• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The DC Comics Cosmology Revision Project - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not knowledgeable about the higher tiers of DC, but from what you're saying, if each layer is more "real" and "closer" then the previous, that certainly sounds like superiority.
There's a difference between qualitative superiority and just superiority.

Perpetua has superiors but they are akin to her in level. Those dreams are a connected to the Oversoul not individuality transcendence amongst each dream.

A qualitative superiority shown is the Divine Presence and Mahapralaya. He completely transcends everything and dreams. Each dream is just a step closer to God.

Everyone, just chill. No more personal matters. Non-constructive post will be removed.
I agree we should chill but this VeryGoofyToddler person is a previously inactive account that randomly barged into this thread without permission. He should be removed from it like all the others who didn’t ask for permission to participate in these threads. Not removing him would be unfair.

This is literally a Twitter statement from a YouTuber.

I agree we should chill but this VeryGoofyToddler person is a previously inactive account that randomly barged into this thread without permission. He should be removed from it like all the others who didn’t ask for permission to participate in these threads.
Is this the supposed guideline that you assume should be the rule of thumb? Having been previously inactive to relating threads and barging in without permission aren't a correlation as to why I should not participate in an open community assessment of what we should do with a revision of the project. If it were such a problem then the staff would have done so a long time ago as I have provided some viewpoint and assessment to this thread.
Not removing him would be unfair.
Is this just a personal vendetta? I disagree with your view as most people here did as well as the best you've come up with is removing me for apparent “unfairness.”

I agree we should chill but this VeryGoofyToddler person is a previously inactive account that randomly barged into this thread without permission. He should be removed from it like all the others who didn’t ask for permission to participate in these threads. Not removing him would be unfair.

This is literally a Twitter statement from a YouTuber.
  • Death Metal implied that the Source and the Presence are the same thing.
  • The Map of the Multiverse labels Monitor-Mind and the Source as the same white void beyond the Source Wall.
  • Grant Morrison said that the Source and the Monitor-Mind are the same, just like Scott Snyder saying that the Source and the Presence are the same.

I’m not gonna comment much on where the cosmologies scale but I will respond to this, Final Fantasy has an exact statement for one of the villains in the series being stated to transcend all concepts in the Japanese text, however it’s not really elaborated on what these concepts include, so this wouldn’t grant 1-A, let alone Transduality of any kind if that’s the extent of the scans. This can be argued for the character to resist conceptual manipulation type 2 or 1 depending on what concepts exist in the verse but that’s it. Just wanted to answer this question
Morrison makes it very clear that it is literally every conceptual dichotomy and opposition. Literally any dual conceptual system.

KKz46mY.png

Even if something is "meant" by the author/writer/whatever, dosen't mean we should threat it that way. There are other verses who mention "beyond all conception" or "beyond all concepts" or whatever, but we still threat those as concepts mentioned specifically in the verse.

Even if something is "meant" by the author/writer/whatever, dosen't mean we should threat it that way.
What?
There are other verses who mention "beyond all conception" or "beyond all concepts" or whatever, but we still threat those as concepts mentioned specifically in the verse.
Is your point that because Morrison didn't mention every conceptual dichotomy the Monitor isn't transdual? That he must in order for the Monitor to be non-dual / transdual?

What?

Is your point that because Morrison didn't mention every conceptual dichotomy that he must in order for the Monitor to be non-dual / transdual?
You can't know if he also meant the concept of dimensions to be included lol.
That's just straight up headcanon.

That's a silly restriction, the point of the Moniter Mind is that it does not have any dual systems within it, those are within the multiverses which are within the Moniter. That's why Morrison calls it non-dual, "in which all contradictions are resolved into unity". The concepts of space, time or dimensions don't need to be mentioned to be included.

kJbxZgu.png

jVxAV92.png

I would argue the conceptual distinction of "Is" and "Isn't" are way more fundamental than the concepts of space, time and dimensionality.

Last edited:
You can't know if he also meant the concept of dimensions to be included lol.
That's just straight up headcanon.
  • The Overvoid is an immense awareness without limits or definition.
  • Described as integrating all dual concepts and cannot be contained or halved.
  • It is described as the ultimate concept, above all others.
  • The Overvoid engulfed the concepts of Time and Space of Nil.
The comics seem to show that it does.

