• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 9-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless, I still have 3 potentially supporting feats that I will try to calc, as well as recalc the pyro explosion based on some of the issues said here.

Ok so based on what I know, the 9-A feats are Pyro's shed explosion, and MvM robots tanking the Sentry Buster. But there are also tons of 9-B feats like the explosion of pills and rockets.

Don't we have protocol for verses like this? If I remember correctly, IDW Transformers has tiers for both high end and low end feats because the verse is inconsistent with their scaling. Would it not be appropriate to do like, At least 9-B, at most 9-A?

I don't see why there can't be a compromise. We've been at a roundabout for days now spitting the same rhetoric and I've seen compelling arguments from both sides. There really isn't much to do here but compromise.

Ok so based on what I know, the 9-A feats are Pyro's shed explosion, and MvM robots tanking the Sentry Buster. But there are also tons of 9-B feats like the explosion of pills and rockets.

Don't we have protocol for verses like this? If I remember correctly, IDW Transformers has tiers for both high end and low end feats because the verse is inconsistent with their scaling. Would it not be appropriate to do like, At least 9-B, at most 9-A?

I don't see why there can't be a compromise. We've been at a roundabout for days now spitting the same rhetoric and I've seen compelling arguments from both sides. There really isn't much to do here but compromise.
100% agreed

The 9-A feat is being recalced as there is a ton wrong with the math and it has already been agreed to be likely too vague to use regardless

Sentry Buster is in-game only and thus wouldnt be useable

Eh you saved me the effort anyhow.

Even if we can't use it, it shows that the mercs can survive stuff above 9-B.

The Scout feat, which is on the profile, has an accepted value of 0.00412727302 tons which is less than 0.001 tons away (NOT for a single rocket, but the entire explosion itself) from 9-A, so no, its not the "only" 9-A feat.

And there is still some stuff I wish to calc. There are some explosions from Meet the Soldier that look promising.

Also, I would prefer if someone besides Weekly recalced Pyro's explosion, because I would not put it past Weekly to purposefully inflate the result for the sake of making it an outlier, given they've also purposefully ignored things for the sake of keeping TF2 out of 9-A despite being told about them multiple times.

I dont evn know how you would go about calcing that, for one theres no scale to measure its just a bunch of explosions right in the camera and for two it looks like multiple explosions going off not just one

Outlier is for extreme cases. Not 9-B, possibly 9-A due to demos pill to 8-C
This would in fact be an extreme case. Pyro tanking an 8-C explosion produced by a warehouse of explosives that consistently oneshot the mercs in every other scenario is an outlier in every sense

This would in fact be an extreme case. Pyro tanking an 8-C explosion produced by a warehouse of explosives that consistently oneshot the mercs in every other scenario is an outlier in every sense
That consistently one shot the mercs? We don't know what kinda explosions those were, TFC mercs are weaker than TF2 mercs

Cool? That doesnt change the fact that tanking an 8-C feat with no damage is an outlier for a cast of characters that are consistntly hurt, maimed, and killed by 9-B weaponry

Cool? That doesnt change the fact that tanking an 8-C feat with no damage is an outlier for a cast of characters that are consistntly hurt, maimed, and killed by 9-B weaponry
Cool? That dosn't change the fact I'm nowhere near trusting that calc of yours given you're clearly opposed to this to the extent that you ignore an admin-approved calc that people have told you about several times

Cool? That dosn't change the fact I'm nowhere near trusting that calc of yours given you're clearly opposed to this to the extent that you ignore an admin-approved calc that people have told you about several times
Says the guy ignoring five admin approved 9-B calcs and declarations from admins that 9-A isnt viable?

I would seriously prefer if someone with no clear biases here redid Pyro calc, though. @DMUA, would you consider doing it since you seem to be neutral here?
Says the guy ignoring five admin approved 9-B calcs and declarations from admins that 9-A isnt viable?
Other admins have said it is viable so....

At this moment I'm leaning towards Sir_Ovens's proposal, and basically to the cast becoming stronger than just 9-B.

There's feats some of which were calced and accepted, the fact that characters are hurted by 9-B attacks doesn't necessarily making 9-A feats an outlier, at least because there's more than one.

And also I'm just interested how it would end, so let me sit there.

At this moment I'm leaning towards Sir_Ovens's proposal, and basically to the cast becoming stronger than just 9-B.

There's feats some of which were calced and accepted, the fact that characters are hurted by 9-B attacks doesn't necessarily making 9-A feats an outlier, at least because there's more than one.

And also I'm just interested how it would end.
There isnt more than one, there is a single 9-A feat that was recalced to 8-C, the rest is literally just upscaling from mid level 9-B attacks that kill them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back