then an All Powerful Entity.
Depending on how the current Justice League arc goes, we can have the Source move in as the supreme being. After all, the creator the DC Multiverse, Perpetua, made the three Monitors and the Multiverse from the Overvoid "rent into flesh", yet she herself was first given power and function by the Source.

Her existence, and the establishment of a "greater Omniverse" with the Source at the head of it all does go against what "Superman Beyond" established, after all.

Well, western superhero comicbooks are confusing due to being incoherent. Manga usually tend to be fine.

Manga usually has the same author writing the entire story from start to end (and doing all the art as well). It is one of those things that very much distinguishes Japansese comics (manga) from western comics.

Comics like DC and Marvel have kept the stories of the same characters going in the same centuries for decades, so new writers and artists are brought in to write their own runs and tell their own stories, even if the stories and world-building they put into the setting can be contradictory with the work another writer does with another character.

You can usually tell with how different authors will write the same character, or how different writers handle the same themes. On a personal level, this is apparent with "Final Crisis" vs. "Dark Nights: Metal".

Yes, but traditionally I think that Marvel has been more incoherent than DC despite the reboots.

Anyway, I much prefer manga over superhero comics nowadays, due to how much the latter category has been politicised with fundamentalist ideology.

Have the changes proposed by the OP been implemented?

I think so, yes. We can probably close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back