• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The DC Comics Cosmology Revision Project - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I mention the point she didn't create the 6th Dimesnion is due to the fact of what we learned from Justice League #22.

It was stated she made the Multiversal structure through the 3 domains of a triptych-like Multiverse.

All other parts were not created by her:

Sphere of Gods: Formed when the Multiverse first began as one of the possibilities that formed as Hecate was born.

Orrery: Left as an eternal task by Alphues to forge worlds in the World Forge. Later becomes the epicenter of the Dark Multiverse which isn't in the order of things.

Monitor Sphere: Came as the Universal structure after Crisis on Infinite Earth.

I could list more but I think she occupies that space which she refers to as the 6th Dimension. She didn't even create the Multiverse, she used the materials of the Multiverse forged by the Unseen Hand of the Source to fashion into a functioning Multiverse.
True, but she could have created the Sixth Dimension first and then created the rest of the multiverse there. Realms such as the Sphere of the Gods, Hypertime, and so on weren't made by her indeed.

True, but she could have created the Sixth Dimension first and then created the rest of the multiverse there. Realms such as the Sphere of the Gods, Hypertime, and so on weren't made by her indeed.
Yeah, I guess but from what is shown, I don't really think so and if it were it would have to be rented from the Overvoid as well. Though I don't know where the power to do so would come from.

For now, I guess we can keep her at Low 1-C though it's a bit iffy.

The Totality is not a limitless supply like both Connective Force and Crisis Energy. It's just the power she possessed by hoarding whatever she could and being locked with it. It did not have the power to create or destroy the Multiverse and when she possessed only missing a fraction she could only destroy Universe one by one despite saying it was what she felt like when she was powerful back then.

I'm not saying she is not Low 1-C but there are some holes in her powers to scale her to such tiers.
The Totality is the power she kept for herself. That's why she said that her kind have caged her power since the dawn of creation. The Source gave Perpetua the materials of creation to shape a multiverse and was meant to die and return to the Source, returning the power of creation in the process as well, but she kept that power instead. When Perpetua's power was restored, the power that created the multiverse, it was the power she wielded before her imprisonment in the Source Wall that was restored and not some other power.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess but from what is shown, I don't really think so and if it were it would have to be rented from the Overvoid as well. Though I don't know where the power to do so would come from.

For now, I guess we can keep her at Low 1-C though it's a bit iffy.
The holes in her power level are due to her having limited stamina or a limited energy source, as the energy she feeds on can be spent and needs to be recharged. We can say that she has a godlike stamina but it isn’t infinite.

No there weren’t any new scans already posted. Unless you have proof of these new scans then don’t lie and act like they exist.
Is there a reason you're constantly having a temper tantrum in this thread? I'm not "lying about new scans," I never said "new scans" in the first place. The evidence has already been posted, and you disagreed with it. That's your right, but it doesn't particularly matter for this thread either way.

However if you guys aren’t denying the Overvoid is transdual,
No one was.

If you prefer, we can rank Perpetua to "2-A, at least Low 1-C" with the Totality, although this is not the thread for that. I will keep these arguments for another separate thread.
Yeah come to think of it even that has some inconsistency because when Perpetua's power was restored, it was the power she used to create the multiverse and wielded before her imprisonment in the Source Wall that was restored and not another power. Low 1-C with limited stamina and a good explanation on a footnote might work better in this case. Anyway, I can handle the changes for the sandbox with what's been agreed here.

Is there a reason you're constantly having a temper tantrum in this thread? I'm not "lying about new scans," I never said "new scans" in the first place. The evidence has already been posted, and you disagreed with it. That's your right, but it doesn't particularly matter for this thread either way.
No one’s having a temper tantrum. I'm simply asking you how the scan about the universe glittering and glistening like a toy supposedly proves your claim that the Silver City is a higher infinity. So like I said before, how does the scan prove the Silver City is a higher infinity?

No one was.
That’s what I just acknowledged…

Yeah come to think of it even that has some inconsistency because when Perpetua's power was restored, it was the power she used to create the multiverse and wielded before her imprisonment in the Source Wall that was restored and not another power. Low 1-C with limited stamina and a good explanation on a footnote might work better in this case. Anyway, I can handle the changes for the sandbox with what's been agreed here.
The thing is Perpetua's powers were restored but a fraction of power was still missing. I believe the missing piece was the Raptor in Kendra.

