• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls upgrades: Prisoner physiology acasuality type 5, superior intelligence and non existent physiology.

G33kedzinx

Username Only
All links and sources:

ACASUALITY TYPE 5:

The Elder Scrolls universe presents a unique concept of Prisoner physiology, acknowledged as acasuality type 4 according to vsbw conditions. However, a closer examination reveals a compelling argument for elevating it to acasuality type 5, similar with the nature of Daedric Princes, who exist beyond the flow of time. This distinction is exemplified by Sotha Sil's description of the Prisoner, emphasizing their ability to transcend causality and perceive the truth of their imprisonment.

Conversation between the vestige and sotha sil: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sotha_Sil
(The light of knowledge quest)

Sotha Sil: The Prisoner wields great power, making reality of metaphor. We will need you before the end.

Vestige: Why do you keep calling me the Prisoner?

Sotha Sil: A fool's hope, perhaps. I should explain.

Look around you. All of this exists because it must exist. I stand here, in this place, in this moment, not because I wish to, but because I have to. A result of action and consequence.

Vestige: So wouldn't that make you the prisoner?

Sotha Sil: Clever... but incorrect.

The Prisoner must apprehend two critical insights. First, they must face the reality of their imprisonment. They must see the determinative walls - the chains of causality that bind them to their course.

Vestige: You haven't done that?

Sotha Sil: I have. But I fall short of the second insight.

The Prisoner must see the door to their cell. They must gaze through the bars and perceive that which exists beyond causality. Beyond time. Only then can they escape.

Vestige: You don't see the door?

Sotha Sil: I see only unsteady walls.

If the people of Tamriel must exist inside this cell. I will make sure that the walls are stable, the gaps are sealed, and all who remain stay safe within it.

Vestige: I have no other questions.

Sotha Sil: I've met few heroes like you. Very few. I take this matter of the Triad upon myself, but in truth, you may be the one that saves us. The Prisoner who frees the world. We shall see.

Farewell.

Again, Sotha Sil, an acasuality type 5 being as per vsbw requirements, acknowledges the power of the Prisoner, stating, "The Prisoner wields great power, making reality of metaphor." This conversation underscores the Prisoner's unique position, surpassing even the gods in transcending causality and time.Furthermore Prisoners, inherently devoid of a set personality, race, gender, or appearance, demonstrate a level of freedom unparalleled in the Elder Scrolls universe. The example of the Last Dragonborn's varied appearances and In Landfall, the Nerevarine's gender and race are unable to be properly deduced, and they are instead described as "quantum-vibrating" too fast to tell, reinforce the above point

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/General:Landfall:_Day_One PAGE 7
Through the breach, the gigantic form of Akulakhan looks down at all of us, unreadable hope in its eyes.
Its third eye is open, with the barely discernable head of the Nerevarine serving as its pilot, the gender and race either indistinct or, if you prefer to render it this way: simply just "quantum-vibrati too fast to tell. This concept extends to AIOS in the Clockwork City, describing the Vestige as an Impossipoint, existing outside known possipoints.

INTELLIGENCE:

As for intelligence, the designation of extraordinary genius or possibly super genius should be reserved for select individuals like Miraak, the Dragonborn, and the Vestige. This elevation is justified by their exceptional feats:

• The ability to read the Oghma Infinium, which imparts knowledge with the potential to cause a hemorrhage.much more evidence for this is Graccus who upon finding the tome, managed to survive the "cosmic ululation", while also summoning powerful daedra to guard the ruins.
  • Reading all 10 Black Books, each revealing profound secrets of the world and inducing effects similar to the Oghma Infinium.
  • Absorbing dragon souls, granting knowledge accumulated over thousands of years, as dragons are immortal beings that have lived for several millennia
  • Reading Elder Scrolls, artifacts existing outside of time, with the power to record all past and future events. The Scrolls, as seen in various quests, reveal the true nature of the Prisoner and are intricately tied to the prophecy.

NON EXISTENT PHYSIOLOGY FOR PRISONERS:

The Prisoner's nature as depicted in various Elder Scrolls narratives aligns with the concept of nonexistent physiology. They lack a set personality, race, gender, or appearance, reflecting an existence that defies conventional categorization. Examples like the Nerevarine's quantum-vibrating state at landfall and AIOS referring to the Vestige as an Impossipoint further emphasize the elusive and nontraditional nature of Prisoners and their physiology. So “prisoners” in elder scrolls should qualify for having Non existent physiology type 3 aspects (2 and 4 )

In conclusion, the concept of the Prisoner in The Elder Scrolls series aligns more closely with Type 5: Causality Transcendence. The Prisoner is depicted as existing outside the usual chains of causality and determinism, able to perceive the truth of their imprisonment and make choices beyond the constraints of time and predetermined fate. This implies a complete independence from cause and effect within the context of the Elder Scrolls universe.

Agree:
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Both Acausality Type 5 and Nonexistent Physiology are about being physically uninteractable because of their physiology, Prisoner's can be interacted by your average person and creation, and their doesn't seem to be any evidence that suggests otherwise for a Prisoner's default state of existence.

Both Acausality Type 5 and Nonexistent Physiology are about being physically uninteractable because of their physiology, Prisoner's can be interacted by your average person and creation, and their doesn't seem to be any evidence that suggests otherwise for a Prisoner's default state of existence. . And you didn’t address the intelligence upgrad proposal
I’ll concede for AT5 and NEP proposals but you never addressed the intelligence upgrade ?

Back