• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
I am making this CRT, with such UNBRIDLED rage, that the power provided to me by Fujiwara and DMUA has motivated me to start fixing this verse.
But, all journeys start from humble beginnings.

MISTER ELECTRIC, NUKE THIS CALC OFF THE FACE OF THIS WIKI AND HAVE WEEKLY PERMABANNED!
The point of this CRT is to remove Yang and everyone's 8-A rating and the scaling from RWBY Arrowfell entirely, as the sole 8-A feat everyone scales to is completely built on misinformation.
The feat in question is Yang "melting" iron blocks in RWBY Arrowfell, and was calc'd by WeeklyBattles (you can probably see where this is going).
At a first, uninformed glance, it seems fine, but as you look into it, you start to realize some issues.

THE BIG ISSUE
First off, in the footage shown, Yang does not melt these iron blocks she punches the ground, and it blows up, but it's noted in a screenshot that it's confirmed Yang melts the cubes.
But, you see, the issue is this ignores the ENTIRE context of the scene where the upgrade to this ability happens.
Look at these screenshots for when you unlock Burn (Full scene with timestamp linked here)

Yang is not actually melting the blocks, nor does she do it with her semblance (that is never even mentioned to have fire abilities). She is using combustion dust, which is DIRECTLY noted to boost your physical capabilities and activities, with the character even giving examples such as throwing a fishing sear or throwing a jab.

After this, Yang then gets her semblance "upgraded" (very clear game mechanics) and she can now destroy iron blocks.

Now we still have the statement of it being able to melt blocks, but no where has Yang shown fire abilities and no where was it stated that combustion dust melts objects, but the most important part is that this semblance ability gets UPGRADED over the course of the game, and is related to a specific ground pound attack meant to destroy these blocks. Earlier in the game you can only destroy stone blocks, but later with this upgrade you can now destroy iron blocks, and based off the fact that the animation does not change, the blocks still blow up, and the nature of combustion dust, this is not melting at all, she is simply blowing them up with her combustion dust amp'd strength. The quote just used the worst wording possible, and someone took it a BIT too literally.

THE CONCLUSION
This calc needs to be axe'd and the scaling to this calc will also go with it. Arrowfell is still canon, but this feat relies on blatant misinformation and should not be used anymore.

You guys really gotta understand what makes these titles work. "The Great Odyssean/Sisyphean Quest" works because the former indicates a long, arduous journey, while the latter implies a never-ending cycle of work and toil. Both fitting for what I'm doing. But what the fuck is a "Remnant Quest"? What does it mean for something to be "Squidwardian"?

Agree with the op btw

You guys really gotta understand what makes these titles work. "The Great Odyssean/Sisyphean Quest" works because the former indicates a long, arduous journey, while the latter implies a never-ending cycle of work and toil. Both fitting for what I'm doing. But what the fuck is a "Remnant Quest"?
I already read the original tale regarding Sisyphus, so i understood what was your objective with a such title

What i wanted with the title of my revision was to make a parody of your revision with something that don´t really made sense and that ignore the reasoning for the original title, what i think worked very well

What does it mean for something to be "Squidwardian"?
Be related to Squidward, of course

I plan to change the title through the downgrades btw

RWBY characters are gonna become Johnny Test victims now and nobody can stop me!

johnny-test-evil-laugh.gif

I hope it’s okay to ask here since this downgrade seems obvious. Will any of their speed ratings be downgraded in the future. I am annoyed we counted maiden lightning as natural when it can be straight up green.

I hope it’s okay to ask here since this downgrade seems obvious. Will any of their speed ratings be downgraded in the future. I am annoyed we counted maiden lightning as natural when it can be straight up green.
Depends, as Scott and myself have expressed above I find there to be many issues with the verse and would like to tackle them one by one. This was just EXTREMELY egregious and I wanted to get rid of it asap.

the premise of the calc is wrong but like
also of note is the fact that latent heat of vaporization (i.e BOILING) was used for a statement of melting
even IF the premise was correct it drops down to like 42 tons if done correctly lol
Yeah, I neglected to mention this here but I said in a discord convo with spin-off that this is not how you calc melting, and even then this thing didn’t just… melt in one go like.

This is the first time in awhile I've seen someone on here care about RWBY and it's to go on a downgrading rampage...just can't catch a break, it seems.

Anyways there's not much for me to add to the conversation: if the feat in the calc comes from something done by using an amp to increase Yang's strength then it shouldn't be scaled to her base stats. Though I think she should have "higher with combustion dust" added to her current key.

This is the first time in awhile I've seen someone on here care about RWBY and it's to go on a downgrading rampage...just can't catch a break, it seems.

Anyways there's not much for me to add to the conversation: if the feat in the calc comes from something done by using an amp to increase Yang's strength then it shouldn't be scaled to her base stats. Though I think she should have "higher with combustion dust" added to her current key.
The issue is the calc relies on it being a melting feat which, it isn’t but it was also calc’d wrong.

So yeah higher with combustion dust everyone gets downgraded.

Who would like to apply the edits when grace is finished?

What tier would they be as well?

Back