• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know what you mean? He doesn't use them because the scenario needs to play out in an exact manner so he doesn't use them here. He doesn't have that issue there.
And when he doesn’t need a specific scenario to play out, he never uses it even if it’s useful.
Again, just because he doesn't use them in some films doesn't mean he won't use them now. The one shot argument can be said for Strange since again, he's 6-B and Fate's High 6-C.
You need to prove he will use it in character, something you can’t do because “he doesn’t use them in some (re: all) films”

I don’t deny that Strange can one-shot, he just doesn’t do so in character nor will he have the opportunity to do so against dozens of Fates.
No, because you seem to think he would he wouldn't use something that can perfectly counter him if he saw several magic clones attacking him. He's not dumb.
He doesn’t use clones against opponents who are blatantly stronger than him. He is dumb.
Also Strange using the Mirror Dimension is also in character in all scenarios shown so it is perfectly viable for him to do this here also.
Did you by any chance miss all of the context when he uses it? Because you are ignoring all of it even when I explained it several times in this thread.
Okay, why did you not tell me the restraints spawn automatically? Cause that would have saved me time writing this.
Fate has maybe 2-3 mins of fighting in Black Adam, I figured people would just watch the clips or know.
So anyway, yeah. If that's the case, Fate can win this then. Though I'm not really voting though.
That’s fine. Good talk

And when he doesn’t need a specific scenario to play out, he never uses it even if it’s useful.

You need to prove he will use it in character, something you can’t do because “he doesn’t use them in some (re: all) films”

I don’t deny that Strange can one-shot, he just doesn’t do so in character nor will he have the opportunity to do so against dozens of Fates.

He doesn’t use clones against opponents who are blatantly stronger than him. He is dumb.

Did you by any chance miss all of the context when he uses it? Because you are ignoring all of it even when I explained it several times in this thread.

Fate has maybe 2-3 mins of fighting in Black Adam, I figured people would just watch the clips or know.

That’s fine. Good talk
The only other times he fight is with Spider-Man (someone he does not take seriously) and Wanda (who he tries not to hurt and is also stronger than him due to the Darkhold), so those instances can say why he doesn't use it.

Because he is staring down several magic users about to bombard him at once. Why would he not use something to even the odds or help him, whether its clones or the Mirror Dimension? If there was an in-universe explanation like he lost that ability and can't use it fine I won't argue. But if he still has it and its a good way to help I would think he would use it here.

He uses very time he can whether to trap people like Spider-Man and Wanda or defense and attacking like Thanos. Whether he wants to trap someone or reflect something back at someone he can use it as he does it consistently.

Unfortunately, not everyone does that and also I feel the profile for Fate is currently lacking in sources and more details.

Yeah, you too. I don't mind Strange losing, I just found him not using his other stuff when he can and its a good counter for this is not something I agree with. But if Fate's restrains can trap his hands automatically, then I can agree that's a good wincon.

Actually wait strange has a godly range advantage over fate that we haven’t considered and their starting range or the location wasn't specified

I'd like this info because right from the start strange had kilometers range with his regular magic and interdimensional extrasensory Perception, and multiversal+ range with some magic

He's also way smarter at Extraordinary Genius while fate is only gifted

Much like most of the stuff brought up for Strange in this thread, it being out of character. He always flies closer for some dumb reason to fight at several meters.

Edit: Plus teleportation boy

Edit 2: I also remembered that Fate can cast magic halfway across the planet so why Tf is he only several dozen meters?

: Plus teleportation boy
Yeah but that just says far higher at least stranges is multiversal+

Far higher could be hundreds of meters or planetary so it doesn't mean much

Much like most of the stuff brought up for Strange in this thread, it being out of character. He always flies closer for some dumb reason to fight at several metres.
More several meters up to like tens of meters as well to hundreds of meters in character but it's not out of character for him to like just use his mobility with his cloak in a fight so I have no doubt he'd still for the most part keep his range advantage

Yeah but that just says far higher at least stranges is multiversal+

Far higher could be hundreds of meters or planetary so it doesn't mean much
That level of range doesn’t matter since Strange isn’t exactly going to be using it.
More several meters up to like tens of meters as well to hundreds of meters in character but it's not out of character for him to like just use his mobility with his cloak in a fight so I have no doubt he'd still for the most part keep his range advantage
No range advantage exists since Fate can cast magic in Adam’s Arctic prison cell all the way from Kahndaq.

I don't see Strange losing if he starts with the mirror dimension, which gives him a substantial environmental advantage. Any attacks sent his way he could deflect, or nullify, and I don't see why constructs sent flying at him he doesn't end with telekinesis, deconstruction or just teleports them away. He'll use clones if fate uses clones, and with both of them having clones that can all use magic, strange's hax/range advantage gives him the edge anyway. If it does somehow get dangerous bfr into the mirror dimension or across the multiverse ends it.

I don't see Strange losing if he starts with the mirror dimension, which gives him a substantial environmental advantage. Any attacks sent his way he could deflect, or nullify, and I don't see why constructs sent flying at him he doesn't end with telekinesis, deconstruction or just teleports them away. He'll use clones if fate uses clones, and with both of them having clones that can all use magic, strange's hax/range advantage gives him the edge anyway. If it does somehow get dangerous bfr into the mirror dimension or across the multiverse ends it.
Is that a vote for Strange then?

Back