Perpetua also didn't create the Multiverse with that power. The Multiverse was already formed all it needed was to function into a Multiverse.

The Source Wall imprisoned her and her Apexes as well as the totality of power she hoarded. This means the Totality is stolen power that she is using to fight off whatever the Source sent not really the power to create the Multiverse. The Hands do not have the power to create the Multiverse, this only comes from the energy born of the Source.

The Unseen Council could should have a Low 1-C, possibly 1-C due to the fact it's a hierarchy that keeps going until the Source/Presence.

The Mansion should have the same tiers as well.

If we take the Endless thing as well then they should be Low 1-C, possibly 1-C.

The Unseen Council could should have a Low 1-C, possibly 1-C due to the fact it's a hierarchy that keeps going until the Source/Presence.

The Mansion should have the same tiers as well.

If we take the Endless thing as well then they should be Low 1-C, possibly 1-C.
If we accept possible 1-C mansion of silence
then there would be infinite number of possible 1-C creations in the void which gets amounted to 0
that would make void high 1-C which changes a lot of things

The thing is Perpetua's powers were restored but a fraction of power was still missing. I believe the missing piece was the Raptor in Kendra.

Perpetua also didn't create the Multiverse with that power. The Multiverse was already formed all it needed was to function into a Multiverse.

The Source Wall imprisoned her and her Apexes as well as the totality of power she hoarded. This means the Totality is stolen power that she is using to fight off whatever the Source sent not really the power to create the Multiverse. The Hands do not have the power to create the Multiverse, this only comes from the energy born of the Source.
The portion missing was Starman's power as she says: "There you are... The little speck that stole a piece of my power." There are probably other pieces of her power, like Luthor's Doorknob.

Yeah, Perpetua created the multiverse with that power and it wasn't already formed. The Source provided Perpetua with the raw materials to build a multiverse.

I know that the power to create a multiverse comes from The Source but Perpetua kept this power for herself which became hers, but she could be stripped of that power like The Cosmic Raptor or Batman Who Laughs did, hence why there's often a comma between Perpetua and the totality her power. Again, the power that was nearly restored was the power that Perpetua once wielded and used to create the multiverse before her imprisonment in the Source Wall. She selfishly hoarded the power from the Source.

The portion missing was Starman's power as she says: "There you are... The little speck that stole a piece of my power." There are probably other pieces of her power, like Luthor's Doorknob.
Not Starman I do recall her saying that for Starman but after the event, there is still a missing portion.
Yeah, Perpetua created the multiverse with that power and it wasn't already formed. The Source provided Perpetua with the raw materials to build a multiverse.
She didn't create it, she “formed” it into a functioning Multiverse. The materials of the Multiverse needed to be formed. The “Totality” is the power she hoarded, the materials were given specifically for her to form into a Multiverse. She did that and refused to die and start gathering energy and whatever she had that was locked with her became the Totality.
I know that the power to create a multiverse comes from The Source but Perpetua kept this power for herself which became hers, but she could be stripped of that power like The Cosmic Raptor or Batman Who Laughs did, hence why there's often a comma between Perpetua and the totality her power. Again, the power that was nearly restored was the power that Perpetua once wielded and used to create the multiverse before her imprisonment in the Source Wall. She selfishly hoarded the power from the Source.
That power is not the same thing. The Materials were taken by Unseen Hand which later sent Perpetua to take “those” materials a fashion them into a “functioning” Multiverse.

The Unseen Hand is not Perpetua. The powers that she hoarded were after the Multiverse was already created. From what we've seen even with her full power, I don't think she could create it. The only being other than the Presence/Source with the capabilities of making Creation from nothing is Michael Demiurgos. That power was what she could gather while having to fend off the things the Source sent.

If we accept possible 1-C mansion of silence
then there would be infinite number of possible 1-C creations in the void which gets amounted to 0
that would make void high 1-C which changes a lot of things
It's a “possibility” because it can contain any structure equal to Yahweh’s Creation but also have more spaces for things like angels, souls, etc...

So it could be possible it can reach 1-C not that it is. Creations will always be 2-A, and Mansions are Low 1-C due to scaling to Heaven and being beyond it. 1-C is indicative of it being similar to the Void where it houses infinite Creation and still would have space.

