• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The big issue of DBZ Lifting Strenght...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are pretty much 3 times the size of Earth

I can't see this video in my country... But I found it and it looks inconsistent with the appearance of the nameless planet in the manga and the anime. Remember that the arena stage is only 50 square meters. And that you can see it from outer space in both anime and manga. So I don't really trust that 37,196.2204 km diameter statement.

I can't see this video in my country... But I found it and it looks inconsistent with the appearance of the nameless planet in the manga and the anime. Remember that the arena stage is only 50 square meters. And that you can see it from outer space in both anime and manga. So I don't really trust that 37,196.2204 km diameter statement.
Zuno knows everything so I don’t know why you would doubt it

That doesn't excuse inconsistencies.
Indeed.

431.jpg

I do believe that these kinds of things could count as LS. Ki is something with mass. Lifting ki is usually just as hard as lifting an actual weight. So yes, this should count as lifting strength

Brooo what's going on here? Do we finally get a good lifting strength feat in DB or what?

Okay, genius, how much weight was behind the blast?
Does Frieza have Class T Lifting Strength because he pushed Goku into a mountain? He has to be able to lift the mountain to do that?

And, since when does Ki have mass? Ki is energy—energy has no mass.

If it doesn't have mass, why didn't goku just yeet it away? Technically if it has zero mass, wouldn't the atomic structure of all attacks has no mass, thus no energy?
See you need some silly arguments to say that ki has zero mass
We see the blast actively using force, speed and mass to push goku against a platou ish something like that

If it doesn't have mass, why didn't goku just yeet it away? Technically if it has zero mass, wouldn't the atomic structure of all attacks has no mass, thus no energy?
See you need some silly arguments to say that ki has zero mass
We see the blast actively using force, speed and mass to push goku against a platou ish something like that
Because goku powers himself with ki all over his body, is ki vs ki, and ki can push stuff just like energy does, must I remind you that mechanic energy is a thing?

Joules have no mass, and yet if there is a direction, getting them transferred to you will push you around.

Technically, its mass doesn't matter, and if it did have mass, it wouldn't be quantifiable anyway.

Though, I will say, it might not have a weight, but it does have a force. You could probably calculate how much force is behind it given it did push Goku through a mountain, and while that is AP, so is a truck smashing into a wall, but if someone stopped that truck, you could get LS off it via the force and momentum of the object. It'd be a tad tough but it's entirely possible to get the force behind that ki blast based on the feat and apply that to Goku's LS, or more like downscale it to him, given it took him a handful of seconds which would directly effect the result by potential magintudes.

Okay, genius, how much weight was behind the blast?
Does Frieza have Class T Lifting Strength because he pushed Goku into a mountain? He has to be able to lift the mountain to do that?

And, since when does Ki have mass? Ki is energy—energy has no mass.
Maybe, but that’s not always the case in fiction lol. In this case, it clearly has mass and density. There are other examples even from the exact same fight.

Maybe, but that’s not always the case in fiction lol. In this case, it clearly has mass and density. There are other examples even from the exact same fight.
Didn't also freiza failed to push against the spirit bomb that can " crush the planet ", then the constantly reflect their blast, and when goku bear hugged that beerus ball, or when he pushed against lava [altho filler]

Didn't also freiza failed to push against the spirit bomb that can " crush the planet ", then the constantly reflect their blast, and when goku bear hugged that beerus ball, or when he pushed against lava [altho filler]
True, tho I’m not too sure about that last one. There’s another example of LS from the same fight where goku stops one of frieza’s attacks which would have destroyed the entire planet and deflects it…

True, tho I’m not too sure about that last one. There’s another example of LS from the same fight where goku stops one of frieza’s attacks which would have destroyed the entire planet and deflects it…
It was filler sadly, but I also wonder how much Weight is needed to "crush an entire planet " maybe we can somehow calculate it

In this case, it clearly has mass and density.
It does not "clearly" have mass and density. "Clearly" having mass and density would be if someone stated as such.

You do not need to have mass in order to exert a force. Light, for example, carries zero mass, but it can transfer momentum onto objects upon colliding with the object, a result of their electromagnetic field interacting with the matter. Another example of something with zero mass imposing some sort of force against objects is gravity. It has recently been discovered that gravity acts at the speed of light—as does light (see the pattern)—and nothing with mass in the real world can move at the speed of light whatsoever. In spite of that, gravity is still a universal force, weighing down on everything.

Having mass is not a requirement for exerting a force.

So you're saying that since ki blasts can push mountains left and right, the force they carry should be as strong if not even stronger than that? I understand the logic, but as long as there are feats like Goku struggling with weights, there's no way we can use this.

Ki blasts in Dragon ball are clearly not just energy or otherwise characters wouldn't be able to physically interact with it.

So you're saying that since ki blasts can push mountains left and right, the force they carry should be as strong if not even stronger than that? I understand the logic, but as long as there are feats like Goku struggling with weights, there's no way we can use this.

Ki blasts in Dragon ball are clearly not just energy or otherwise characters wouldn't be able to physically touch it.
Bro, non physical interaction.

Ki blasts in Dragon ball are clearly not just energy or otherwise characters wouldn't be able to physically interact with it.
Name a single non-Ki user that can interact with ki.

Ki has been described time and time again as "energy", "life energy", "the body's latent energy", "fighting energy"; hell, ki has even been used interchangeably with "spirit" as of the Galactic Patrolman Saga.

Ki has been described time and time again as "energy", "life energy", "the body's latent energy", "fighting energy"; hell, ki has even been used interchangeably with "spirit" as of the Galactic Patrolman Saga.
It doesn't need to be 100% accurate with reality. It's blatantly obvious that they exert pushing force and that several characters can push back that same force. It would be very disingenuous to assume otherwise.

If we used real logic all the time, every single FTL character should have infinite energy/time manipulation on their profiles, wich it's obviously not the case.

Since when people die from it-
or get shoot by it-
Or when the ground gets shattered, explodes. I guess the ground is a ki user
Earth page when

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back