• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you guys would be interested in any of my current ones. They're both Steven Universe fanfictions. One of them only has three chapters left so I'll be able to start this crossover once that's done though.

God I wish I wasn't so lazy so that I could write an inFamous x MCU fanfic

So if Cole can resist Thanos' ultimate attack, what else besides sleep manipulation does Thanos have going for him?

You know there's an actual thing kinda like that. I know it involves Scott Pilgrim, Harry Potter, and the Avengers, I think Megaman too. It was crazy.

Oh and voting Tie.

Eh I'll vote for Cole I supposed

Much more likely to use his trump card then Thanos and his is much more likely to strike due to black holes being one of his best for destroying enemies while Thanos has petrification only as an option.

I hope this picks up speed soon, I have scenarios in mind for what to write depending on who wins.

Endgame might reveal that the snap involves soul stone shenanigans, but until then, Cole FRA (for pulling one of his winning moves faster than Thanos)

Well until we get more info on Soul Stone, I think I'm gonna have to go with Cole here. Thanos' snap likely gets resisted by Cole, and since that's his strongest attack, and his history of using his other haxy first is spotty at best, it's difficult to guess what he's gonna do after his initial attack fails. Whereas Cole has shown that he's willing to use his best hax from the get go as shown by the evil ending of inFamous 2. Evil Cole would have no issue using Ionic Drain to wipe out a city block just to kill one guy, collateral damage is practically his middle name. Plus, Thanos can't really counter the nuero-drain or the radiation.

tl;dr Cole via resistances and using hax more quickly

Me trying to copy Wright's style to wright an epilogue to his intro
Cole collapsed to his knees, exhausted beyond belief. Thanos was strong, stronger than Cole himself, far stronger than anybody he had ever fought before. A single blast from the Titan's gauntlet was enough to reduce him and the continent behind him to ashes, something that would be fatal to any normal man.
But Cole was no normal man, he was The Beast. Thanos' abilities with the gauntlet were impressive, yes. Cole's fire was absorbed and redirected, his lightning turned to frogs, his anti gravity field shut down, but at the end of the day, Cole's abilities ultimately won out. The Ray Field Blast, an ability that granted life and vitality to those gifted with the Conduit gene, and death and pestilence to everyone else, was what allowed Cole to gain victory.

But not without cost.

When the Titan had snapped his fingers as the beginning of the fight, something happened. Turns out Thanos' earlier claims about balance weren't just hot air, and after the initial flash of light, half of everyone around him was reduced to ash. Even Cole himself swore that didn't feel so good for a split second, but fortunately for him, his abilities made him far more difficult to kill than the average Conduit. But still, the damage was done. While Thanos was killed, he still accomplished his mission, and planet Earth now had far less people on it than it already did. Cole had failed to lead humanity to into the future. The Beast lowered his head in shame, defeated.

Which is how he noticed the golden gauntlet that was still attached to the dead Thanos.

Tentatively, Cole removed the gauntlet from the dead Titan, and slowly put it on. Suddenly, a burst of rainbow colored energy surged through his body, making him feel far more powerful than he had ever felt in his entire life. Even John's power transferral didn't feel this intense! After the lights died down, Cole looked down at his new weapon, all the while noticing the changes to his person. His whole being was overflowing with blood red lighting, fire, Ray Field Radiation and rainbow colored Infinity Stone energy.

"Cole?," the quiet voice of his ally, Lucy Kuo, who had somehow survived the Snap, called out, "What do we do now? Almost everyone is dead..."

Cole looked down at the Infinity Gauntlet for a few seconds, before a devilish smile broke out on his face, "Kuo, lets just say that isn't gonna be much of a problem for much longer," he clenched his fist to allow more power to flow through him, "Cause with this thing, reality can be whatever I want."

Watch out universe, The Beast has a new toy

Btw, according to Thanos's profile:

Soul Stone: Directly linked with, and representing the souls of all sentient beings in the Universe, the Soul Stone grants Thanos the power to manipulate the souls of his victims, allowing him to end the lives of his victims with but a snap of his fingers. When further empowered by the Five Other Stones combined, this ability can be performed on a universal scale.

So apperently we also accept the snap to be Soul Manipulation (?). Would this change the outcome?

That was how it worked in the comics as well.

I'm not sure of it changes the outcome, if he snaps immediately Cole has a 50% chance of dying, otherwise Thanos is dead due to the gauntlet breaking

If he doesn't Snap, he dies due to RSB

Cole and Thanos stood huffing and puffing over the destroyed battlefield that was once New York, Cole was still wincing in pain as his arm was slowly reforming. Thanos could barely stand, the radiation was eating away at him and with his bio-electricity drained, he was to weak to even as much as close his fist to rewind time. Thanos stumbled over backwards, landing on his back while Cole let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "You know, for as much as you talked up that fancy glove, it didn't seem to help you much." Cole mocked. "Have your laugh, I've already won." Thanos quickly gathered the last if his strength and closed his fist. However, his aim was not to rewind time. He knew Cole would simply blast him again and could likely keep going as long as he needed too. Instead, the mind stone began to glow. Cole could feel it's power digging into his skull, forcefully drilling its way through his mental barriers. There, he saw the Titan's life unfold. An ignored warning, an inevitable outcome, the swell of parental pride and the unending guilt and shame of having to severe it.

Likewise, Thanos saw Cole's life unfold before him. An ignored call to action, the inevitable consequences, the hard and impossible chouces that needed to be made. He saw Cole fail to save Trish as his future self killed her, he saw the lengths he'd go to to prevent that from happening again. He saw Cole force himself to kill his last friend and abandon his last shred of humanity to make an impossible choice.

Two tyrants, dark lords of unspeakable power and body counts in the billions who sacrificed all they had to accomplish their idea of the "greater good." As the visions faded, Thanos asked a question.

"Tell me, MacGrath, did you succeed?" Cole rubbed his head and nodded solemnly at the question. "And it cost you everything. You're the only one who could understand." Cole walked over to his fallen enemy, deciding to ask one last question as his life slipped away. "You said you already won, what did you mean?" Thanos smilied. "I know the kind of man you are, MacGrath. When I'm gone, you'll take the Gauntlet and set out to conquer the stars. In doing so you'll kill trillions, subjugate thousands of civilizations. You're conquest will be the balancing force on the universe. Your armies will decimate all that I missed and you'll ultimately save the world from itself." Cole gave an understanding nodded and rose to claim his prize. Before he did, he gave one final comment. A last remark to a man who'd earned his respect. "I'm sorry about everything that happened to you." Thanos sleepily closed his eyes. "Don't be, thanks to you, I'll be able to see Gamora again. And you'll be there to watch the sun set on a grateful universe." And the Titan finally died, Cole removed the Gauntlet from his arm. As he put it on, he felt a godly power flow into him unlike any he'd felt before. The closest he'd felt before being when he became the Beast. As the surge stopped, Cole gazed at the stars, overlooking what soon be his new empire. He'd balance the universe and after that he'd stand at it's center.

The universe would kneel to the Beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back