• The Overvoid is an immense awareness without limits or definition.
  • Described as integrating all dual concepts and cannot be contained or halved.
  • It is described as the ultimate concept, above all others.
  • The Overvoid engulfed the concepts of Time and Space of Nil.
The comics seem to show that it does.
Why would that include the concept of dimensionality? But either way, being beyond or above spatial dimensions isn't 1-A anymore unless there is a proof those dimensions are superior to each other.

being beyond or above spatial dimensions isn't 1-A anymore unless there is a proof those dimensions are superior to each other
I take it that's already been proven for DC? I mean it looking at the blog, it should be obvious that there's the regular multiverse then there's the sphere of gods which is considered a higher dimension, then there's the monitor's sphere considered a higher dimension to Limbo. All of which are superior to each other.

pymCA2f.png

Limbo is also shown on the Multiverse Map to transcend the sphere of gods, so there's that.

hjU0hcp.jpg

I take it that's already been proven for DC? I mean it looking at the blog, it should be obvious that there's the regular multiverse then there's the sphere of gods which is considered a higher dimension, then there's the monitor's sphere considered a higher dimension to Limbo. All of which are superior to each other.

pymCA2f.png

Limbo is also shown on the Multiverse Map to transcend the sphere of gods, so there's that.

hjU0hcp.jpg
Those are planes of reality not spatial dimensions.

Why would that include the concept of dimensionality? But either way, being beyond or above spatial dimensions isn't 1-A anymore unless there is a proof those dimensions are superior to each other.
Dimensionality is a sub-concept used to describe a space. The concept of dimensionality in the current context can't exist without the concept of space. Dimensional Manipulation is just a subset of Spatial Manipulation.

Space (1-D, 2-D, 3-D, etc.)

The current blog has shown that there are several layers of qualitative superiority.

Dimensionality is a sub-concept used to describe a space. The concept of dimensionality in the current context can't exist without the concept of space. Dimensional Manipulation is just a subset of Spatial Manipulation.

Space (1-D, 2-D, 3-D, etc.)

The current blog has shown that there are several layers of qualitative superiority.
Of planes of reality not spatial dimensions.

For the record, even our Reality-Fiction Standards support using dimensions with their qualitative superiority.

"Viewing [a 10-Dimensional High 1-C structure] as fiction [would be the equivalent of an 11-D High 1-C.]"

"Depending on the details and depictions of the Reality-Fiction Transcendence, it can be more than a simple 'dimensional jump'."

For the record, even our Reality-Fiction Standards support using dimensions with their qualitative superiority.

"Viewing [a 10-Dimensional High 1-C structure] as fiction [would be the equivalent of an 11-D High 1-C.]"
We are using 4-D or 5-D and so on shit for verses that don't even mention spatial dimensions or even work on this theory.
11-D in this case just means being infinitely bigger that the lower world/realm/whatever and not necessarily spatial dimensions from the real world.

We are using 4-D or 5-D and so on shit for verses that don't even mention spatial dimensions or even work on this theory.
11-D in this case just means being infinitely bigger that the lower world/realm/whatever and not necessarily spatial dimensions from the real world.
"Speaking in simple terms, a "dimension" can be considered an axis of movement and measurement, through which beings and objects can displace themselves throughout a given physical system."

"The reason it is called qualitative superiority is that, instead of quantitative terms such as being 2 times, 100 times or even infinite times more powerful or greater, this type of superiority is typically justified by the nature of the superiority. The most standard case is dimensionality, where a difference in the quality that is dimensionality, implies the necessary quantitative difference. Another typical example is reality-fiction differences. Those are cases like viewing a plane of reality as mere fiction, like for example writing on a sheet of paper or a dream. They are assumed to imply superiority of a similar scale."

By our site definitions, yes, qualitative superiority => higher spatial dimension.

"Speaking in simple terms, a "dimension" can be considered an axis of movement and measurement, through which beings and objects can displace themselves throughout a given physical system."

By our site definition, yes, qualitative superiority = higher spatial dimension.
"Can" dosen't mean it's 100% at the time.
Low 1-C characters in some verses have not mentioned any spatial dimensions at all and are considered low 1-C anyway, because 4-D can just mean being infinitely transended over the universe/multiverse/ etc

"Can" dosen't mean it's 100% at the time.
Low 1-C characters in some verses have not mentioned any spatial dimensions at all and are considered low 1-C anyway, because 4-D can just mean being infinitely transended over the universe/multiverse/ etc
If a realm has one more axis of movement than another, is the former realm not higher dimensional?

We are clearly shown that the Sphere of the Gods and Nil have more axis of movement than the realm below them.

The Fifth Dimension is a higher spatial dimension, but it's not literally 5-D. It was named this long ago, and cosmology has evolved since then. The Fifth Dimension encompasses everything on the multiverse map, except the Source Wall.

The 6th Dimension is a new addition, being shown as larger than the Multiverse Structure. The Overvoid Source Wall is above this realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back