• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dosn't necessarily utilize explosives, and I never claimed he did by the way so nice Straw Man, but he most likely gets caught in explosions often given Scout saw a giant explosion and immediately thought "That's Pyro."
The fact that its treated as casual is even mor reasoning for it to be considered an outlir my dude

he's not saying it's casual he just saying this is something that it happens so often to where they are not surprised by it anymore.
Cool then it should be easy to find another scan of him doing the same thing if thats what youre using for your argument

.001 tons is the yield of the 9-B Meet the Medic blast, as well as the other calc with another blast from the same video and the blast from Meet the Soldier
kYilzaW.png

mgXtraj.png

Cool then it should be easy to find another scan of him doing the same thing if thats what youre using for your argument
What we are saying is scout wasn't worried or even checked if pyro was ok, he just knew. which would imply that he's done stuff like this so many times that his teammates know he can survive explosions on that level. he was more worried about soldier being naked than pyro being in a large explosion

1. This calc shows Pyro tanking a 9-A explosion.
This feat is vague.

This is the last we see of Pyro before it and it immediately cuts to Scout/Pauling doing other things for vague time period before we see this explosion.

So
  • We don't know where this explosion originated from
  • We don't know what Pyro was doing in the building that made the explosion
    • We don't know if Pyro even caused that explosion and not one of the OG mercs, the only indication being that Scout thinks he made the explosion
  • We don't know how far away Pyro was from the explosion - as he presumably started fighting the two other mercs for some period of time while Scout/Pauling were doing things
Like it's a feat, yeah, that explosion shatters concrete on the top of the building which implies bigfuck yield but the way explosions conduct force depends on a litany of factors we cannot determine in the feat.

I can see there's an effort to fill in the blanks on this one but I honestly don't see how one particular interpretation takes priority over another.

idc the rest of this, scaling heat durability to blunt force durability is wack but I don't care enough to actually debate that

This feat is vague.

This is the last we see of Pyro before it and it immediately cuts to Scout/Pauling doing other things for vague time period before we see this explosion.

So
  • We don't know where this explosion originated from
  • We don't know what Pyro was doing in the building that made the explosion
    • We don't know if Pyro even caused that explosion and not one of the OG mercs, the only indication being that Scout thinks he made the explosion
  • We don't know how far away Pyro was from the explosion - as he presumably started fighting the two other mercs for some period of time while Scout/Pauling were doing things
Like it's a feat, yeah, that explosion shatters concrete on the top of the building which implies bigfuck yield but the way explosions conduct force depends on a litany of factors we cannot determine in the feat.

I can see there's an effort to fill in the blanks on this one but I honestly don't see how one particular interpretation takes priority over another.

idc the rest of this, scaling heat durability to blunt force durability is wack but I don't care enough to actually debate that
1) We know, there are many grenade boxes on the floor.
2) We do. The scout was covered in gasoline and pyro blew up several grenade boxes
3) We literally see it on panel

With many 9-B feats, it's not. You just abuse the word outlier whenever you don't want a verse to be upgraded
With many 9-B feats that consistently maim, fragment, and vaporize the characters a single 9-A feat of tanking a warehouse full of exlosives that consistntly maim, frag, and vaporize them would i fact be an outlier

1) Speculation at best. If it isn't shown, it can't be assumed.
2) He was covered in gasoline, cool. That means Pyro set him on fire, it does not mean Pyro blew him up.
3) We see an explosion, we never see Pyro and we have no timeframe between the last panel we see Pyro and the first panel we see the explosion.

1) Speculation at best. If it isn't shown, it can't be assumed.
2) He was covered in gasoline, cool. That means Pyro set him on fire, it does not mean Pyro blew him up.
3) We see an explosion, we never see Pyro and we have no timeframe between the last panel we see Pyro and the first panel we see the explosion.
1)There are grenade boxes there.
2) Yes? This is a durability feat, not an AP feat.
3) Scout saying "there he is" is enough. And the sudden cut does suggest it's simply switching points of view

1) Ok, cool. The grenades blew up the facility. This is not a factor that affects the outcome anyway.
2) I'm saying we have absolutely no idea how long before the warehouse blew up or how close Pyro was to the fire. I can come up with a scenario where Pyro lights them on fire and runs off before they bump into a grenade box and blow up. And this would be just as valid as anything you can come up with because that's literally how little information we are given.
3) Saying "there he is" is a very generalised statement of pointing out someone's location. It is in no way insinuating that Pyro was at the epicenter of the blast especially since Scout had 0 insight into what transpired in the warehouse.

