• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Mythopoeic Reinterpretation (Revision Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas there's a feat that's worth discussing.

It happens during the end of The Trial at Hogithum Hall. Namely Azura being "killed" by Vivec. I will do my best to explain the whole situation in detail.

First, Azura is summoned completely into the Mundus and this has notably negative effects on her. Her speech is echoed and broken almost as if she's glitching or something.

Vehk:
Silence. There will be no questions. This is something different now.
[Nigedo is outraged, and hisses through clenched teeth.]

Azura:
DEVIL DEVIL MOCK DEVIL DEVIL SPEAK NOT DEVIL DEVIL DEVIL MOCK DEVIL DEVIL SPEAK NOT DEVIL (...)
Vehk:
Rude spirit, you should never have come. Not here. Not to the world of the liars, where your power is fleshed to law, bound by the bones of the compromise.
Shallow changer, wh*rescamp, say you that you rule dusk and dawn?
Let me show you the power of the true Dawn, when Gods walked.

Azura:
WHAT? WHAT ARE WHAT YOU ARE WHAT WHAT WHAT ARE WHAT YOU ARE WHAT ARE WHAT YOU ARE WHAT WHAT ARE WHAT YOU ARE (...) WHAT IS THAT I FEEL?
Vehk:
I am the Thief of this World, with stars, and by my Charges I put you down.
[B summons his will to do his bidding. Another flash of lightning illuminates the hall; the roar of thunder shakes the windows. Looking down, B's hands begin to glow.]

God of Worms [quietly and to himself]:
Foolish mortals. Now it is YOU who stands guilty.
[Ainoryl invokes some incantation and removes robes. His chest is stitched together, and a reddish light begins to emanate from inside him, his ribs and organs showing through in negative.]
[A shadow leaves Vivec, snapping off him to wrap around the Daedra Lord, cracking the air as it stiffens.]

Then she is bound to the Mundus as Vivec uses her Neonymic against her. A Neonymic is a Daedra's true name, the tone of their soul, and they are powerless before it.

Vehk:
With my Charges I put you down.
By this Shadow, I call your neonymic forth, your chosen throne, sundown and sunrise, death and birth of shadow. You are bound to this place.

Azura:
NO NO NO PLEASE NO NO NO PLEASE NO WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO (...)
Vehk:
How does it feel, Lord Azura? To so fully manifest here is the Mundus, stripped down only to your name?
Perhaps it feels a bit like my sister did, when your machinations split her, name from land, nymic eth maliache velot, thoughtless save for domain.
AE ALTADOON DUNMERI for my sister's madness I eat you.

Azura:
NO NO NO PLEASE NO NO NO PLEASE NO WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO NO NO (...)
[Ainoryl steps forward. His eyes are dead, but he smiles anyway.]

Vehk:
Do you remember which mortal you bound herein with your jealousy and your spite? She has need of vengeance, too. GHARTOK PAHOME.
[Ainoryl explodes.]

Ainoryl:
Milord... serve...
[Viscera showers the crowd.]

Vehk:
These are my people, Azura. See how they serve? You should have stayed replaced.
Then Nigedo curses the bound Azura to experience time linearly as mortals do, which breaks her apart even further. And Vivec utilizes Azura's Protonyic - her original name - against her. She couldn't be more screwed in this situation.

[Vehk nods to Nigedo, his bravest.]
Nigedo, curse this heshe-b*tch as she has done our people.

