• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The big issue of DBZ Lifting Strenght...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's blatantly obvious that they exert pushing force and that several characters can push back that same force.
You do not need to have mass in order to exert a force. Light, for example, carries zero mass, but it can transfer momentum onto objects upon colliding with the object, a result of their electromagnetic field interacting with the matter. Another example of something with zero mass imposing some sort of force against objects is gravity. It has recently been discovered that gravity acts at the speed of light—as does light (see the pattern)—and nothing with mass in the real world can move at the speed of light whatsoever. In spite of that, gravity is still a universal force, weighing down on everything.

Having mass is not a requirement for exerting a force.
It doesn't need to be 100% accurate with reality.
What the hell are you even arguing?

What the hell are you even arguing?
preview.jpg

It does not "clearly" have mass and density. "Clearly" having mass and density would be if someone stated as such.

You do not need to have mass in order to exert a force. Light, for example, carries zero mass, but it can transfer momentum onto objects upon colliding with the object, a result of their electromagnetic field interacting with the matter. Another example of something with zero mass imposing some sort of force against objects is gravity. It has recently been discovered that gravity acts at the speed of light—as does light (see the pattern)—and nothing with mass in the real world can move at the speed of light whatsoever. In spite of that, gravity is still a universal force, weighing down on everything.

Having mass is not a requirement for exerting a force.
Right, but we have eyes. It is energy which exerts force.

Did you...
did you just not read anything?
I think you need better eyes.
…bruh. I did… and I believe it to be wrong/incorrect.

clear enough for you? Ah, maybe not. I’ll make it simpler.

me saw, you wrong.

pretty much.

I apologize if I offended you, but you started this. Behave cordially and others like myself will follow suit.

Anyway, this should be closed before something bad happens. The discussion it's already derailed.

You assumed that energy can’t work differently in dragon ball than in real life.
You said that ki has mass because it exerts a force.
I refuted this by stating that you do not need to have mass to exert force.
Now you need to present further evidence that ki has mass.
You have to prove that it works differently now; that's how burden of proof works.

So, like I said I was gonna do. I calculated the size of the Super Dragon Balls. Because the size given in the Anime (37,196.2204 km in diameter) seems inconsistent with the visuals of the manga and the anime.

The arena's combat area is 50 square meters, so using that and the image below I got these numbers (I can post the whole calcs if needed, but meh) :
  • The Planet diameter is 964.316 m.
  • It's volume is 4.695E+8 m³
  • It's mass (using the density of seifertite - 4.294 g/cm³) is 20,160,330,000 kg. (Class G) * 7 = 141,122,310,000 kg. (Class G)
  • It's mass (using earth-like density, so not the real one) is 3.416E+16 kg. (Class P) * 7 = 2.391e+17 kg. (Class P)
  • The distance to horizon is 0.04 km or 40 m. (which seems consistent with the picture.)
  • And the Planet surface area is 2.921E+6 m².
Nameless_Planet_real_size.png

Well we have a statement of their size, we see them dwarfing the planet in the anime vs we see them as 50 meters in the tournament
Them being as big as planets is more consistent

Statements take precedence over calculations, and it's not the first time that objects and places seen from space appear much larger than they really are.

Actually, in the manga they are called wish granting planets, also we don't know how big the red planet is, so them being comparable to it doesn't prove anything besides that the planet is huge, we also have statement in the anime saying their size, we also see them dwarfing the planet
So statement + visual showings vs one inconsistent showing

Actually, in the manga they are called wish granting planets, also we don't know how big the red planet is, so them being comparable to it doesn't prove anything besides that the planet is huge, we also have statement in the anime saying their size, we also see them dwarfing the planet
So statement + visual showings vs one inconsistent showing
I got that yeah. But the thing is, that the "Red planet", also called the "Nameless Planet". Is one of the Super Dragon Ball. And since they all have the same shape and size, they should all have the size of the "nameless planet".
Also, I didn't find any picture of them, dwarfing the ""planet"", they have the same size when next to it in both manga, and anime.

I mean it looked dwarfing to me, and it's oddly familiar.....
Maybe I was tripping
No problem, I got a lot of things wrong too. Just like I surely have for that one lol.
Maybe I should have used an picture from the anime to increase the size?

I mean it looked dwarfing to me, and it's oddly familiar.....
Maybe I was tripping
Tbh at quick glance it did look like the planet was smaller, might be because the dragon balls seem to have some editing effects there because they look super overwhelming compared to that planet

Either way this CRT has derailed, so let's just stick to topics that have more or less been agreed upon then work our way up

I believe class M for DBS era characters was acceptable? (with canon multipliers stacked on top).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back