In addition to my points above, the Totality was said to be the power that created the multiverse. "The living power core from which our reality was sculpted before it was encased in the Source Wall."
“Sculpted” which is synonymous with forming, shaping, and making which are not the same as creating it.

Also, the scan is mentioning how it could help them on how reality function. Nothing really says it is the power of Creation but rather the force of Creation.

Also Perpetua should be universal+, since she can only cause universal destruction at one at a time
Well, the thing is, she's massively above the Ultra-Monitor who is even more powerful than any level of power the Anti-Monitor had before (2-A). Furthermore, when her power was restored, it was all but a fraction of the power she hoarded from the Source and used to create the multiverse before it was caged in the Source Wall. This power turned out to be a limited power source and could be exhausted, needing to recharge it with collective fear, anger and selfish desires of people to do so. Low 1-C with low stamina and a good explanation on a footnote might work or leave her to 2-A, at least Low 1-C with the Totality.

“Sculpted” which is synonymous with forming, shaping, and making which are not the same as creating it.

Also, the scans is mentioning how it could help them on how reality functions. Nothing really says it is the power of Creation but rather than the force of Creation.
This image shows that what had been sculpted was the raw material of a multiverse in order to create the multiverse.

Not Starman I do recall her saying that for Starman but after the event, there is still a missing portion.

She didn't create it, she “formed” it into a functioning Multiverse. The materials of the Multiverse needed to be formed. The “Totality” is the power she hoarded, the materials were given specifically for her to form into a Multiverse. She did that and refused to die and start gathering energy and whatever she had that was locked with her became the Totality.

That power is not the same thing. The Materials were taken by Unseen Hand which later sent Perpetua to take “those” materials a fashion them into a “functioning” Multiverse.

The Unseen Hand is not Perpetua. The powers that she hoarded were after the Multiverse was already created. From what we've seen even with her full power, I don't think she could create it. The only being other than the Presence/Source with the capabilities of making Creation from nothing is Michael Demiurgos. That power was what she could gather while having to fend off the things the Source sent.
I do not really agree with this. If I gave you the raw materials to build a house, the house is not already "formed", it must be built with these materials. Sorry for the bad analogy, but the same goes for Perpetua. She had shaped these materials into a multiverse and was meant to return to The Source afterwards but refused to die and kept the power for herself. The materials of the multiverse were caged along with Perpetua and her Apex Predators in the Source Wall. But anyway, we should really make another for that.

Last edited:
I do not really agree with this. If I gave you the raw materials to build a house, the house is not already "formed", it must be built with these materials. Sorry for the bad analogy, but the same goes for Perpetua. She had shaped these materials into a multiverse and was meant to return to The Source afterwards but refused to die and kept the power for herself. The materials of the multiverse were caged along with Perpetua and her Apex Predators in the Source Wall. But anyway, we should really make another for that.
I agree with 2-A with Low 1-C when she has Totality.

I agree with 2-A with Low 1-C when she has Totality.
Okay then. 😉 She could even be 2-B, at least Low 1-C with the Totality since I doubt that the Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave really destroyed infinite universes, because how can infinite universes be collapsed to five universes unless the number is finite? But anyway that's for another crt.

These were Elizio's recommendations for the 3 cosmologies:

DeMatteis:
Here's my proposal regarding DeMatteis cosmology:

Material Multiverse: 2-A (There're infinite parallel dimensions with each decision creating a new universe)

Heaven: Low 1-C (Indra's Fourth Heaven contains places that are not places that transcend places and days that are not days that transcend days. Beyond human understanding)

Collective Unconscious: Low 1-C (A metaphysical realm beyond time-space that is considered as a place of the mind and purely of our consciousness)

Pralaya: Low 1-C, possibly 1-C (God's unconscious and Sea of Brahma from which the entirety of Creation, which includes Heavens and the Collective Unconscious, and the Creator itself, an aspect of God, emerged and would eventually return)

The Divine Presence: 1-C, possibly High 1-C or At least 1-C (The overarching presence behind Creation and beyond Pralaya. Dreamed the entirety of Creation which exist on many different levels of reality)

