• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Mythopoeic Reinterpretation (Revision Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although arent those two moons the dead remenants of a divine being who split in two? Im not sure why they didnt regenerate from that.

I previously was under the impression Sithis was the god of everything. Now that that's blantantly false, where does he hold up in the Cosmology?

ChosenOrDeath said:
I previously was under the impression Sithis was the god of everything. Now that that's blantantly false, where does he hold up in the Cosmology?
If you're have some time to kill, Matt has two blogs that explain the whole situation linked above.

If Tier 0 will be upheld, I see no harm to put Godhead in that tier.

There is nothing in TES verse above him, and Amaranths are part of him.

EDIT: I want to say that people shouldn't think MK make TES overpowered. It was Schick and his team introducing Marvel/DC power level through ESO, while MK only provided the quality content for those powerhouses.

KongKing23 said:
If Tier 0 will be upheld, I see no harm to put Godhead in that tier.
There is nothing in TES verse above him, and Amaranths are part of him.
Well, the way it's going, we're removing either High 1-A or Tier 0 and then fitting the other into our new definition for High Outerversal.

So any High 1-As in the verse would also be 0 if that's what the comunity decides on.

So, question: Will be Demiprinces be High 2-A or Low 1-C? High 2-A is already a given since they are superior to the Ideal Masters, but I am curious if they scale to the Low 1-C stuff since it is well-established that powerful Daedra see the Mundus as ridiculously limited and insignificant.

@Matthew

Are you sure that Vivec erased Azura on a 1-A level? There is the fact that she doesn't exist on such a high level of existence in the first place, and do we know that he used his full scale of power against her?

@Antvasima

Actually all souls in Elder Scrolls used to be the Et'Ada, even mortals like humans and elves. This is partially how CHIM works, you realizing the true nature of your spirit and awakening to it.

They were just further and further bound by subgradience and restriction set by the laws of space and time and the conventions of gods and immortals.

Which is why CHIM is described as "Breaking free of all restrictions established by immortal rulers and returning to the first brush of Anu and Padhome".

Basically returning to one's original state as a boundless non-dual Et'Ada yet maintaining your individuality.

This is also how reincarnation works in TES through the Dreamsleeve recycling souls. The Animus, which is the part of the soul that is more fragile and associated with one's personality and memories (And also the only part of the soul which is manipulated / destroyed in 99% of such feats) is desintegrated / recycled, but the AE - the original state of Being - remains and is surrounded by a new Animus in the soul's next life.

Also considering how Vivec is driven by a desire to get his revenge on Azura and an immense hatred for what she did to the Chimer people as a whole, and how he laughed in utter joy right after destroying her - I'm pretty sure he didn't hold back.

@Matthew

Okay. Noted, but I think that you should preferably ask DarkLK, Azathoth, and Sera about something like this. It seems contradictory for any below 1-A character to have True Godly Regenerationn.

Also, a side question, since Tiber Septim/Talos is a CHIM user, does that mean that he is the most powerful of the Aedra, even though his religion is outlawed?

@Matt

Would you mind giving me a shot at restructuring the character list? I'll post a draft on my sandbox.

It isn't really contradictory, as Matt previously said, The Elder Scrolls is heavily based on Mythology and World Religions, and as such "Gods can't die" is very much a main theme in the verse.

People once asked MK and his wife what would happen if this or that god were killed, and the instantaneous response was "You can't kill an idea".

Like, a god dying isn't even acknowledged as a posibility in their eyes.

Fun fact, Kirkbride's wife - Darya Makarava - is also known as Lady Nerevar in many TES online communities. And actually met MK through there as a fan.

Matthew Schroeder said:
People once asked MK and his wife what would happen if this or that god were killed, and the instantaneous response was "You can't kill an idea".
Like, a god dying isn't even acknowledged as a posibility in their eyes.

Fun fact, Kirkbride's wife - Darya Makarava - is also known as Lady Nerevar in many TES online communities. And actually met MK through there as a fan.
She is still a prominent poster in TESlore subreddit. You can meet her casually

Another question: What happened to Vivec after he temporarily killed Azura? Did he ascend to a higher plane of existence?

His fate is unknown, though the Loveletter from the Fifth Era implies he disappeared into Aetherius and did not return until the events of C0DA.

tfw the best image I could find of the Eternal Champion, fanart included, is from Shoddycast

Okay, can you remind me what Aetherius and C0DA is?

Aetherius is like, inversed Oblivion. It's where magic comes from and where the Aedra originate. It is the source of creation. It's believed that the Aetherius is where all souls return to after death as it is a plane of pure magic and is where the spirits come from.

The stars are rips in the fabric of Mundus that lead back to Aetherius, which is how mortals can wield magic. The sun is the largest tear and was created by Magnus, God of Magic.

C0DA is uh...hmm. It's basically a novel written by MK, who authored much of the lore in Morrowind and has been involved and used as a source for Skyrim and ESO. It's not REALLY canon but at the same time it is, as MK wrote it and is the man responsible for much of the lore in Elder Scrolls. It is essentially Kirkbride's embodiment of the idea that Elder Scrolls is an open-source world that anyone may contribute to with its lore.

In other words, it's semi-canon and should be considered in discussions but not treated as superior to, or perhaps even equal to, the lore of the games. I'm sure Schroeder or Ultima will have a different answer though.

To my understanding he would have universal+ durability and potency and would have immeasurable speed...I seem to recall somebody saying that at least. He also has access to a massive number of shouts that have hax (Soul tearing, intangibility, weather manipulation, statistic amplification, death marking, slow time, etc) as well as a diverse array of possible magic (including mental manipulation, elemental manipulation, physics manipulation, space manipulation, holy magic (healing, anti-undead, barriers) and enchanting items with magical effects) as well as other possible traits such as Vampirism (weakness to fire, resistance to cold, special powers relating to vampirism...) and Lycanthropy (huge physical amplifications in return for loss of magical abilities whilst in use).

I don't know the specifics of how far into low 2-C he actually is though. In comparison, Alduin is meant to devour all time across all of Mundus and I think beyond that? And the Dovahkiin is the one destined to defeat him. Mundus in itself is a higher dimensional infinite universe with countless alternate realities hidden in shadows...Nirn also contains all of time within its oceans.

Looks like you have placed a lot of thought into it. I like the choice in images.

A suggestion for Aetherius would be, perhaps, the most well-known entity residing there...Magnus, God of Magic.

I'm personally very interested in seeing how capable the mortals of TES are...It's easy to just look at a god and go "This character scales to the other gods". Mortals are far more complex and interesting imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back