Nigedo [addressing Azura venomously]:
Lattice-bound creature of the Ever Now, experience for yourself the inexorable progress of the Wheel, know the drumming torment of Time giving way to Time and share in the despair of souls trapped within the Dragon's Boned Cage.
Vehk:
By this Lover, I call your protonymic forth, your secret throne, youth and return, the lover's morning, the loved one's end. You are buried in this place.
Azura:
GAHAAAAA NO NO NO PLEASE NO WHATTTTTTttT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO WHAT NO DEVIL PLEASE NO NO NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE NO NO NO DEVIL PLEASE NO WHAT NO PLEASE NO NO NO WHAT NNNNNNNNNNO DDDDDDDDDDdEVIL (...)
Vehk:
There now. Better. How does one feel when weighted down by their heaviest of mysteries? When one gazes into their soul and sees their own eyes staring back? Perhaps it's how my brother felt, folding into himself like a prism until your darts were thrown, nymic sel sulimet elhnodidan, thought thinking thought.
AE ALTADOON DUNMERI for my brother's wasting I eat you.

Azura:
I CANNOT FEEL CANNOT WHAT FEEL CANNOT WHO FEEL THIS WHAT I CANNOT I WHAT FEEL WHAT WHO FEEL WHAT I AM NO I CANNOT AM NO WHO AND CANNOT
B:
I have seen enough! I WILL NOT LET THIS BE DONE!
[B makes an incantation, and fires a spell of silence towards Nigedo.]

Allerleirauh:
B, STAND DOWN! Remember that our Emperor told us not to judge the gods!
[Vehk glances at B, and a thousand scribs swarm his body. B makes another incantation and kills them. The shells of the dead scribs form shapes of the Temple saints. B falls to his knees and weeps blood.]
[Vehk draws forth the antlers, breaking off one of its bloodied tips.]

And then Vehk taps into CHIM, dancing to the tune of The Tower of the Aurbis, and summons Muatra to destroy Azura, impaling her through her throat with his Spear.

Vehk:
Recognize this? The blood, I mean, not the silly bone-frozen Bosmer. No? It's from one of yours. He died in your name.
And so by the blood of this khajiit, I climb you, moon and moon, and Dance on your Tower.
AE CHIM CE ALTADOON for my own revenge I eat you.

Azura:
CHIM? HOW?
[Vehk assembles a spear from the bones of his armor.]

Vehk:
Here, this is Muatra. Guess what it represents.
[Vehk stuffs Muatra into Azura's mouth. She chokes.]

Vehk:
YOU
ARE
BANISHED
FROM
THIS
STARRY
HEART
[Azura explodes.]

Azura ******* died there. Got destroyed utterly and completely...

But she lived on. She eventually got better, and although noticeably weakened even by Skyrim's time, over 200 years later, she survived this event.

To be nullified and erased so thoroughly by a being of 1-A power and still reform would require something akin to True-Godly Regenerationn.

There are several other feats that show High-Godly Regenerationn from the gods and other types of broken immortality, so it wouldn't be too unprecedented.

Other Broken God-feats out of the top of my head:

• Sotha Sil destroying / erasing Mehrunes Dagon from all points in time simultaneously and Dagon just shrugging it off
  • Those that have CHIM being able to resist being erased from the Dream due to the realization that they don't exist
  • The Gods repairing the effects of Pelinal's Madness, which removed entire cities and mountain-ranges from the Dream.
  • Lorkhan being killed, being removed from his Divine Center and having his dual-nature cloven. And still being 100% okay in spirit.
There are other feats but bottom line is, "Gods can't die" in a very much mythological sense is a theme in TES.

It's not High 1-A Erasure because the Amaranth isn't consciously trying to erase them. The Amaranth doesn't interact. It's just resisting the process of Zero-Sum, which is what the Numidium does to people.

