• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann and Granzeboma Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LoudCloud

Do you have a suggestion based on the above discussion?

I'm probably not the best person to come up with a proper suggestion for the profiles since my memory on the series is a little rusty and I've lost track of this thread recently (and the people on it seem to be awaiting more suggestions). I just think the current profiles have explanations that don't add up at face-value (eg. TTGL being High 3-A for surviving an attack from a being that is listed as Low 2-C on it's profiles) unless justified better or in further detail.

Well, if the profiles are of bad quality, I would appreciate if you and the other participants here can think up a solution.

TTGL + Pilots = Low 2-C

AS + Simon stay

SGGL gets upgraded to 4-A, likely 3-C

Just need to switch up some wordings, most likely.

I think the High 3-A rating needs to go, we are using a move we assume to be low 2-C to justify it when Low 2-C tier has an infinte range and lasting as long as they did means they would be a weaker tier 2 rather than an infinite tier below the anti-spiral.

Their only rating should something like:

low 2-C (could fight and eventually defeat the anti-spiral after absorbing his strongest attack)

In my opinion.

@Unite My Rice and Aeyu

Are you willing to improve upon the pages?

@AguilaR101

High 3-A also incorporates characters that have 4-dimensional power that is less than universal in scale.

Okay. Thanks. However, it is best if you ask The Everlasting to give input here first.

The current statistics for the GL high tier charas are what made sense to me the most at the time Joseph and me proposed that upgrade.

I am very short on time lately so I can't give a full explanation for their statistics or help with this discussion as I would usually do. However I don't think there is anything that contradicts the proposed upgrades.

Anyways, here is a thread with an indepth discussion about the current ratings. I hope this helps.

I would appreciate if somebody could ask The Everlasting to comment here.

Bump. This was going somewhere, but has stopped dead in the rocks. I'm going to revive it right now.

I suppose I can still get Ever to comment here.

The TTGL bots, TTGL characters and TTGL will get a straight Low 2-C tier for the reasons explained above, and STTGL would become a straight 2-C. Lordgenome's absorption thing might get At least Low 2-C or 2-C.

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann would get At least 4-A, likely 3-C.

I also support the changes to Galaxy level Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, Universe level+ Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann, Multi-Universe level STTGL, based on the reasoning provided.

ThePerpetual said:
I also support the changes to Galaxy level Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, Universe level+ Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann, Multi-Universe level STTGL, based on the reasoning provided.
This, basically.

Also, of note, the Multiversal Labrynth is actually real, so that's a supporting 2-C feat for the Anti-Spiral.

The word "jigen" is used to refer to spatial and temporal dimensions, whereas "sunpou" also means "dimension", but in the way to mean it similarly to the "pocket reality" sort of dimension. Jigen is used here, and M-theory is hinted in the series. They have 7 higher dimensions, and Anti-Spiral made a space between the 10th and 11th dimension, where STTGL and Anti-Spiral fought. TTGL is also stated to transcend time and space.

@Ever

Isn't that "At least 2-C" then?

Also, Hadou is bringing up a good point, although I don't know if that will be agreed upon or not.

Well, thing is, under our tiering system, I'm pretty sure you can't just travel to higher dimensions.

Well, if TheEverlasting and ThePerpetual agree, I suppose that this seens fine to me as well. Just remember to provide good explajations/justifications within the profiles.

That's true, but the nature of the Super Spiral Universe is different than our regular universe/multiverse. It is clearly stated that thoughts are what represent reality, and this somewhat holds true even outside of this point (SGGL warps to that universe and doesn't travel there)

@Ever

To be fair, it does say that it's a dimensional space between their membranes, and not the dimensions themselves. I could potentially see how one would argue that to be possibly (key word is possibly) High 1-C.

Also, @Ant, I would be willing to handle the upgrades, with possibly some help from Unite My Rice and others.

The Everlasting said:
The thing is, under standard geometry, you can't be "between" dimensions. It's like being between height and width.
"We will fight them between left and up!"

Yeah, it's obvious that this doesn't quite work the same way as standard M-Theory, so I'd say it's not valid.

@TheHadouCyberspaceWitch

The issue of whether or not TTGL and the Anti-Spiral are High 1-C has been an issue for quite a while. It was eventually dropped since DarkLK disagreed, due to the reason provided by TheEverlasting, but I am currently neutral regarding the topic.

@Aeyu

If you need me to unlock some pages, you need to write down a list of their exact titles, so I can use my mass-unlocking/locking script to handle it.

@DMUA

Well, just to be fair, most fiction doesn't work the same as standard M-Theory, not to mention the fact that M-Theory isn't necessarily the most likely candidate anymore, though it's still widely supported. I could also argue that while we do the 11 dimensions thing, many verses treat higher dimensions like manifolds, when M-Theory would tell us that there's 10 space dimensions and 1 of time.

Well.... It just seems absolutely ludicrous to think that Simon could just expand his power by 8 infinities on a whim, keep in mind this is before he absorbed all the spiral energy of the STTGL and became a god.

@Ant and Hadou

The only way I could defend it is that the spatial dimension is stated to be in-between the membranes of the 10th and 11th dimensions, and not between the dimensions themselves. If we apply M-Theory to this, and accept that their statements of surpassing space, time and dimensions are correct, you could make the argument that the 11th dimension is in fact a temporal one, and thus, it could make sense how such a dimension would have anomalous space-time properties, as well as being able to be shaped via one's own thoughts, which is clearly stated by Lordgenome after TTGL is formed. This all sounds more like a "Possibly High 1-C," if accepted though, rather than a straight High 1-C. That being said, the point about the Japanese used to describe said dimensions is likely the best case for defending this proposition.

Also @DMUA

Only the TTGL and up characters would scale anyway, as they were the only ones who could affect said dimension to any degree.

@Also, Ant, I will assemble a list:

Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Nia Teppelin

Lord Genome

Yoko Littner

Viral

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann

and

Anti-Spiral

Simon the Digger

as to provide better statements for their tiering

@DMUA, it may be ludicrous to us because we understand the gap in power between lower-dimensional beings and higher-dimensional beings, but most fiction does not acknowledge that this gap is several degrees of infinity.

Well, than that begs the question of if this Universe actually works with the Tiering system if it works in such a fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back