1)There are grenade boxes there.
2) Yes? This is a durability feat, not an AP feat.
3) Scout saying "there he is" is enough. And the sudden cut does suggest it's simply switching points of view
ok

1) Assuming the grenade boxes blew up they're spread thorough the room. This spreads the explosion around to the point where the calculation just doesn't apply for being in the general area. something something square cube idk

2) I don't see any grenade boxes exploding

3) Scout saying Pyro is in the building does not tell me what Pyro is doing in the building. If it's simply switching POVs then there is like, still a lot of downtime between Pyro engaging the other mercs and the explosion going off.

tl;dr feat still vague/bad

ok

1) Assuming the grenade boxes blew up they're spread thorough the room. This spreads the explosion around to the point where the calculation just doesn't apply for being in the general area. something something square cube idk

2) I don't see any grenade boxes exploding

3) Scout saying Pyro is in the building does not tell me what Pyro is doing in the building. If it's simply switching POVs then there is like, still a lot of downtime between Pyro engaging the other mercs and the explosion going off.

tl;dr feat still vague/bad
It's portrayed as one explosion tho

I think I speak for both sides when I say that we are tired of repeating the same arguments. I’m currently too tired from other stuff, but hopefully within 2 days, I plan to post a proper refute that addresses all important points of the opposition.

Scouts feat is 9-B. At this point you'd need an actual calc member who isnt DMUA (As DMUA has a tendency to not look over calcs he approves and backtrack on calcs he approves constantly) to approve the 9-A calc over the 9-B calc. And even then surviving is not tanking, once again a normal human isnt 9-B because they get hostpialized by a land mine they step on but dont die from it.
The problem with this assumption is that I did look over them this time. Not just the standard gloss over it and bail. There is no reason to assume those explosions were a significant enough distance away to render the feat 9-B.

I already addressed how Scout had no significant signs of damage in spite of already being injured before that point. It's not the same as having your leg blown off.

Reading through the entire thread I agree with straight up 9-A. one near 9-A and one 9-A feat should be enough to scale. Separating the mercs into two keys is also a good solution to all of the lower feats.
there are no feats near 9-A, there are three mid 9-B feats and one 9-A feat

Two keys wont work seeing as we no longer accept in-game stuff as legitimate for TF2

And no, we never agreed on that.

1169.69758594 Grams of TNT or 4894014.7 Joules which is 9-B or Wall level

0.00090613812 tons of TNT or 3791281.89 joules

0.0016512881 tons of TNT or 6908989.41 joules

The calc group did in fact agree on it

And .001 tons is not only consistent in cutscenes as it has now three different calcs of three dfferent rockets that all have that yield, but its consistent with the in-game rockets and grenades which have also been calced at that level and have a measured blast radius that puts them at that level

No, not at all. Abstractions has just mentioned twice that a scan that suggests the gameplay to be a dramatiziation of what canonically happened exists, there has been no thread about that.

But to get back on track,

1169.69758594 Grams of TNT or 4894014.7 Joules which is 9-B or Wall level
The yield of .00412 tons of TNT was accepted for this calc as you have been shown several times now.

0.00090613812 tons of TNT or 3791281.89 joules
In hindsight, this calculation seems incorrect. Slightly wonky pixelscaling and we can't see the entirety of the blast.

I can see Dargoo's point, but I can't really agree with writing the feat off entirely

The implication is pretty strongly suggesting that there was an altercation that lead to the grenades going off and the whole place blowing up, which Pyro would have had to tank. If it was some point after that they'd probably just show Pyro actually outside of the building instead of having it stated "oh, there's pyro, in the middle of that massive explosion"

There is also still the scout feat so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back