Vehk:
Is this a crime, Mercy? Or merely a stark variation that causes you a personal anguish, this difference in the kinship of snowmen and their devils? To admit I am mortal does not admit that I am a man. I am still hero, and weapon of the Dunmer, and what you might read as inertia is most certainly just the absence of war.
In any case, I answer this only because you will it of me. I did not speak to either Ayem or Seht enough before their death because…well, because, mortal or divine, that is the way it always is.
The Tribunal gloriously usurped the worship of our Anticipations, as was foretold in the words of Veloth. That you would categorize this as a crime is confusing to me. Perhaps you wish to know true history so that you will not go longer unlearned.
Providence. That is my plea regarding my replacement of the Black Hands Mephala.
I spoke of this in an earlier life, but earlier than myself were Ayem and Seht. They had supplanted in the orbit of the Chimeri soul those Daedra that predated them, Boethiah and Azura respectively. None of us did this out of criminal intent. Rather, as I have said, these beings were our Anticipations in the truest sense, the fore-images of the gods that would come for Morrowind. We hold the original Triune in honor as the bringers of knowledge and culture, and difference, and revere them as the harbingers of the glory of ALMSIVI. And never did we question their divinities or remove them from our holy books.
But as I once spoke of the Rainmaker, the needs of the people change, and those that provide guidance to them must also change. While it may seem strange to imply that our fore-images, being Daedra, were adverse to change, they were, and they are. In this they are very alike to the Aedra in their fundaments. While born of Padhome, they are of too much ego to give up their realms entirely, especially for altruism, which is perhaps what they most hate.
And so from their basis did we spring, called to heaven by violence, our people throwing our mantles to us across stars, and across time, and magic and dream, and here we remain.
Even those of us who are dead. Or are destined to die.

And I'm now I'm reminded of how phenomenal the writing in the Trial is.

It's a gameplay mechanic. In the lore there are mentions of Masters of the Voice who couldn't even speak without bringing widespread destruction. And while continuous usage of the Thu'um can tire the user, it doesn't have a time limit.

Great; I saw it still on his page and was very annoyed we somehow only now got rid of it despite having multiple threads saying it should go

DragonEmperor23 said:
Low 2-C mudcrabs because they tanked Alduin's shout from Sovngarde </div>

<s>We're talking about lowballs not highballs, but I guess it's ok (as you can tell my comment has decided to go screw itself in the corner, much to my disappointment)

I have a cool feat of Talos. If you enter the hall of honored dead without Fightin Tsun, you WILL DIE, even with God Mode on. Using the console wouldn't stop you from dying if you enter the Halls without permission.

That True reality manipulation overwrite.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Vivek means the ability to discern through the use of knowledge. Gyaan isn't the only thing that means knowledge.
sorry about that i quitted studying hindi after a while so my hindi is a bit rusty

Late as all hell to the party, but as I've expressed before, pretty much all of this seems fine.

My one reservation is still with High 1-A Amaranth, which is less from a "there's no way it's actually this rating" point of view and more that I don't know if what I've seen is...enough? It's a bit vague in terms of "power" (though such a word really ceases mattering, at this level), though considering Kirkbride himself said "A splitting of hairs, maybe, but the Amaranth is the hardest concept I've ever attempted, so I'm a bit picky about it", I think that's more due to the idea itself being intentionally a bit less direct than most other things than it just not being fleshed out enough.

Regardless, that's basically nothing in the grand scheme of these revisions, and doesn't in any way stop the others from proceeding. I'm still just a little wary on that one.

Well, we know Amaranth would be above 1-A considering it's like...the higher form of CHIM to be really simplistic about it. The "Godhead' in itself is generally stated to be a metaphysical abstract entity that all of Elder Scrolls takes place inside of as it is in a state of half-dreaming and half-waking. But, yeah. I'm not a loremaster so I wouldn't be the best person to ask about these high-level lore details.

What I am confident in saying is that Amaranth > CHIM (as I am aware of) and that it's essentially above everything else in ES.

I agree with pretty much all of these upgrades.

Hell, I even agree with High 1-A Godhead. Someone knowledgeable on TES told me that according to the lore, the Godhead's level is one that cannot be reached merely by climbing higher levels.

But I am completely inexperienced with Elder Scrolls, so.

How are the red links in Spanish lol

So, can any of us get in on the action?

I have a certain Father of Manbeasts I'd like to do justice to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back