Snyder:
Godhead Darkseid: At least 2-C, possibly 2-A (Low 1-C with our current tierings)

Hecate/The Upside-Down Man: At least 2-C, possibly 2-A (Low 1-C with our current tierings)

The Monitors/Mandrakk/The Thought Robot: Low 1-C (At least Low 1-C with our current tierings)

Mr. Mxyzptlk/Bat-Mite: Low 1-C (At least Low 1-C with our current tierings)

The Monitor/Anti-Monitor/The World Forger: Low 1-C (1-C with our current tierings)

Perpetua/Dr. Manhattan/The Darkest Knight/Anti-Crisis Wonder Woman/The Hands: At least Low 1-C (1-C with our current tierings)

The Source/Monitor-Mind/The Presence: 1-C (1-A with our current tierings)

Vertigo:
Yahweh Creation: 2-A (Universe in Vertigo refers to the totality of existence which contains infinite timelines)

Heaven and Hell: Low 1-C (Aren't part of the created order of things and predates and transcends creation)

The Endless: Low 1-C, possibly 1-C (Are the primordial truths of Yahweh's Creation in all its aspects, including all other versions of Creation that precede and follow Yahweh's)

Mother Night and Father Time: Low 1-C, possibly 1-C (Their interplay is what made all version of Creation possible, and they are the source of the reality changing power of dreams which can retroactively change Creation and creates gods, including Yahweh)

Mansions of Silence: Low 1-C (Exists far, far beyond Heaven and the reach of Death of the Endless)

Yahweh: Low 1-C, possibly 1-C (Created the Archangels and can easily destroy them. Defined every variable, the physical rules with his own will. Manipulated the Void)

The Void: 1-C (The infinite and eternal Void beyond time and space)

So Elizio, Goofy, Robo, I appreciate the discussion taking place and I'm glad it's constructive, but remember that our revision project conversation thread went on for 40 pages, so we can go on forever with the minutia if we take that route. Let's just get everything in the right ballpark. We split the cosmology, and the ratings are roughly correct. We still have a lot of work ahead of us updating these profiles and it'd be best if we didn't delay it with really specific discussions, but I encourage you guys to talk privately and plan future CRTs to fine-tune it.

Elizio's suggested tiering quoted in the comment linked below seems acceptable.

It seems better to implement this, begin to update the profiles, and leave the minutia of each character and realm to later content revision threads, so we are not delayed indefinitely due to trying to reach a consensus regarding every single detail.

Agreed. I am willing to update the blog/sandbox in order to align it with the current tiers, and then we can start systematically updating the profiles affected by it, which might take some time.

I mean, based on the fact she needed to recharge herself after a busting a single universe, couldn't one argue that her ability to make multiversal structures doesn't correlate to her ability to destroy them? That would make much more sense than ignoring her "low showing" (plus the fact that she is destroying universes one by one at a relatively slow rate) and contending that she is strictly Low 1-C, I feel. It would logically follow from there that the ultra monitor/the brothers scale below her on panel demonstrated AP, which is only Universe Level+.

Last edited:
I mean, based on the fact she needed to recharge herself after a busting a single universe, couldn't one argue that her ability to make multiversal structures doesn't correlate to her ability to destroy them? That would make much more sense than ignoring her "low showing" (plus the fact that she is destroying universes one by one at a relatively slow rate) and contending that she is strictly Low 1-C, I feel. It would logically follow from there that the ultra monitor/the brothers scale below her on panel demonstrated AP, which is only Universe Level+.
For now, the project will follow. Any additional add-ins comes later. Destroying Universe by Universe isn't Low 1-C, she scales to 6D granting her that tier. Her feats are much less and lackluster than that.

Last edited:
I partially agree with your point of view but Perpetua with the Totality created the multiverse (I still believe that she made the Sixth Dimension as the "penthouse" and "control room" of her creation but whatever) and it has been said many times that she can rearrange the multiverse in her image, hence the reason for 2-A, at least Low 1-C with the Totality. The 2-A tier is because she scales above the Ultra-Monitor whose power is unlike anything the Anti-Monitor has felt before, which should include the power state that he had when he was about to obliterate the infinite universes at the dawn of time. Anyway, let's wait until we make another crt to talk about all of this. This one seems to have achieved consensus and should not be overloaded with derailment. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back