• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann and Granzeboma Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's a reason to assume such. Not all fictions must treat dimensions in the same way, which is something we've historically taken into account.

Well, wouldn't it just contradict what we see to apply this to it, when it's shown to not work in such a fashion?

I have unlocked the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

@Ant

I messed up with the "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann" title

The correct title is:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Mech)

He already said he's neutral toward it; the input of other staff would be needed.

Err...

So, someone's given Gurren Lagan a 2-C tab. I thought that was only STTGL that got that rating?

Also, why does that tab not have a listing for speed, striking strength, range, etc...?

@Perpetual

I'm still in the process of seeing if that's legit and giving proof for it if it is.

If it's not (or has already been gone over before), it can be easily removed.

Proof:

Proof3894734
More proof2
More proof3
More proof4
More proof

Hmm... it's certainly possible, then, though one could argue its still borrowing a lot of the leftover spiral energy of its TTGL form prior to this, since- if I recall correctly- they had just ejected from it mid-clash to take on the Anti-Spiral directly? Isn't that how it goes in the movie?

Also admittedly, I'm not very comfortable with High 1-C Gurren Lagann... I don't personally remember their conception of "dimensions" lining up very well with the sites. At the very most, I'd be alright with "possibly", since they make a big fuss of it, maybe.

Maybe a possibly 2-C then? As I said, I'm editing it all at once and as I go, but I'll finish with it tongith and whatnot.

Basically, each TTGL form is defeated: First STTGL, then TTGL, then SGGL, then AGL, but Gurren Lagann is able to fight against it, something the Anti-Spiral thinks is impossible. This then would indeed corroborate that it is gaining the power from each of the previous forms, as well as augmenting its power with the dreams of everyone else (further corroborated in that this is a dimension where thoughts/feelings influence reality)

And as far as the Possibly High 1-C thing goes, only the top tiers would qualify, since they were the only ones able to manipulate the fabric of the verse (Simon says just before forming TTGL that space, time and dimensions are irrelevant to them) and AS would be the main one to qualify since he created the realm and Simon destroys it.

Please remember that we have no way of quantifying the difference between Low 2-C and 2-C, other than explicitly showing the ability to affect several universes at once.

I've already changed the rating to Possibly 2-C, but I'm waiting to hear what Ant has to say.

@Ant

I have shown proof above, in that it was able to destroy the Anti-Spiral's full powered Giga Drill Break when even the preceding forms could not do so, and was empowered by the previous forms as well as by the dreams of humanity.

Additionally, in regard to the dimensional thing, I have received better scans from here:

3305511-hid their stronghold somewhere
3305510-different dimensional axis
3305508-creating a time-space
3305507-the 10th and 11th dimensions

Okay, but was there any indication of being able to destroy several universes at once?

The possibly would hint toward that, since the fact is that they could defeat the attack of a being who STTGL (A 2-C) was not able to.

Okay, but please understand that I have a hard time keeping track of old topics, so I would appreciate an explanation for why the Anti-Spiral is 2-C, which characters that scale to it, and why.

Okay, that makes sense. The Anti-Spiral is 2-C because:

> It created a mecha which transcends space and time to a far-higher degree than its predecessor which already does so and is privy to its full power, which can:

> Create a labyrinth of universes with their own space and time

> Create a Super Spiral Universe, where the laws of reality are in deficit

> Controls space and time in the "real," universe, and could destroy it completely

Simon scales because:

> Defeated the Anti-Spiral

> Destroyed the Super Spiral Universe, which presumably also contains the Multiversal Labyrinth (as Ever said above)

> Was stated to have godlike, "omnipotent," control over his own universe

STTGL scales because:

> Can nearly equal SG, which harnesses the Anti-Spiral's full Spiral power. This attack draws all matter and entity in the entirety of the Super Spiral Universe, (which would include the Multiversal Labyrinth) into both it and the Anti-Spiral's Giga Drills, which then annihilate each other.

> Is stated to basically be a sentient universe with its own space and time

> Is likely infinitely more powerful than its predecessor, TTGL

Lord Genome possibly scales because:

> Absorbed the power of a Big Bang from a being that already transcends space and time

> Facilitated the creation of STTGL, who is 2-C.

Gurren Lagann possibly scales because:

> Was able to defeat the Anti-Spiral's most powerful attack after the previous forms could not

> Was empowered by the dreams and energy of all of humanity

> Was stated to be able to break a hole in the fabric of the universe

Additionally, what do you think about the scans above which heavily imply higher dimensionality?

Okay. I think that your assessments about 2-C ratings seems accurate then.

I personally would not mind "At least 2-C, possibly High 1-C" statistics, but it depends on what The Everlasting, Assaltwaffle, and ThePerpetual think.

Okay, we'll just wait for them then. Perpetual already agreed that it made sense though, even before the scans were posted.

Well, you can ask them to comment here again if you wish.

Okay. So should we give all characters that scale from it "At least 2-C. Possibly High 1-C", or just "High 1-C"?

Antvasima said:
Okay. So should we give all characters that scale from it "At least 2-C. Possibly High 1-C", or just "High 1-C"?
^

I am fine with At least 2-C, likely High 1-C since the 2-C feat is the same one as the High 1-C. Just depends on interpretation.

I'm not sure. If we use High 1-C for STTGL, TTGL post IBBS, Granzeboma, Simon, AS, what's the explanation for Granzeboma fighting before? Was it just holding back literally so much that it could do so by 6 or 7 entire infinities? Or do TTGL and the others scale as well?

Okay. Then that version of the statistics seem to be a go then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back