• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Mythopoeic Reinterpretation (Revision Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Matthew do you think someone could get this calc evaluated? Also would it be a low end for mid game Dragonborn or a feat for the beginning game Dragonborn. (Also sorry for the image being small that's the biggest I could make it)

Keeweed said:
Hey Matthew do you think someone could get this calc evaluated? Also would it be a low end for mid game Dragonborn or a feat for the beginning game Dragonborn. (Also sorry for the image being small that's the biggest I could make it)
Ask Mr.Bambu, he's good at this kind of stuff.

Early Game Dovahkiin should easily scale to Giants. Who have a High 8-C / 8-B calc.

Dragons >>> Giants in lore.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Early Game Dovahkiin should easily scale to Giants. Who have a High 8-C / 8-B calc.

Dragons >>> Giants in lore.
Wait 8-B calc! (Also yeah I really love the Elder Scrolls giants them sending you to orbit out of nowhere is the hilarious thing)
5E4DDE36-8A5C-426B-8F90-9CC64286FABA

Matthew Schroeder said:
That's not the feat that wields that. But it is a canon thing giants do.
I╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Ân╠Âd╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âi╠Âf╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠ÂI╠Ân╠Âf╠Âi╠Ân╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠ÂG╠Âi╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âr╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Âc╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Ât╠Âs╠Â?╠Â

Only thing I disagree with is High 1-A, being the supreme being isn't really a feat, and it doesn't seem as though the 1-A hierarchy is all that high. Dreaming it is certainly above baseline, but unless lt's an extraordinary hierarchy being dreamt, I don't see High 1-A.

Isnt godhead just beyond everything in a verse where characters are at best 1 degree of infinity above baseline? Plus i think godhead dreams reality in a more literal sense than someone like azathoth since chim users from what i know are actually taking some level of control over his dream (which would basically make them high 1-A as a result).

Read this post said:
Isnt godhead just beyond everything in a verse where characters are at best 1 degree of infinity above baseline? Plus i think godhead dreams reality in a more literal sense than someone like azathoth since chim users from what i know are actually taking some level of control over his dream (which would basically make them high 1-A as a result).
Yeah, otherwise Luminous being is Tier 0.

As he sees the entire verse as nothing more than fiction.

You are incorrect, this is not how it works. The Dreamer isn't literally dreaming. It's not a physical person that can wake up, it's a metaphor, and it doesn't matter how many degrees of infinity there are or how "strong" the 1-A characters is.

If you are looking at CHIM or Anu - Padhome in terms of strength you are missing the point so much that it's not even funny, nevermind the philosophical implications of Amaranth and the Thelemic Ideas which Elder Scrolls uses directly.

Such as 0 = 2 = +1 - 1

And the Amaranth being above everything and below everything simultaneously as an infinite zero.

Really, the reason I tell people to read my blogs is that people will simply not get it right if I summarize it.

High 1-A/0 isn't really about raw transcendence though. Notice how most of the Cthulhu mythos isn't high 1-A, and how Marvel has a tier 0 despite having like 2 1-As. It is a relative thing, based more off of how many restrictions exist to that being, and/or it's potition in a cosmic heirarchy of some sort.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
High 1-A isn't about a large hierarchy or being infinities above "baseline". It's about the character being utterly boundless and beyond everything.

And for the God head it does make sense.

Owners of the game can Mod the game however they like and with Bethesda's blessings.

Its what makes TES metaphysically so flexible. Why its probably one of the most high tier metaverse. Even higher than most VN as the owner can make their own world and continuity

Read this post said:
So similar to azathoth, godhead doesnt dream everything in an absoloutely literal sense?
That's what it seems like. In truth, the godhead likely transcends such concepts as dreaming, and similar to azathoth I'd wager that the usage of that term is merely the best approximation that our limited, dual, and mortal perspective can handle.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Read this post said:
So similar to azathoth, godhead doesnt dream everything in an absoloutely literal sense?
Godhead is nothing like Azathoth conceptually. It's more akin to stuff from Thelema and Hinduism. Think Brahman and Nuit.
doesn`t vishnu dream reality instead of brahma

Read this post said:
Im confused about that infinite dimensional part. It says there are limitless islands (planes of oblivion) in infinite dimensions. But wouldnt that also make sense if that meant universes? Because that could also be used to describe infinite universes containing limitless pocket dimensions. Or limitless realms existing within a sea of infinite universes.
The text which states that oblivion has infinite dimensions uses "Islands" to refer to the planes of Oblivion in general, which are the Universes Oblivion contains, not just pocket realms. Nevermind TES never uses "Dimensions" to mean Universes.

What i meant was that you could have infinite universes being mixed in with those limitless "islands" and still consider it as being in it. "Dimensions" could easily change meanings at any point considering how it can already mean both terms. But since there are apparently references to beings for beyond hundreds of dimenisons, it is probably true.

Oblivion is typically reffered to as a sea or ocean, with the planes within it being islands.

So "The sea of limitless dimensions contains an infinite number of islands" is not saying that Oblivion has infinite planes inside it only, or else it'd literally be saying "The sea of infinite planes contains an infinite number of planes".

Makes no sense.

"Limitless dimensions" is referring to the Oblivion itself, as a characteristic of the sea as a whole. And not the number of islands the sea contains, which are also infinite nevermind.

Matthew schroeder I dont think you get what i mean. If I scattered an infinite amount of golf balls, and for every ten golf balls, there is one marbel (going by different levels of infinity) i could say "the infinite sea of golfballs contains a limitless amount of marbels".

Of course the golf balls dont physically contain the marbels. But the marbels still exist within that "sea of golf balls". Same could be said for the statement of islands and dimensions

However if the lore supports the statement or it is backed up then im all for it

Taxi Driver Travis Claps
I can't truthfully claim to be much of an expert on TES -- I've spent more time than most looking into the lore, only to find how out of my depth I was -- but everything presented in the OP and the two blogs looks reasonable to me. Herculean work here.
Blog posts, citations, concise summaries, the profile pages themselves -- take notes. That's how you introduce a verse on the wiki, and skill behind this kind of documenting can be applied in real life, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back