• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Beast Cole vs Thanos. The old version of this died, so here's a remake.

Also, it's a sequel to this: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2343789?useskin=oasis

~

Cole "The Beast" MacGrath leaned back into his makeshift throne, the ruins of New York burning around him. The Avengers had failed, the corpse of the Sorcerer Supreme lay cold under a pile of rubble. Humanity was dead and all that was left were the Conduits. Cole examined a glowing gemstone in his hands, a strange, alien power pulsing out of it. He had torn it from the head if the android vision and had begun examining it with curiosity. A portal opened in front of him and the Mad Titan stepped out. "And who the hell are you?" Cole asked, as he didn't recognize the stranger from his new civilization of Conduits. "A kindred spirit. You're not the only one cursed to do atrocities that no one else will for the sake of the greater whole." Thanos trailed off with a solemn look in his eyes. "You're not the only one whose had to sacrifice those closest to you to do so." Cole grunted and got up. "Great sentiment. Doesn't answer the question."

"I am Thanos. I have come to save the universe from itself. A world of finite resources with far to many people to sustain." Thanos gestured to the stone in Cole's hand. "Give me that stone and with a snap of my fingers I can save the world. Hslf the universe will die so the other half may live." Cole gave him a sideways look. "I just wiped out 90% of the population. You're going to kill half the people I gave left, possibly including me? Yeah, I don't think so." Thanos gave a tired sigh. "How disappointing. I assumed you of all people would understand." Before Cole could react, Thanos blasted him with a laser, reducing him to vapor. Thanos picked up the mind stone that dropped to the floor, placing it inside the gauntlet. As Thanos was nearly overwhelmed by the newfound power of the full infinity gauntlet, he failed to notice Cole pulling himself back together a short distance away. "You hit hard, big guy. But you should've led with something stronger. I'm not going to make the same mistake." The Titan locked eyes with The Beast. "I won't make the same mistake twice I assure you."

~

Beast Cole vs Complete Gauntlet Thanos. Speed Equalized.

Evil Cole Macgrath Background
vs.
Thanos pulls the moon

Schnee One said:
That.....Is a CRAZY awesome story
Why thank you! These are two of my favorite villains out there and both share similar motivations and goals, so figured I should put a lot of effort into it. Glad you appreciate it!

Anyway, to repay for the story.

Thanos has a massive AP advantage with the Gauntlet, but unless he powers it up to 5A, the blast won't bypass his regen, so it becomes a battle of Hax.

Transmutation fails due to Cole having resistance from the Beast.

Time Manipulation will work just fine but without being able to BFR like Strange it won't heat his regen alone.

What was Thanos's snap accepted as? Was it reality warping or Death Manipulation?

It says deconstruction on his profile. Heck, the page for deconstruction even has a picture of Thanos on it now.

Hmm.....

Okay, so what does Thanos have to beat his regen.

Coke with a Black Hole will kill him but that's the only solid option

The other one is RSB which gets blocked by shields or reversed by time stone or both

I'm thinking Cole pulling out one of his two trump cards is much more likely then Thanos pulling one of the dozens he has

Now I wonder how Thanos can avoid the black hole.

You know a scary thing to imagine would be if somehow Cole was able to pull a John and after being torn up by the Power Stone, starts to absorb its energy. Then you really have the Beast of the universe.

Anyway, leaning towards Incon

Cole's RSB gets noped by shields, time stone etc. But his Black Hole is not as avoidable, but Thanos does have the necessary tools to avoid it.

Thanos has a lot of tools, but 90 percent will be shrugged off by his regen

Seems incon to me but I'll wait before voting.

Time Stone probably.

Pretty sure there's a couple other things since the Black Holes are really easy to perceive

Shouldn't Cole have both the Time Stone and the Mind Stone since he's defeated both Vision and Dr. Strange at this point? Smh Wright keep up with your lore

Remind me, doesn't the Time Stone have to be activated in order to heal the user and time loop? Add that on top of Thanos needs to clench his fist in order to use the stones, it's more likely that he gets RSB'd before he gets the time to time loop.

Though, he can likely absorb the blast with one of the stones, idk if he can block the neuroelectricity drain or the radiation

Though considering that this is Full Gauntlet Thanos, isn't his mindset basically "Hurry up and snap to save the universe" How would the Snap effect Cole's regen?

Pretty sure with stuff like Thanos's snap, we need proof that it can work up to the level of the regen it's being used againt. Basically, we need evidence that he snap away micro quantum Regenerationn for it to work here.

That depends on what the snap is.

I heard from a couple that it was reality warping and while I'm not sure on it, Thanos would absolutely bypass if it is

It's deconstruction according to the profile. Again, the page image for deconstruction is literally the same image of Thanos used in this thread. I've mentioned this before.

Thanos: *snaps*

Cole: *doesn't die*

Thanos: *sweats nervously as he frantically starts snapping*

On a serious note, if it's just deconstruction I think Cole might just straight up resist since the Beast's black hole basically poofed any matter that touched it before absorbing and transmuting it. Which severely limits Thanos' wincon

On a side note, really interesting intro you here Wright. Never really noticed how similar Cole and Thanos are in their motivations and goals. Though you're right in that Beast Cole would never opt for a random life wipe of the universe since he sees himself and the Conduit race in general as the next step in human evolution and this would go out of his way to protect it. Which would put him at odds with Thanos' goals and views.

This would make for a great crossover story

I'm definitely considering it. I do have an account on the fanfiction site Archive of Our Own, so I'll probably try writing a story there after I finish one of my current ptojects.

The Wright Way said:
I'm definitely considering it. I do have an account on the fanfiction site Archive of Our Own, so I'll probably try writing a story there after I finish one of my current ptojects.
Oh shit really?

I'm willing to read whatever that project might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back