• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress General Discussion

hey gamers! I'm here with City Level items :3 which have been accepted a bit ago the thread proposing the upgrade to these items kinda died

Also I guess the vaporization values we use for robots can get a slight boost since Diamond Drone found out the weight of the heavy in one of his pootis engage calcs

hey gamers! I'm here with City Level items :3 which have been accepted a bit ago the thread proposing the upgrade to these items kinda died

Also I guess the vaporization values we use for robots can get a slight boost since Diamond Drone found out the weight of the heavy in one of his pootis engage calcs
I'm pretty sure the people of this thread are aware of this calc, given that it was mentioned in the Ayers "Not Rock" calc as a justification as to why 8-A isn't an outlier. I think a link in the OP of this calc would make it easier for people to discuss it though. I think using the description of the toy as a justification is weird, given that there's already a TF2 variant that has the Sub Atomic description, but that's mostly an issue of "presenting the valid feat, just incorrectly" and it seems to not be the last time.
Hmmm, Big Explosion on a modified pl_badwater with RED team fleeing? Wonder what could've caused it?

How do you know of those calcs? I don't really know how accurate BMI really is or how it's accepted in this wiki, I just used it there so it wasn't a generic "Human Weight". You might get a better accurate weight of Heavy by using Blender (like this guy, who was a TFtuber lol)

nah, TF2 is clearly 10-C, they can get harmed by cardboard
Dies to a single needle.
Dies to a wrapping tube.
Dies to a whip.
Dies to mittens.
Dies to a stomp.
Dies to oven mitts.
Dies to bottles.
Dies to literally-just-a-plank-with-a-nail-poking-through-it.
Dies to literally a broken switchblade.

I dunno fellas, 10-C does seem like a consistent tier for the mercs.

Also since the wrap assassin was briefly mentioned, i want to point out it's ingame description says Scout launches the ball at 90mph
I don't think this is all too impressive since i believe baseballs usually reach these speeds although i thought it could be something worth mentioning since it's very rare for weapon descriptions to give concrete values, and maybe it could be a supporting speed feat or something?

I'm pretty sure the people of this thread are aware of this calc, given that it was mentioned in the Ayers "Not Rock" calc as a justification as to why 8-A isn't an outlier. I think a link in the OP of this calc would make it easier for people to discuss it though. I think using the description of the toy as a justification is weird, given that there's already a TF2 variant that has the Sub Atomic description, but that's mostly an issue of "presenting the valid feat, just incorrectly" and it seems to not be the last time.
Hmmm, Big Explosion on a modified pl_badwater with RED team fleeing? Wonder what could've caused it?

How do you know of those calcs? I don't really know how accurate BMI really is or how it's accepted in this wiki, I just used it there so it wasn't a generic "Human Weight". You might get a better accurate weight of Heavy by using Blender (like this guy, who was a TFtuber lol)
Already I do know that we don't scale the weapons with the "Vaporization effect" to the mercs themself I mean for godsake it leaves them with no matter in their own body which is why we have wall-small building with 8-C with optional equipment

I also actually got into making calcs from people like Hamaji Neo and Matpat doing stuff like that lol I probably can use blender to find the volume of heavy';s body which would probably be more accurate when it came to grabbing a number for the amount of body vaporized within these instances

Already I do know that we don't scale the weapons with the "Vaporization effect" to the mercs themself I mean for godsake it leaves them with no matter in their own body which is why we have wall-small building with 8-C with optional equipment
Agreed, I think 8-C+ to 7-B+ vaporizing weaponry or 8-C+ vaporizing weaponry and 7-B+ pomson (possibly Manmelter, if you really believe the toys to be canon) is fine, but trying to scale them to the mercenaries when they are the frequent targets in the descriptions of these guns is kinda unusual.

Someone also tried to use death icons, which are gameplay aspects for the player viewing only and have no reliance on canon (ask HL2 DM prop kill icon), and "intentions" to justify a fish, a weapon that actively counts the hits and is clearly intended to be humiliating (which would be impossible if scaling to other melee weapons in canon), to atomizing and vaporizing weapons that described mercenaries being deconstructed with relative ease that's comparable to vaporizing humans, dogs and cows and can be done from the comfort of your own chair (also the Cowmangler is a Soldier primary replacement, which can do this in canon)

I have some additional arguments for vaporizing weaponry, but I’m pretty sick rn so I’m not really gonna elaborate.

Besides, we already have an 8-C calc via the rockets anyways

C4-B70442-F670-4-EAB-BD48-CB30-EC20-A98-C.png

Also since the wrap assassin was briefly mentioned, i want to point out it's ingame description says Scout launches the ball at 90mph
I don't think this is all too impressive since i believe baseballs usually reach these speeds although i thought it could be something worth mentioning since it's very rare for weapon descriptions to give concrete values, and maybe it could be a supporting speed feat or something?
Eh, I don’t know if it would even matter as a supporting feat, since that’s like pretty low-end subsonic, and they currently scale to Rockets, which are nearly Transonic

Back