• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading the cosmology. Oooo, spooky. (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Ultra Instinct Regeneration thread is closed.
Room for another?

This is the original thread.
Here is a series of counterarguments, because nobody did a lick of research.

About the dimension of the other world is called Universe, Toei's website stating this.
Episode summary, which is supporting evidence. Can be ignored, especially because not a single line of dialogue in the entire universe references "outer space", let alone "the universe".
It's said to be a different dimension
Correct.
This, aptly titled, Anomalous Space is described as "vast anomalous space [spread] throughout" a room within the Grand Kai's palace, too. "Anomalous", of course, meaning "irregular".

Correction: "According to Article 1351 of the [Other World Tournament] rulebook, the arena's ceiling and floor are regarded as one and the same. The reason being that if you turn the ring upside-down, the ceiling becomes the floor." Hey, did anybody check Luffy for using statements from the English dub?
The whole Universe has an end, is it possible to reach the end of the Universe as in mangás
Did...
Did anybody check Luffy for using statements from Saint Seiya??????????

That ceiling was just the stage, not specifically the spacetime itself which is considered Universal size.
DoKGJc8.png

mmm...

Neutral: @Nullflowerblush
Don't do that. I didn't cast a vote.

In conclusion,
the Anomalous Space should be removed from the cosmology as an additional universal space-time continuum.

Hey, isn't this dimension an extension of the Grand Kai's palace? Why is its temporal axis considered separate from the Grand Kai's palace?

The Anomalous Space is currently considered one of, like, seven-ish space-time continua within Universe 7. This thread is to change that.
To just being part of another established space time? Will hear more opinions but from the scans you posted I sort of agree. I do think it might be something similar to the ROSAT so that's why I'm being careful not to jump to saying it's not a different space-time. No idea about it's size though. If it wasn't stated somewhere to be as big as a universe then it's most liekly not. Also why is a saint seiya scan on there?

Yeah, the evidence for Grand Kai's Dimension (along with Hell) be Low 2-C always felt iffy.

At most the realm can be argue to be Multi-Solar System level due of having a starry sky, and nothing more than that.

Count me as agree, until someone can counter the arguments or find further evidence.

Last edited:
Hold on, what about this though? Is this not evidence for it to be low 2-C?

Also, your magikarp64 link doesn't work for me.

According to the OP, the kanji translated as extra-dimensional was [異空間], which means “different space” as opposed to [異次元], a more connotative kanji which literally means “different dimension” and is more akin to the English’s “extra-dimensional.” According to Luffy though, 異次元 could be found in the original scan, so if someone can read past this blur and prove that, it could potentially save his argument.

According to the OP, the kanji translated as extra-dimensional was [異空間], which means “different space” as opposed to [異次元], a more connotative kanji which literally means “different dimension” and is more akin to the English’s “extra-dimensional.” According to Luffy though, 異次元 could be found in the original scan, so if someone can read past this blur and prove that, it could potentially save his argument.
I don't know the current topic and don't care much, but 異次元 is indeed present in the scan.

This seems like a very slight downgrade that wouldn't really effect the tier. And battle field seemed like Grand Kai's stadium located on Grand Kai's planet, not sure how it got interpreted as an extra universe. I think this is a fine proposal.

So let me get this straight.
I don't know the current topic and don't care much, but 異次元 is indeed present in the scan.
We've got the literal kanji for 'different dimension', and that has been officially translated as extra-dimensional in the Daizenshuu.
Not only that, the episode preview refers to the place as a universe which aligns with the visuals presented in the show.

Why is anyone here agreeing with this downgrade? Because Luffy brought up Saint Seya??

"different dimension" can also just mean a different realm/space as well. Executor has explained that the Japanese word "dimension" is just as diverse and context-dependent as in English and thus isn't automatically proof of a spatial dimension.
It was officially translated as extra-dimensional, and fits contextually. What evidence do you have pointing for this not to be the case, and for you to willingly take a view contrary to that of the supplementary information?

not sure how it got interpreted as an extra universe.
8QNmVSO.jpeg

Nothing was interpreted, it was stated. What are you not sure of here?
Agreed with the OP.
What do you agree with? The only two debunks present in the OP are where Null willingly chooses to ignore the episode summary, which might I add is non-contradictory and therefore not a debunk, and him going against Luffy's Saint Seya thing which is completely irrelevant to the point at hand. What are you agreeing with? What are you disagreeing with?

It was officially translated as extra-dimensional, and fits contextually. What evidence do you have pointing for this not to be the case, and for you to willingly take a view contrary to that of the supplementary information?
not to argue too much but terms such as "extra dimensional" means very little, it mainly means "more than 3 dimensions", which, is true for every dimension in the macrocosm due to what the dimensional walls of the macrocosm are

What do you agree with? The only two debunks present in the OP are where Null willingly chooses to ignore the episode summary, which might I add is non-contradictory and therefore not a debunk
I believe episode summaries are bottom of the barrel-tier evidence and not sufficient grounds for a CRT.

What are you agreeing with?
Downgrading it from being considered a universe unto itself.

not to argue too much but terms such as "extra dimensional" means very little, it mainly means "more than 3 dimensions", which, is true for every dimension in the macrocosm due to what the dimensional walls of the macrocosm are
If it’s more than 3 dimensions, it’s at least 4. There’s no such thing as something like “3.1 dimensions”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back