• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The continuation of ignorant statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh oh oh, here is a good one I found. Paraphrased:

"Kami Tenchi and the LHW have never been shown to block ki, therefore Goku one-shots with a Ki blast"

Blahblah9755 said:
@Paulo does that mean Bolt as in Usain Bolt, or us there some Bolt I don't know of?
Yeah, it was about who could run faster, Batman or Usain Bolt, but that's not the point, the guy was scaling from a character in a totaly different franchise.

Ryukama said:
I obviously cannot speak for every person on this site, but the overwhelming majority of users are not racist in the absolute slightest from my experience. Staff heavily discourages bigotry of any kind and have blocked people countless times for acting discriminatory. Along with several staff members being people of color.

Unless that DB fanboy can bring any actual examples of staff or well respected members here acting in a racist way, his claims are no more valid than an offended idealogue who cries racism when they're losing an argument and have nothing of substance to say.
I ******* love this entire comment. It's just....(cries)

LOL

I'm Indian as well and became a staff member not too long after joining. Racist my ass. This place is very friendly and very accepting so long as you're not a douchebag or actual xenophobe.

"Team B would win, because most characters in Team A are too used to fight alongside a team, while most characters in Team B are better at fighting on their own."

^TBH that's not too ignorant depending on the team or single person or how they operate, though team A wins with better teamwork.

Gargoyle 1 said:
^TBH that's not too ignorant depending on the team or single person or how they operate, though team A wins with better teamwork.
The guy who said that is the same guy who said "The character may have broken the sound barrier in this scene, but they never specifically said the he is faster than sound", and then when I showed some lightning dodging feats, he said "Where is your proof that lightnings on this franchise move as fast as real lightnings?"... I really should stop trying to debate on G+.

• speed is equalized*
"Um well *insert character here* can keep dodging"

(I'm not vaguing anyone I've just seen this too many times)

Well to be fair, speed equalization =/= agility equalization. A character can be significantly more agile than another despite having equal speed.

Darkanine said:
Well to be fair, speed equalization =/= agility equalization. A character can be significantly more agile than another despite having equal speed.
Or they could still dodge through superior fighting skill or precognition.

Ainex234 said:
The same guy who said that Goku can one-shot TOAA because "he don't have any feat, although if he blast something then he could be stronge, but while he does not show his power, he will be just a old ma."

This blogger is just in a another level of debating.

More like another level of trolling and Poe's law.

"Luffy's conqueror's haki can knock out fishmen who are 10x stronger than humans, so it will easily knock out Lucy Heartfillia who's only as strong as a normal human"

Dragonmasterxyz said:
"Said series is crap and thus the characters are weak"
So by this logic quality=power.....Sad that this is an argument....
I guess Suggs is the greatest writer who ever lived and Shakespeare is a talentless hack then lol

Dragon, don't you know that Suggverse is the best work of fiction ever conceived?

Edit:Ninja'd by Ryu

C'mon we all know Suggs has the best quality of all of fiction. That's a no brainer. I mean look at how powerful those characters are....I can't even keep a straight face.....XD

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just know that every tier 10 character is from a series of shitty writing and every tier 1 has the best writing in existence.
IMO, tier 10 and 9 fighting verses, unless they are blatantly in the normal world, feel underwhelming to me. I hate the uber megaverse busters of tier 1, but tier 10/9 feels just as boring. I prefer anything from 8-C to 4-C, anything after that feels boring unless it is sci-fi

@Ryu

Joking aside, it is kind of sad that people genuinely think that. Liking cool action scenes is one thing, but thinking a series is completely crap because it doesn't Shonen-Manga level of feats is pretty close minded.

@FanofRPGs

IMO, more grounded fights are really cool to see in fiction. One of the reasons why I love the 2012 TMNT series is that it has a balance between really big, large scale fights with giant monsters or super mutants, but also down to earth brawls. Sure, seeing the four Turtles fight off an entire army of robots is cool, but watching an injured April O'Neal struggle to throw Karai down stairs is satisfying in its own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back